The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Possible all Aluminum Radiator group buy (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63779)

gwynethh 12-31-2015 07:25 AM

Possible all Aluminum Radiator group buy

from Adam Harrington on FaceBook

"****GROUP BUY****
To all:
I have talked with AMR and they are willing to put together a group buy for an aluminum radiator for us at $325 shipped!!! They will need 20 people to go into this with 50% down payment.

Andy from AMR also had this to say:
If you can get a group buy going, have them pay 50 percent down, and allow us 8 weeks to produce them then we can do it.

It will take us about 3-4 weeks to prepare the jig, and do some testing, then 4 weeks to produce.

This would be a stock copy, meaning it will have all the mounts, and etc to use your factory hardware.

Let me know who all is interested and hopefully we can get the 20 people needed to make this happen!"

additionally he went on to say

"I just spoke with Andy from AMR about the concerns of it performing better then stock and he said: Ofcourse it will flow better than stock, it will utilize a better core, and thicker core. It will be tons better than the oem tank for sure."

YMMV not my info just passing it on to non FB SVXers. Currently ONLY 5 of us have signed up!

svxcess 01-01-2016 07:21 AM

Re: Possible all Aluminum Radiator GROUP BUY LIST

Lets start the group buy list by adding the name of the five members who have already committed their payment. May serve as an incentive.

Who is handling the group buy on thr network and collecting the upfront $162.50 deposits? What forms of payments accepted (Paypal?) Have they ever made radiators before?

.o

gwynethh 01-01-2016 10:52 AM

Re: Possible all Aluminum Radiator GROUP BUY LIST

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 742890)
Lets start the group buy list by adding the name of the five members who have already committed their payment. May serve as an incentive.

Who is handling the group buy on thr network and collecting the upfront $162.50 deposits? What forms of payments accepted (Paypal?) Have they ever made radiators before?

1.Gwynethh

.o

I forwarded the questions to Adam Harrington on Face Book as he is the instigator of this and I do not know if he comes here often.

WYOSVX 01-01-2016 10:55 AM

Re: Possible all Aluminum Radiator group buy

Yes, they have made radiators:

https://amrengineering.com/gallery/n...minum-radiator

"The stock S-series radiator is prone to cracking. Many many Saturn owners have replaced their radiators more than once due to this problem. We solved this problem by making a full aluminum radiator for their chassis. This particular model uses a 1.5" core, and is tig welded, and then pressure tested once completed. The unit includes all OEM provisions, and can use all stock hardware such as the factory ac, and radiator fans. This is a product with limited availability. Contact us today to check on to see if we have one available!"

gwynethh 01-01-2016 11:19 AM

From Adam
"The deposits won't be collected until 20 people are in the group buy. Also payment will be on the AMR website once I notify him of 20 people in the group buy he will set up a payment option just for us. Yes they have made radiators before and you can see them on their website as well."

theflystyle 01-01-2016 03:48 PM

What about those of us not on "the Facebook"

I would probably be interested as well.

gwynethh 01-01-2016 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theflystyle (Post 742907)
What about those of us not on "the Facebook"

I would probably be interested as well.

If we get 20 people total here and on FB AMR will set this up. I will pass on to Mr. Harrington anyone here who wants to get in on this and doesn't do Face Book.

Just say you don't do FB and confirm your solid interest. If you are on FB please message Adam Harrington directly.

Deposit will go directly to AMR AFTER AMR sets up a payment system on their home page. No intermediary will handle any monies.

svxcess 01-02-2016 08:07 PM

I propose they have a stock SVX radiator to get very accurate dimensions from AND a stock SVX available to test fit and modify before production.

We need accurate dimensions. The PWRs had a thicker core and there were some critical clearance issues, such as how close the radiator fans came to the timing belt cover. Also the height of the filler neck, which caused the radiator cap to contact the inside of the hood and release radiator pressure.

The first PWR radiators were way off in many other areas. The radiator support mounting holes did not line up completely, fan mounting was off

Remember that the first "plug and play" Ceika coilovers were anything but.

Earl Steele has a boatload of stock SVXs which could be available to AMR. AMR is in Vancouver WA and Earl is in Burlington, WA, about 230 miles away.

gwynethh 01-05-2016 10:36 PM

AMR has posted info on the product and has set up a registry for those wanting one.
https://amrengineering.com/product/1...r-oem-fitment/

Sign up now. No deposit required to sign up though they will ask for 50% down in the confirming response. They will be made in batches of 20.

fasteract7 01-06-2016 03:09 AM

Subscribed...got a reply back that they want a 50% deposit via PP invoice. I have asked them a few questions like..how long will they wait for the needed 20 to sign up, will they in fact need 20 before starting production, the expected ETA, etc.

Crazy_pilot 01-06-2016 05:28 AM

1. Gwynethh
2. Crazy_Pilot

Edit: They aren't asking for deposits until they have 20 people committed. I responded to the automatic email to give them my PayPal email and AMR responded back saying that the initial email is misworded and deposits aren't required yet.

gwynethh 01-06-2016 05:55 AM

Just got a corrected response from AMR

"Hi there, I apologize, but our system sent out the wrong e-mail when you had signed up for the Buy-In, the correct e-mail notification is copy, and pasted below. This is a new system for us, I apologize for the bug.

Hi,
Thanks for signing up for the product 1992 to 1997 Subaru SVX 1.5″ Aluminum Radiator OEM FItment listed here on AMR Engineering. This is a notification mail to confirm that you have added yourself to the group of people looking to have this item produced. This item is made in small runs which require atleast 20 people or more. Once we have enough confirmed buyers to move forward with production we will send you an e-mail with instructions to put a downpayment to get this moving forward. Thanks for your support! Spread the word!

svxcess 01-06-2016 08:22 PM

Svxfiles says our OEM radiators are 1" thick, single core

The AMR is going to be a custom 1.5" thick, dual core

The PWR is 2" thick, dual core.

This might just work. Better cooling than stock, without the fitment and clearance issues from being oversize.

92 SVX 01-07-2016 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 742968)

Svxfiles says our OEM radiators are 1" thick, single core

The AMR is going to be a custom 1.5" thick, dual core

The PWR has a 2" core.

This might just work. Better cooling than stock, without the fitment and clearance issues from being oversize.

I have been in email contact with Andy and
he sent me this email

"If anyone has a radiator to send us that we can scrap kindly give us the dimensions so we can provide a shipping label to whomever is willing to donate. I will need there complete address, and email and I can provide a label. I am confident you guys will get this going, so I would like to get started on my end ASAP. As we are quite busy."

I am not the original that got this started but I did talk to him and he says even after the original 20 he will keep this going until early February so we can get as many people on board as possible.

theflystyle 01-07-2016 05:12 AM

FYI - added myself to the email list