The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   '91 keyless entry remote? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20255)

nismo887 07-27-2004 09:45 PM

'91 keyless entry remote?

i bought a '92 svx ls-l, but it did not come with a keyless entry fob. i asked the dealer, and they said that i can't get one. i am wondering if there is anyway that i could come by one?:confused:

shelfy 07-27-2004 09:49 PM

i believe an LS-L came standard with keyless entry. you should be able to buy any svx remote and program it with your security system. programming instructions were included with the owner's manual.

ensteele 07-27-2004 11:02 PM

You can still buy them from some of the dealers. Subaruparts.com have them and they are arond $55. I just saw one on ebay for that price and it was a buy it now. If you have problems, post again and I will try to help you. :)

nismo887 07-28-2004 09:37 AM

i don't have the owner's manual, as i just bought the car from a dealer, and they got it from an auction. is there any place online where i can find how to program one? also: am i able to use any year and any remote for my '92? or do i have to get a '92 fob?

SubaruPartsGirl 07-28-2004 10:26 AM

Transmitter

All SVX's take the same transmitter...

SOA386R317 - $47.96

There are 93 available in the country, so ordering would not be a problem.

1992 SVX Owners Manual - $3.60

I show 150 in the country so it also would not be a problem to order.

Thanks,
Jackie

ensteele 07-28-2004 10:43 AM

For directions on programing the remote, go here, and scroll to the bottom of the information and you will get to the instructions. I will put them into the How-To Documents as well. :) Good luck. :)

ensteele 07-29-2004 02:23 PM

Ooooops. What I linked you to is the operation of the Security system. That is not what you wanted. I am going to post how to program the system in the How-To right now. Sorry and I hope you find this now. :) I will post it under Security system.

ensteele 07-29-2004 02:42 PM

Here is a direct link to the How-To. Here

yellowledbetter 08-04-2004 08:45 PM

i've been wondering about this myself. My svx didn't come with the remote either. I had been thinking about putting in a new alarm system, but if the one it already has works well i might as well use that. How would one know if the security system they have works though?

Hocrest 08-04-2004 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by yellowledbetter
How would one know if the security system they have works though?
I met up with another SVXer and programmed my car to his remote. Then tested it out and made sure that everything worked. After knowing that it worked, I bought a remote and all is well.

Thinking about it now, I'm guessing that Steve could still open my SVX if he wanted...

yellowledbetter 08-04-2004 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hocrest

I met up with another SVXer and programmed my car to his remote. Then tested it out and made sure that everything worked. After knowing that it worked, I bought a remote and all is well.

Thinking about it now, I'm guessing that Steve could still open my SVX if he wanted...

well that stinks. I've seen exactly ONE other svx in my general vicinity, and i doubt a complete stranger will take kindly to me asking them if i could borrow their remote. I guess i could always call up my uncle and have him ship me out his.

If all the bells and whistles, the alarm, the securty lights, the horns, all work WITHOUT the remote, is that a pretty good indicator that everything is in pretty good shape?

SSSVX 08-04-2004 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by yellowledbetter

well that stinks. I've seen exactly ONE other svx in my general vicinity, and i doubt a complete stranger will take kindly to me asking them if i could borrow their remote. I guess i could always call up my uncle and have him ship me out his.

If all the bells and whistles, the alarm, the securty lights, the horns, all work WITHOUT the remote, is that a pretty good indicator that everything is in pretty good shape?

If you both can communicate, why not? :p

I personally think so. :) If the security is on, if you use the key locked the doors, the alarm will be activated in a short while and u can see the lights blinks.

I think most likely yes. But that's my case.

NikFu S. 08-05-2004 01:09 AM

Re: Transmitter

Quote:

Originally posted by SubaruPartsGirl
All SVX's take the same transmitter...
SOA386R317 - $47.96
There are 93 available in the country, so ordering would not be a problem.
1992 SVX Owners Manual - $3.60
I show 150 in the country so it also would not be a problem to order.
Thanks,
Jackie

How many engine bay skid guards are in the country?:D
My Subaru said they aren't available anymore and I think I need one.:(

SubaruPartsGirl 08-05-2004 10:34 AM

Re: Re: Transmitter

Quote:

Originally posted by NikFu S.

How many engine bay skid guards are in the country?:D
My Subaru said they aren't available anymore and I think I need one.:(

You are talking about the cover that goes under the engine to protect it from road hazzards correct?

You know, I think it is sad that you guys get so many wrong answers just because people aren't willing to do the research it takes to find some of these old parts sometimes...

Engine Under Cover - 56410PA001 - $153.98
Bolts - 047406167 - $1.39/ea (takes 7)

There are 10 under covers in the country.

Parts Bulletin:

UNDER COVER

1992 - 1994 SVX CATALOG (EAU105)

FIGURE 570-A, ITEM NUMBER 1

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT PART NUMBER 56410PA001 (F UNDER COVER) CAN BE USED AS SUBSTITUTE FOR PART NUMBER 56410PA000. THE PARTS ONLY DIFFER WITH RESPECT TO
THE BOLTS USED TO FASTEN THE UNDERCOVER.

THEREFORE, WHEN USING PART NUMBER 56410PA001 IN PLACE OF PART NUMBER 56410PA00 PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU USE THE PROPER BOLT, PART NUMBER 047406167.

Thanks,
Jackie

yellowledbetter 08-12-2004 10:28 PM

so i ordered one of these remotes from subaruparts.com on Monday with 2 day shipping, but i still haven't gotten a confirm email. any reason to worry? The site said it was in stock.