The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   SVXers on the route home? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26435)

Canuck 05-26-2005 12:35 PM

SVXers on the route home?

Hey gang,
I'm planning to pick up my second SVX in the middle of June. (93 Anniversary Edition) It's in Moosic, PA and I'm going home to Regina SK Canada. I'l be going through PA, IL, WI, MN, ND and Manitoba. Run Moosic to Regina through MapQuest to see the route. I'd love to know which members are along the route in case I need a break for coffee.

My wife is planning on comming with me. We're looking forward to cruising down the interstate in the warm summer evenings with the top down.

Earthworm 05-26-2005 12:50 PM

Me...but you knew that already :p

drivemusicnow 05-26-2005 12:54 PM

what highways through IL are you taking? Maybe we could do a little midwest meet on your way through? (it is kind of in the middle of the trip right?)

Canuck 05-26-2005 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
Me...but you knew that already :p

Yup,
I thought Winnipeg would be a nice stop before the last leg home.

Canuck 05-26-2005 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drivemusicnow
what highways through IL are you taking? Maybe we could do a little midwest meet on your way through? (it is kind of in the middle of the trip right?)

Now THAT would be cool. According to MapQuest, I'll be spending a lot of time on the I80, I94 and I90. I have a GPS unit at home that I'll have to run the route through and see if it comes up with anything different.

My wife likes to stop and shop and it would be gret if I could meet and chat with other members while I'm waiting for her to spend all our money.

Dza 05-26-2005 01:25 PM

I guess technically I'm on your route, heh. Glad #1 is good, and I'm happy that #2 is ready to bring up here. I'll PM you when I get mine past inspections and plated and all. Coffee sounds like a plan, but how will you drive both for me to check out? ;)

Edit: we can park 'em Red-White-Red and have a Canadian flag of SVXs!

Hocrest 05-26-2005 01:31 PM

I'm not "along" your route, but right at the Start of it. :D

Let me know when you're going to be around. Need a ride from the airport? Need help getting the car ready for the trip?

Talk to you soon.

Canuck 05-26-2005 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dza
I guess technically I'm on your route, heh. Glad #1 is good, and I'm happy that #2 is ready to bring up here. I'll PM you when I get mine past inspections and plated and all. Coffee sounds like a plan, but how will you drive both for me to check out? ;)

Edit: we can park 'em Red-White-Red and have a Canadian flag of SVXs!

Yea, I like the flag idea, I can super-impose some graphics and we'll make cool wallpaper for the 3 cars in the Regina (or Saskatchewan?) SVX club. Maybe you'll have to take a run out to Emerald Park if we want them together.

I know how you feel. As Tom Petty once sang "The waiting is the hardest part."

Canuck 05-26-2005 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest
I'm not "along" your route, but right at the Start of it. :D

Let me know when you're going to be around. Need a ride from the airport? Need help getting the car ready for the trip?

Talk to you soon.

We'll actually be flying into Allentown. Then we'll need to either get to Moosic or convince the Dealer to pick us up or drop the car off there.

Are you in that neck-of-the-woods?

Rotorflyr 05-26-2005 01:59 PM

Im in OH, south of 80, towards Akron, so not really "on" your route, but not all that far from it either..... :p

Hocrest 05-26-2005 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck
Are you in that neck-of-the-woods?

Yep... All of that is good... Depending on the schedule, if you need a ride from ABE to Moosic, that isn't a problem.

Just let me know the details and depending on Work :( and the Racing Schedule :D I'll help ya out anyway I can.

Canuck 05-26-2005 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest
Yep... All of that is good... Depending on the schedule, if you need a ride from ABE to Moosic, that isn't a problem.

Just let me know the details and depending on Work :( and the Racing Schedule :D I'll help ya out anyway I can.

Thanks, I'll keep you advised as I get closer to the date.

RJ