The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Windshield ?s (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48788)

Hondasucks 01-22-2009 10:55 PM

Windshield ?s

So I discovered today that I have a $100 deductible on windshield replacement :D And no deductible for repairs up to $55 (The wife got a rock chip on her way to work today and called...) So I'm getting a new windshield! My question is what color should a pearl have? The ones that come up, according to Novus, are bronze, green, and blue, that are still available... I'm thinkin Bronze sounds the best of the three :P But hey, $100 for a new windshield, can't beat that!

svxcess 01-22-2009 11:40 PM

Re: Windshield: Do the blue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondasucks (Post 583571)
I'm thinkin' Bronze sounds the best of the three :P

Don't do it!

The color of your windshield is blue, P/N 65001PA300. All pearlies in 1992 had the blue glass all around, so replacing it with a bronze color would not match the rest of what you have.

Novus shows bronze for 1992 because the Claret/black cars were the only ones that came with that color glass, even though the interiors were all the same dark gray.

mysvxrocks 01-22-2009 11:56 PM

Re: Windshield ?s

Hes right. It will look bad if you mix the two types. My style... the bronze. I like the way it makes everything look much better than the other colors. But unless you have every other window in that color, stick with the blue.

dcarrb 01-23-2009 06:11 AM

Has your insurance company given you the green light for replacement? Unless it's irreparably cracked, be sure you're covered. To encourage having chips repaired before they ruin the glass, my carrier (Nationwide) will waive the deductible and pay for chip repair. If your insurance company deems your glass repairable they might not spring for replacement.

dcb

Freeman 01-23-2009 07:32 AM

I'm not even sure if my insurance company offers "windshield insurance" so how can I tell?

redlightningsvx 01-23-2009 04:19 PM

Not to burst anybody's bubble but I noticed a small chip/crack in my windshield today after I washed it and immediatly went next door to see how much a Blue windshield was and Subaru DOESN'T HAVE ANY MORE. They only have about 40 green ones and around 20 bronze left in thier warehouses. I'm just going to get A One auto glass to fix it because the crack is like 2 cm big.

benebob 01-23-2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redlightningsvx (Post 583729)
Not to burst anybody's bubble but I noticed a small chip/crack in my windshield today after I washed it and immediatly went next door to see how much a Blue windshield was and Subaru DOESN'T HAVE ANY MORE. They only have about 40 green ones and around 20 bronze left in thier warehouses. I'm just going to get A One auto glass to fix it because the crack is like 2 cm big.

Ah but the insurance company still needs to pay the price of one even if the part isn't available.:D

redlightningsvx 01-23-2009 05:15 PM

True. The colors are priced differently also green Cheap $600, Blue $900, Bronze Crazy expensive over $1,200.

Hondasucks 01-24-2009 01:34 PM

Aight, I will try for blue and if they are in fact out, I guess I'll go for green or bronze :P

Turbone 01-24-2009 10:47 PM

Aftermarket windshields will not have the molding/gasket, only OEM does.
If the installer is real careful, he can remove the old one and reuse it.
I removed the one off my parts car and it took about a 1/2hr with a razor blade.

Hondasucks 01-25-2009 12:32 PM

Yeah, I know the aftermarket ones don't have the molding, which is why I want an OEM one. I'm gonna have my parts guy @ work check for me tomorrow, and yes my insurance approved it, $100 deductible on glass, or free if it can be repaired, up to $55, and Novus told her that a crack up to the length of a dollar bill they can repair.