The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ontario (Canada) Sighting Thread (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42052)

robyo23 11-27-2007 09:47 AM

Ontario (Canada) Sighting Thread

Well since Colorado Seems to be so active - I decided to start one of our own :).

I'm from Kitchener and well most of the ones I've seen were also around here - Just curious how many of us are on the forums.

Last week I saw a Red SVX looking really good turning in front of Princess Auto paralled to the 401 in Kitchener.

Also I saw the front of a Pearly travelling on Victoria and Fischer/hallman - once again in Kitchener.

Unfortunantly thats all I've seen this year so far :( Is it anybody on here?

I know Ontario covers alot of area, but I figured there aren't too many here anyway.

Cheers:ninja:

Subie59 11-27-2007 09:53 AM

I'm in Hamilton and almost never see any SVX's. The only one I've seen this summer was a 92 Teal from a young fellow named Niko who was on this list but does not seem to be very active. I think he is more into WRXs than SVXs....

redsvx 11-27-2007 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robyo23 (Post 511441)
Well since Colorado Seems to be so active - I decided to start one of our own :).
Last week I saw a Red SVX looking really good turning in front of Princess Auto parallel to the 401 in Kitchener.

Also I saw the front of a Pearly traveling on Victoria and Fischer/Hallman - once again in Kitchener.
Cheers:ninja:

I'm in Paris
I think I know the red one. It is in Cambridge
I met the guy at a Subaru meet in Oakville
He is not on the forums. It was a cast off from his brother in law
He painted it bright red just this summer.

The Pearlie belongs to another guy I met while buying some Legacy parts.
I think he has two.

There is a Teal in Brantford I see all the time but I haven't met the guy yet. :)

Crazy_pilot 11-27-2007 08:09 PM

In Ottawa, besides me, there's a red 94 with a 5-speed and custom exhaust, at least one other black one, a polo in a scrap yard, a polo on the road, and maybe a pearly somewhere.

laserx 11-28-2007 09:08 AM

I'm can still be seen driving my pearly around the GTA. Don't see too many other SVX's around, maybe once every two months I'll see the same teal or black or pearly. Sighting are getting to be fewer and fewer every year.

BenSVX 11-28-2007 09:33 AM

I have seen a few around the London area, especially a well kept red one in the suburb of Kilworth.

A guy also left me a note on my dash in a parking lot saying he has a teal one and that mine looks great. Other than that, not much - especially West of London, I haven't seen *any*.

The Windsor police pulled over my girlfriend last year - their reason - "we haven't seen a car like this in this city before, wondering what you're doing here" - great work, detective.

My current and second SVX, which I'm getting this weekend from the GTA, are American models as well - in miles instead of km. So, even less "Canadian" originals seem to be around now (with those great heated seats!)

robyo23 11-28-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laserx (Post 511659)
I'm can still be seen driving my pearly around the GTA. Don't see too many other SVX's around, maybe once every two months I'll see the same teal or black or pearly. Sighting are getting to be fewer and fewer every year.

Oh another pearly :) nice.

From London to Toronto there seems to be a decent number around though. Unfortunantly not everyone is active or I'm sure we'd all see and hear from more of them.

I know there is a modded custom orange/rusty coloured one around - seen it on Autotrader a while back and it DID sell. Had shaved door handles tint - looked really sharp.

Quote:

Heated Seats
What really? That would be nice! I have a Canadian one - Sold in Oakville Subaru! But no heated seats...

Subie59 11-28-2007 10:06 AM

heated seats

Yea I have had to use them almost every day lately. my butt thanks me....

Crazy_pilot 11-28-2007 07:51 PM

I think the heated seats were a 94+ option. Where is the switch for it?

BenSVX 11-29-2007 09:18 AM

If I recall my Dad's old (new then!) SVX, it was where our coin tray is, just right of the steering wheel.

redsvx 11-29-2007 07:00 PM

I've got the heated seats in the 94! :D
But I'm not driving it in the winter. Too much salt around here. :mad:
I've picked up a 97 outback for the beater ... hmmm come to think of it it has heated seats!! :lol: