The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   O/T Friend's new Scion xB arrived this morning (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11567)

benebob 06-24-2003 09:44 AM

O/T Friend's new Scion xB arrived this morning

Just got back in from looking at the Scion xB (the boxy one) that my friend had shipped in from San Francisco. The interior is huge! More shoulder, knee and foot room than any SUV type vehicle I've ever been in and of course working for an auction I get to drive a lot of vehicles. Its definately a love it/hate it styling wise but at least it doesn't look like everything else on the road. Curiously the driverside power window control thing looks very similar to the SVX control I may have to investigate that one further. All said if I had no more than $15000 and wanted a brand new car this would be on the top of the list. Of course I'd never buy anything that didn't have a some stars on it.:D

Mr. Pockets 06-24-2003 10:04 AM

Re: O/T Friend's new Scion xB arrived this morning

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
Just got back in from looking at the Scion xB (the boxy one) that my friend had shipped in from San Francisco. The interior is huge! More shoulder, knee and foot room than any SUV type vehicle I've ever been in and of course working for an auction I get to drive a lot of vehicles. Its definately a love it/hate it styling wise but at least it doesn't look like everything else on the road. Curiously the driverside power window control thing looks very similar to the SVX control I may have to investigate that one further. All said if I had no more than $15000 and wanted a brand new car this would be on the top of the list. Of course I'd never buy anything that didn't have a some stars on it.:D
I saw the SCions at the NAIAS in January, and I thought they were very cool.

The window switch thing doesn't surprise me at all. Japanese manufacturers (probably much like US manufacturers) all share stuff like that because those parts are made by companies like Denso and Calsonic, which supply everybody.

benebob 06-24-2003 10:50 AM

Re: Re: O/T Friend's new Scion xB arrived this morning

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I saw the SCions at the NAIAS in January, and I thought they were very cool.

The window switch thing doesn't surprise me at all. Japanese manufacturers (probably much like US manufacturers) all share stuff like that because those parts are made by companies like Denso and Calsonic, which supply everybody.

Yeah they definately do their share of parts swaping. I'm just wondering if I can see if this one will replace the SVX one as I'm sure it'll be 1/3 of the price.

nordique14 06-24-2003 06:48 PM

The xA and xB are based on the Toyota Yaris (aka Toyoto Echo). Not that quick, very reliable car. The new Echo that goes on sale next year looks great. Much better than the current model. Also the new Prius looks really sharp (almost sporty).

Matt

benebob 06-25-2003 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by nordique14
The xA and xB are based on the Toyota Yaris (aka Toyoto Echo). Not that quick, very reliable car. The new Echo that goes on sale next year looks great. Much better than the current model. Also the new Prius looks really sharp (almost sporty).

Matt

Not that quick? Tests for the xB are 0-60 in about 9 seconds. It'll blow the doors of any of the Echo's competition. Accent, Base Jetta, Spectra, base Neon Saturn, Rob's SVX. What do you expect for a vehicle that has more passenger room than a Ford Exploder, 2 cubic feet less of cargo room than the Exploder and for a nicely loaded one, PW, PDL, 6 Disc Changer, AC, rear spoiler, traction control, abs, neon accent lights, lighted cup holder:D for the tidy delivered price of $15,700?

Alcyone SVX LSL 06-26-2003 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob

It'll blow the doors of any of the Echo's competition. Accent, Base Jetta, Spectra, base Neon Saturn, Rob's SVX.

LOL...this is one little joke that has spread like wild fire:D :D
Good going guys:p :eek:

NomadTW 06-26-2003 01:19 PM

9s 0-60 is not fast

my obs that ran an estimated 21second 1/4 mile got 9s 0-60....

that is by no means fast at all

it's no dodge aries....