The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New legacy comercial (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25238)

n00b on demand 03-26-2005 11:27 AM

New legacy comercial

I just saw the best commercial evAr on spike TV. It had all these cars driving...FWD with the front wheels on the ground and the back of the car up in the air and the opposite for RWD....and it said " why have 4 wheel if your not gonna use them"..then the legacy pops out and starts driving. I thought it was very cool.

Weasel 22 03-26-2005 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soobiesvx93
I just saw the best commercial evAr on spike TV. It had all these cars driving...FWD with the front wheels on the ground and the back of the car up in the air and the opposite for RWD....and it said " why have 4 wheel if your not gonna use them"..then the legacy pops out and starts driving. I thought it was very cool.

I love that commercial.. :D

Chiketkd 03-26-2005 12:19 PM

I haven't seen that commercial yet, but I'll look out for it. ;)

-Chike

sharky512345 03-26-2005 12:51 PM

my tv doesn't work so i can't see it.

Shadow248 03-28-2005 01:03 PM

I saw that too. My question - If the RWD cars are "only using two wheels", then how do they turn?

red95svx 03-28-2005 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow248
I saw that too. My question - If the RWD cars are "only using two wheels", then how do they turn?

I believe they are talking about using the wheels to transfer power. In that case, RWD cars are only using two wheels:)

Dave

immortal_suby 03-28-2005 05:01 PM

Quote:

The driver leans. :p

Landshark 03-28-2005 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
The driver leans. :p

no, they wait until it rains or snows, then they can fishtail around. :p :D

Shadow248 03-28-2005 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by red95svx
I believe they are talking about using the wheels to transfer power. In that case, RWD cars are only using two wheels
Well if you want to get that technical...then they should also mention that Subarus don't use all four wheels all of the time (i.e. the 90/10 - 50/50 torque split). ;)

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
no, they wait until it rains or snows, then they can fishtail around.
Ahh...but then RWD cars can only be driven in the rain/snow. Kinda backwards no? :D

Landshark 03-29-2005 04:04 AM

Quote:

Well if you want to get that technical...then they should also mention that Subarus don't use all four wheels all of the time (i.e. the 90/10 - 50/50 torque split). ;)

where we do math, if the wheels are using 10% power, then they're still transferring power. math > you

Quote:

Ahh...but then RWD cars can only be driven in the rain/snow. Kinda backwards no? :D
didn't say they could be driven well. i spun my RWD 3 times and almost went over an embankment in an unexpected snowstorm on the way to purchase my SVX. i'll stick with AWD, thanks.

Shadow248 03-29-2005 10:41 AM

Quote:

where we do math, if the wheels are using 10% power, then they're still transferring power. math > you
Yes, of course. 23hp to the rear wheels. Wow what a technical breeakthrough. :rolleyes:

you > everyone

Quote:

didn't say they could be driven well. i spun my RWD 3 times and almost went over an embankment in an unexpected snowstorm on the way to purchase my SVX. i'll stick with AWD, thanks.
But for those of us who can drive, RWD is generally of little concern.

:D RWD > you :D

NapaBavarian 03-29-2005 11:02 AM

Quote:

The steering wheel turns the front, the throttle turns the rear :D

Landshark 03-29-2005 01:44 PM

Quote:

Yes, of course. 23hp to the rear wheels. Wow what a technical breeakthrough. :rolleyes:

that's until its needed, Einstein. its not a Haldex system. you're still wrong, sorry.

Quote:

you > everyone
nah, just me > you

Quote:

But for those of us who can drive, RWD is generally of little concern.

:D RWD > you :D
i can drive just fine, but a freak snowstorm in mid-April in RWD on a mountain road on big wide summer tires will mess anyone up (i was going about 15-20mph.)

since you have teh mad driving skiLLz, i'm sure you use the WS6 (which is fastAr) all winter long for your daily commutes. :D :D :D

Shadow248 03-29-2005 08:58 PM

Quote:

nah, just me > you
HAHA...that's not saying much.

Educated monkey > me

Quote:

since you have teh mad driving skiLLz, i'm sure you use the WS6 (which is fastAr) all winter long for your daily commutes.
I'm too much of a pansy. I got caught in a storm this season and i really had no problems. Even had to climb a fairly steep completely snow covered hill...complete with my 275/40ZR17 F1's. Made it. Drove 15mph the rest of the way home...because the sound of salt (water) splashing my car makes me cry. :mad: