The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   speed sensitive wipers (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27794)

magickfingers 08-09-2005 01:33 AM

speed sensitive wipers

Has anybody (other than the marketing team) found a positive aspect to this feature? I think it sucks! Why would anyone want a wiper blade to only clean half of their windshield?
Marc

sharky512345 08-09-2005 01:36 AM

the wiper blade still cleans the whole window :confused:

NikFu S. 08-09-2005 02:22 AM

*smack*

The faster you go during a rain shower the more blurred your windsheild will become up until a certain speed at which it just flies off thanks to awesome aerodynamics.

*ahem*

Say you have your wipers on "intermittent", which I always do when it rains.

It's nice to have them wipe every 5 or 6 seconds at that stop light instead of just going at it being all obnoxious.

When you accellerate to speed, probably about 40-50mph, you'll want them to keep up with the amount of rain coming down, because being safe overrules any amount of discomfort brought on by constant BWEE BYOO *thunk* wiper noises.

It's just a luxury feature that lets you do more driving and less fidgeting with controls.

Chiketkd 08-09-2005 10:25 AM

I personally like 'em. Like Nick mentioned, it's a nice feature to have when you come to rest at a stop light. :)

-Chike

red95svx 08-09-2005 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magickfingers
Has anybody (other than the marketing team) found a positive aspect to this feature? I think it sucks! Why would anyone want a wiper blade to only clean half of their windshield?
Marc

Huh? They work great. They slow down when the car slows down and they speed up when the car speeds up. Half of the windshield?? Maybe your system is broken.

Dave

benebob 08-09-2005 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red95svx
Huh? They work great. They slow down when the car slows down and they speed up when the car speeds up. Half of the windshield?? Maybe your system is broken.

Dave

Hee hee. I forgot I had 'em. Hee hee. Been over 3 years since I drove it in the rain. :D

magickfingers 08-09-2005 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red95svx

Dave

When i'm driving <40 mph, my wiper on the driver's side only goes 'up' about halfway. When i speed up it sweeps the entire windshield. If i put the wipers on 'high' it sweeps the entire windshield even if i'm going slowly. Is this broken? It really sucks for driving slowly in the rain, as the view out of my left eye is all raindrops. I've been meaning to 'Rain-X' the windshield but i only think of it when it's raining :cool:
Marc

NikFu S. 08-09-2005 10:27 PM

Quote:

When i'm driving <40 mph, my wiper on the driver's side only goes 'up' about halfway.

It's broked.
Quote:

When i speed up it sweeps the entire windshield. If i put the wipers on 'high' it sweeps the entire windshield even if i'm going slowly. Is this broken? :cool:
Marc
That part is not broked.
Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
Been over 3 years since I drove it in the rain. :D

D: asdasdasdf

red95svx 08-10-2005 06:40 AM

Quote:

When i'm driving <40 mph, my wiper on the driver's side only goes 'up' about halfway. When i speed up it sweeps the entire windshield. If i put the wipers on 'high' it sweeps the entire windshield even if i'm going slowly. Is this broken? It really sucks for driving slowly in the rain, as the view out of my left eye is all raindrops. I've been meaning to 'Rain-X' the windshield but i only think of it when it's raining :cool:
Marc

You wipers are always supposed to make a full sweep. The speed settings adjust how often the sweeps are made. The speed sensitivity is only active on the intermittent setting. Low and high settings are not speed sensitive. If your wipers are not making a full sweep of the windshield at any setting, you have a problem.

Dave

Earthworm 08-19-2005 12:58 PM

Sounds like they're stripped. The only reason they go all the way up at higher speeds is that wind is helping them up.