The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Whats your exit strategy? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48887)

demonsvx 01-26-2009 06:56 PM

Whats your exit strategy?

Looking at the current news of the economy and where its headed, I think hard times are ahead. I ask-Whats your exit strategy? Im currently trying to eliminate as much debt, buy discount food (stock up on non-perishables), eat home cooked food more, drive less, learn more in anything worthwhile. I think if the shat hits the fan the prepared will survive better than those that are not. Whats your plan?

Tim 01-26-2009 07:17 PM

Re: Whats your exit strategy?

I cut down on going out and spending money on food. I just buy local stuff from the price club and pack lunches with me. I leave the SVX parked and drive my corolla around. I also try to consolidate trips.

intellibomb 01-26-2009 09:58 PM

im planning to buy a gun... or many... lots of ammo... canned foods. bottled water. a badass garden and a canning operation. lots of chickens.
a huge tank of gas. 4WD.

2012 is coming....

Freeman 01-27-2009 06:25 AM

Plan?

I plan on quitting my current job eventually cause it doesn't pay enough, then going to work for AT&T. After that, continue to ignore most of my bills and spend money on mods for my SVX. Finally I am going to try to pass the police exam and continue on with a careerer in law enforcement.. I'll make regular stops to the fast food value meals and fill up when I go to the gas station. Seems normal to me.. Why exit? lol

Landshark 01-27-2009 08:07 AM

i'm going to put on a tin foil hat, hide in the basement, and listen for anything suspicious (like robots or zombies).

Sov13t 01-27-2009 08:46 AM

Companies and Individuals alike... who did not buy sh*t that they couldn't afford or take risks will be just fine.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/1389/satur...uff#s-p1-st-i0

SilverSpear 01-27-2009 09:23 AM

I will be quitting my current job, partner with a rich Saudi investor and start establishing Coffee Shops throughout the GCC area.

greggbzz 01-28-2009 09:12 AM

Jeezz, I have to stop investing in vodka club and miller lite on the weekends. It's not paying off.

I do plan on opening a savings account.

TomsSVX 01-28-2009 09:28 AM

I am going to curl up in a ball on the basement floor and wait for the sweet embrace of death....

Are you guys serious??? If people who have money to spend would invest it wisely, the economy will turn around... Stacking bills under your mattress every night is not helping anyone

Tom

SilverSpear 01-28-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX (Post 584574)
I am going to curl up in a ball on the basement floor and wait for the sweet embrace of death....

Are you guys serious??? If people who have money to spend would invest it wisely, the economy will turn around... Stacking bills under your mattress every night is not helping anyone

Tom

Well Put!!!

shelfy 01-28-2009 09:38 AM

i'm not going anywhere.

Freeman 01-28-2009 10:16 AM

Very true, stacking bills, that is.. If I had money to pay off my debt(a cell phone bill:rolleyes:) I'd pay it right now.. So I just pay off my medical bills, $150, my loan, $800, my cell phone bills, $300, and pay my rent and now I have to pay the state $157 as well as pay the city $25! Everybody wants money I don't have.. But I still try to pay what I can. I can't wait for my income tax payment.. I wanna get good credit again..

bheinen74 01-28-2009 10:34 AM

would be nice to get a cute female roommate to share the house and some expenses, but they just aren't cute around here.
selling the turbo leg wagon soon i hope.

Landshark 01-28-2009 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freeman (Post 584578)
Very true, stacking bills, that is.. If I had money to pay off my debt(a cell phone bill:rolleyes:) I'd pay it right now.. So I just pay off my medical bills, $150, my loan, $800, my cell phone bills, $300, and pay my rent and now I have to pay the state $157 as well as pay the city $25! Everybody wants money I don't have.. But I still try to pay what I can. I can't wait for my income tax payment.. I wanna get good credit again..

you definitely need an iPhone - your blingy status is dropping.
since you are broke, maybe some expensive wheels for your car as well, yes?

then you can whine about how bad the economy is and ask for a handout.

dcarrb 01-28-2009 11:05 AM

If it's economic calamity you're worried about, the best thing any of us fortunate enough to have a little spending money can do is, spend. But spend wisely, and make a habit of saving all the while. Dire economic forecasts are self-fulfilling: The worse they say things are, the more we all hunker-down with a wad of Benjamins buried in a Mason jar in the back yard, the slower the economy becomes. We'd do well to ignore Madison Avenue and Wall Street; what really fuels our economy is you and me.

This "every man for himself" ideal is nothing new. The moral conundrum during the heyday of fallout shelters: If Civilization hits the fan, would you kill your ill-prepared neighbor to keep him out of yours? (And on the flip side, would you and yours really last long on the smoldering cinder that's left?) The prospect of shooting marauding hoards to keep them out of my subsistence garden (or backyard gasoline tank farm) is at once unrealistic and unthinkable. We have to do better.

dcb