The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   For everyone with too many SVXs, or cars in general, where, how do you store them? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43012)

NapaBavarian 01-28-2008 04:41 PM

For everyone with too many SVXs, or cars in general, where, how do you store them?

I'm trying to figure out how I'll pull this off, and I don't know yet! I have arround a dozen BMWs that I'd like to keep, 6 trucks, too many trailers, a couple tractors, a couple Vanagons, some misc vehicles (Trans AM GTA, Golf GTI, Fiat 124, 1.8 SVXs, and probably some others) and I'm thinking of erecting a pole barn (or two?) to store these in, I'd also like to add a German Market BMW or two, a Porsche, another motorcycle (plural?), and a couple more SVXs to the collection.

Right now I have them in some old pole barns, but the property belongs to family and I made a big mistake, I like to get things done, everyone else likes to blame, fight, and argue whenever something is getting done, it is bizare! So, given the price difference between Napa Valley ($300,000-500,000 for a vacant city lot :eek: ) and a the county 90 minutes to the north ($20,000-75,000 for an acre+) I'm thinking of buying and building a cabin/garage where I can get things done behind their backs :lol: and store some cars/trucks, ect.

Most of the cars need work now, but I'd like to get them into at least presentable running condition, even if they arn't used on the street, I'd like a weatherproof building that is affordable to build, and those prefab buildings are way too expensive.

Does anyone have ideas beyond a pole barn, or more input on a pole barn? Perhaps some pictures of what you have?

ensteele 01-28-2008 06:12 PM

Is there such a thing as too many SVXs? :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, it hit me that way too. :lol: :lol:

NapaBavarian 01-28-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 524090)
Is there such a thing as too many SVXs? :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, it hit me that way too. :lol: :lol:

I used to say the same thing about beer :lol: but at least with SVXs you can keep your liver :D

NapaBavarian 01-28-2008 06:24 PM

Hey Earl- Did you live in Everett at one point, or do I have you mixed up with someone else?

ensteele 01-28-2008 07:54 PM

Mix up. I have been here since 76. :)

maxg765 01-28-2008 08:27 PM

Too many

And I thought I had problems with my 5 cars.
One in mother in laws garage
Two in my garage
Two (daily drives) in my drive way

Wife wants to kill me as she wants the garage during the winter months not to have to get in and out of a cold car, the problem is they need storing in teh winter not the summer months....

Mother in law wants her garage back....

Now the Subi is on the way. I am out of in-laws and possible space. Something will have to go.

Max

NapaBavarian 01-28-2008 08:53 PM

It really isn't a problem as I'm single :lol: just something to work arround ;)

I'm curious to see Earls solution :)

Crazy_pilot 01-28-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NapaBavarian (Post 524131)
It really isn't a problem as I'm single :lol: just something to work arround ;)

I'm curious to see Earls solution :)

I've heard it involves a barn.:rolleyes:

I have trouble getting by with the SVX, Taurus, and two Foresters. We have a two car garage and two car driveway (side by side). The problem is, all 4 are daily drivers. One Forester leaves early, then me in the SVX, then my brother in the Taurus, then the other Forester. And we all come home in roughly the same order, so parking never really works without someone having to re-arrange the cars every night. And since I don't let anyone drive the SVX...

Normally the Taurus just lives on the street in front of the house.

bwb3 01-29-2008 07:43 AM

You could do what the Air Force does and buy a piece of property in Tucson, Arizona. Then you don't have to build anything. :)
Gene
[IMG]http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/e...r/boneyard.jpg[/IMG]

BenSVX 01-29-2008 07:53 AM

Luckily my Dad has a barn at his place in the country and doesn't mind me storing there (when there's room). Right now he has an Alfa Romeo, a Fiat Spider, Boxster S, and one of my (for sale) SVXi in storage for the winter. Not to mention the sled and the "winterized" golf cart. Hmmm...think he'll let a 26 year old move back in with him? :p

SVXyGirl 01-29-2008 07:59 AM

The two cars that aren't on the road (Cadillac and Green SVX) are being stored on my grandparents farm. They are in a huge garage filled with antique tractors and other stuff.

ARED 97 01-29-2008 05:15 PM

We keep 4 in the heated humidity controlled basement,:D 3 in the heated garage :D and the Marquis outside in the driveway!!!!!!:eek:

NapaBavarian 01-29-2008 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARED 97 (Post 524303)
We keep 4 in the heated humidity controlled basement,:D 3 in the heated garage :D and the Marquis outside in the driveway!!!!!!:eek:

:confused: that's 8, you got a secret car not in your sig? :lol: This could be a problem, it looks like baby I'll need to draw the line at 18 cars :( and a few trucks :lol: whatever I already have :rolleyes:

I went out back and counted, and only counting mine, not other peoples...

I included cars, trucks, trailers, tractors, and motorcycles, but not bicycles...

I got ketchup! :lol:

ARED 97 01-29-2008 08:24 PM

Thought someone might add them up :p, not a secret car, just a complete parts car for the 63 P1800S which isn't in my sig. as it is not a driver. :banana:Still got room for that elusive 97 Bordeaux too!!!! :banana: :D

NapaBavarian 01-29-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenSVX (Post 524213)
Luckily my Dad has a barn at his place in the country and doesn't mind me storing there (when there's room). Right now he has an Alfa Romeo, a Fiat Spider, Boxster S, and one of my (for sale) SVXi in storage for the winter. Not to mention the sled and the "winterized" golf cart. Hmmm...think he'll let a 26 year old move back in with him? :p

I don't know about your family, but I'm 29 and the bigest issue I have with my paernts is that they want me to move back in with them, perhaps if I figure out what causes this I'll pass it on to you :lol:

Not gonna happen :D