The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Looking for a little pity (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=31611)

Electrophil 02-18-2006 01:59 AM

Looking for a little pity

Well, driving to the West side EARLY this morning, I come up to one of those "3 stop redlights". You know, the ones where you finally make it up to the light on the 3rd try.

I'm sitting there and here comes the smoke from around my front fender wells.
Another smacked up PS hose? I wondered during the light, then quickly got in the right lane pulling into a Office Cheapo parking lot. PS hose??

No..... Turned out to be the dreaded silent tranny killer. The short hose from the ATF filter sprung a leak. Luckily it didn't pour out straight to the street as it's happened to other members, but rather spurted out, hitting an exhaust header causing a visual warning.

No damage done I don't think, and only a 20 minute fix, but I was still hoping for a little pity. You know, a couple of "ahhh, that's terrible electrophil!", or "Hey, it could be worse, keep that chin up guy!", or "Hey, sorry to hear it... I just paypal'd ya $60 for a fancy lunch to get your mind off the grief". You know, pity along those lines.

intelisevil 02-18-2006 04:21 AM

"ahhh, that's terrible electrophil!"

"Hey, it could be worse, keep that chin up guy!"

"Hey, sorry to hear it... I just paypal'd ya $60 for a fancy lunch to get your mind off the grief"

Well, the first two anyway . . . ;) :D

Dan

Ricochet 02-18-2006 08:14 AM

You got lucky, no pity here.. glad you were able to see it.

Electrophil 02-18-2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by intelisevil

"Hey, sorry to hear it... I just paypal'd ya $60 for a fancy lunch to get your mind off the grief"

Well, the first two anyway . . . ;) :D

Dan

Thanks!! :D (PayPal seems to be running late with their notification emails..:confused: )

Electrophil 02-18-2006 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet
You got lucky, no pity here.. glad you were able to see it.

The scary part is this morning in the light, I can see the trail of ATF fluid from my driveway. :eek: That means that sucker was already leaking. I am like REALLY lucky on this one, that I'm not on here begging for a cheap Tranny.

DarknessofDeath 02-18-2006 11:14 AM

is the equivilant to
"that f:mad: n b***s.....at least the car didn't explode"

though...it is good that it wasnt' a big problem

Electrophil 02-18-2006 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarknessofDeath
is the equivilant to
"that f:mad: ck'n blows.....at least the car didn't explode"

though...it is good that it wasnt' a big problem

:D :D I'm on the ground rolling again. :D :D
You guys crack me up. :D

ensteele 02-18-2006 11:22 AM

"Hey, glad to hear your tranny is still ok". :) :)

MNYPNNY 02-19-2006 07:58 PM

I'm so sorry my friend...
My car's been in the shop for over a week....
Wanna comp my stay in LV for a couple days? I'll commiserate with you.... lol.... ;) ;)

subi-crosser 02-19-2006 10:21 PM

3 light stop....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electrophil
Well, driving to the West side EARLY this morning, I come up to one of those "3 stop redlights". You know, the ones where you finally make it up to the light on the 3rd try.

I'm sitting there and here comes the smoke from around my front fender wells.
Another smacked up PS hose? I wondered during the light, then quickly got in the right lane pulling into a Office Cheapo parking lot. PS hose??

No..... Turned out to be the dreaded silent tranny killer. The short hose from the ATF filter sprung a leak. Luckily it didn't pour out straight to the street as it's happened to other members, but rather spurted out, hitting an exhaust header causing a visual warning.

No damage done I don't think, and only a 20 minute fix, but I was still hoping for a little pity. You know, a couple of "ahhh, that's terrible electrophil!", or "Hey, it could be worse, keep that chin up guy!", or "Hey, sorry to hear it... I just paypal'd ya $60 for a fancy lunch to get your mind off the grief". You know, pity along those lines.

We have a traffic light that has a reputation for 'so-slow,' that a local radio personality was wondering if a person could actually run into the Domino's Pizza shop, ORDER, and be in the car ,'IN LINE' when it was delivered to the curb!!

A lot of cars have been PUSHED into the pizza shop parking lot over 'mechanical failures. that occur at the (subject to Guinnis Book rules) RED LIGHT!!!

I am sorry that you had the problem, and rejoice that it didn't require a FIRETRUCK, or ROLL-BACK to bring this ,saga, to a close!!

Jerry

Electrophil 02-19-2006 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subi-crosser
We have a traffic light that has a reputation for 'so-slow,' that a local radio personality was wondering if a person could actually run into the Domino's Pizza shop, ORDER, and be in the car ,'IN LINE' when it was delivered to the curb!!

A lot of cars have been PUSHED into the pizza shop parking lot over 'mechanical failures. that occur at the (subject to Guinnis Book rules) RED LIGHT!!!

I am sorry that you had the problem, and rejoice that it didn't require a FIRETRUCK, or ROLL-BACK to bring this ,saga, to a close!!

Jerry

Thanks! :)

Electrophil 02-19-2006 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thndrmtn92svx
I'm so sorry my friend...
My car's been in the shop for over a week....
Wanna comp my stay in LV for a couple days? I'll commiserate with you.... lol.... ;) ;)

I've called up a couple of contacts, and have you set up for 5* spectacular** nights in the world famous Motel 6!! :eek:

Only 7 miles from the strip, it includes a bed***, vintage boarded up windows overlooking the flood basin****, and partial indoor plumbing*****. Breakfast is free!******

(Offer voided during the peak season between February and December. )
* These 5 nights cannot be used consecutively, or in the same month
** There is no guarantee any of the 5 nights will be spectacular... at least not for you.
*** Selected suites only, and not yours.
**** Boards may be removed during police raids on the meth lab next door.
***** There's a small hole next to the boarded up windows.
****** In the soup kitchen next door.

SilverSpear 02-20-2006 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele

"Hey, glad to hear your tranny is still ok". :) :)

I can't understand why you say "Keep that chin up" ? :D :D
If Robert kept it up he wouldn't have seen the problem.. It's good that he kept it down this time :D :D

Hehe, J/K, keep one's chip up = be attentive :D :D

Electrophil 02-20-2006 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
I can't understand why you say "Keep that chin up" ? :D :D
If Robert kept it up he wouldn't have seen the problem.. It's good that he kept it down this time :D :D

Hehe, J/K, keep one's chip up = be attentive :D :D

:D :D I want new laugh smilies :D :D

Earthworm 02-20-2006 02:41 PM

The same thing happened to me when I installed a tranny temperature sensor. I later replaced the hose with a 5 spd :D