The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Gray Leather Driver's Seat (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=51561)

SVXalter 09-07-2009 06:23 PM

Gray Leather Driver's Seat

I'm interested in a well-maintained gray leather driver's seat.

BoxerFanatic 09-07-2009 08:35 PM

Re: Gray Leather Driver's Seat

You and me both. :D you get first call, of course, but maybe there is more than one out there somewhere?

One within a day's drive radius of Des Moines Iowa would be preferable for me. :D

BTW, wasn't there one around the Purham, MN or Fargo, ND area somewhere... a parts car that someone mentioned about 2 months back or so... Maybe still a lead for you, in Minnesota.

SVXalter 09-07-2009 08:44 PM

Yes that would be the seat from my parts car haha. The other seats in that car are all pretty flawless so I got the idea of a leather swap, but would I want to go from mint cloth to worn leather for the driver's seat? The seat is in good condition but not quite to the level I'm looking for.

Sean486 09-08-2009 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXalter (Post 616670)
Yes that would be the seat from my parts car haha. The other seats in that car are all pretty flawless so I got the idea of a leather swap, but would I want to go from mint cloth to worn leather for the driver's seat? The seat is in good condition but not quite to the level I'm looking for.

Have you tried the Leather Restore product on your existing drivers seat? It can take a worn seat and make it look at most flawless.

SVXalter 09-08-2009 12:23 PM

I'm guessing you're talking about the stuff that's mentioned in the product reviews section? I guess I hadn't even thought of it... any solutions for fingertip sized hole?

Sean486 09-08-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXalter (Post 616727)
I'm guessing you're talking about the stuff that's mentioned in the product reviews section? I guess I hadn't even thought of it... any solutions for fingertip sized hole?

Yes the stuff in the Product Reviews. I think if you could get some kind of fabric backing tight underneath the hole, the Leather Restore might cover it over. I know it covers those bare spots where the grey is all worn away.

0silent1 09-09-2009 06:06 PM

The leather in question is suede, right? Because the seats in my parts car are the gray suede type and I'm pretty sure they're leather :confused:, but in my tan 96, they are smooth leather. They're only in average shape though, and I think I'm way too far (Atlanta) for the seats to be of any help to you guys.

1986nate 09-09-2009 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0silent1 (Post 616929)
The leather in question is suede, right? Because the seats in my parts car are the gray suede type and I'm pretty sure they're leather :confused:, but in my tan 96, they are smooth leather. They're only in average shape though, and I think I'm way too far (Atlanta) for the seats to be of any help to you guys.

No, the early models also had the "smooth" leather in grey but only on the higher models