The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   WTB: right front complete hub and knuckle assembly (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30587)

immortal_suby 01-01-2006 12:09 PM

WTB: right front complete hub and knuckle assembly

Wanted: complete passenger front hub and knuckle (housing) assembly with wheel bearing intact. Preferably from a wreck that had a good wheel bearing and it all needs to be in one piece to be swapped in.

I can ship back my ABS tone wheel (it is fine) after my bad hub/knuckle is removed. I don't think this can be removed without pressing the hub out of the knuckle/bearing and I know these are expensive and you'd probably want to sell it separately.

My bearing is shot and judging by the amount of play in it the hub or knuckle is probably shot too. Going to replace entire unit at once if I can get the parts.

Anyone have one from a lower mileage part-out?

Parts I need are circled in this pic
Needs to be AWD.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...suby/32741.jpg

Electrophil 01-01-2006 03:43 PM

I have one with probably about 200 miles on the bearing.. 400 miles max. How hard is it to remove the complete unit? If not too time consuming, we can work this out.

(It's on a 94 FWD/Non ABS car... I don't know the specifics on it being non-ABS, but I won't be needing any return cores... I'm about to strip the car anyway to get it out of my garage.)

immortal_suby 01-01-2006 04:20 PM

Dang, that would have been great. :) Unfortunately the fwd and awd have 2 different part numbers for the hubs and knuckles so I don't think it would work :(

thanks anyway!

Electrophil 01-01-2006 04:36 PM

Bummer. what a waste of a new bearing...:(

gotsubarus 01-02-2006 11:46 AM

Matt, I think the hubs off the FWD will fit on the AWD its got the same brakes and rotors and Axles

Electrophil 01-02-2006 01:16 PM

I think the big difference is the ABS tone wheel. I've never been down there in that, but if that is something that goes on "after" the bearing is pressed, I guess it would make a difference.

It's there for you either way. I'm not "trying" to sell it. I'll just help out if it works.

immortal_suby 01-02-2006 04:41 PM

Yeah, I wish I could do it but I don't have access to a press and all the subaru tools to do it. Not to mention I don't have any experience replacing bearings so I'm a little gun shy to try it without just replacing the whole unit at once.

I wonder why they have 2 different part numbers for FWD and AWD?

gotsubarus 01-03-2006 09:49 AM

hay Matt, I know the Junk yard up here has one in it if you need me to get you a hub.... It will probably be 45.00

immortal_suby 01-03-2006 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsubarus
hay Matt, I know the Junk yard up here has one in it if you need me to get you a hub.... It will probably be 45.00

Do you think they have the entire knuckle/hub/bearing assembly intact in that car? I don't have a way of pressing a bearing in or out of a hub. Thanks for the help!

gotsubarus 01-04-2006 11:29 AM

yes, the wheels were on the one i took to one place and the other place had one there with wheels on it when i was taking and outback over there.. so I know they have them.... If you want to drive up and us instal it real quik we can or drive up and pick it up, cause i wont be back down to greenville pickens till maybee next week or more.

immortal_suby 01-04-2006 05:05 PM

That would be great! If you don't have time to do it I do have monday and tuesday off next week so I could head up there and pull it from that yard if you could give me directions. Is it a U-pull it yard or do you just tell them what you want?

immortal_suby 01-05-2006 02:30 PM

Got the part at a salvage yard and installed it today. Thanks for the help everybody. My right front is nice and quiet now. :)