The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Southeast Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Dragon Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42843)

huck369 01-17-2008 08:14 PM

Dragon Meet

Well boys and girls
I thought I'd post up some info on the 2008 Alcyone Dragon Meet

It will again be held at Fontana Village Resort on June 26th-29th

Reservations can be made at: 800.849.2258

It's always a very "informal meet" more about the people than anything else.
Usually some driving, bench racing, picture taking, bench racing, cookout, bench racing,...(see a pattern forming?:lol:)

I think that everyone that attends always leaves with lots of great memories, and several new friends!

So come on out!!

Be sure to post if you plan on attending....

I'll try to post more as I can....

And copied from the XT6 site..

"Quote"
The GOOD news is that we are getting the "dragon slayer" discount, which is 15% off any cabin and 25% off any room. Just mention that you are with the Subaru Alcyone group and ask for the "dragon slayer" discount when you reserve your room/cabin/campsite. The discount is good for ANY room/cabin, even those not on reserve for us, and even after the reserve date is up.

The thing to do at this point would be to call and make a reservation if you plan on going, even if you want something that is not available. There are 85 rooms at the lodge on reserve for the Solstice/Sky group until May 1st, and I was told that they have very little chance of actually filling them. That means that if you reserved a dogwood cabin now and called on May 1st you could switch your reservation from the cabin to the room and still get the discount. That way, if all else fails you will still have the dogwood and you aren't left out in the cold. The same goes for those of you wanting Laurels cabins. If you want one of those, call group sales and ask for the date that they come off reserve so you know when to switch.

RSVX 01-17-2008 08:29 PM

<-- Tentative, sans SVX

huck369 01-18-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 521915)
<-- Tentative, sans SVX

Cool Beans:cool:

...but why no SVX?:confused:

GreenMarine 01-18-2008 10:42 AM

Won't be there... Hell, I'm not even going to the NASIOC one this year... Planning on staying in Raleigh and taking a full load in school over the summer... Maybe after I graduate I can hit more Subaru meets :)

~ Chris

trueblue 01-18-2008 12:09 PM

Hello Huck

Good to type at you again.
If I live and nothing happens:confused: I will be there this year, it was great fun last year.

trueblue

huck369 01-18-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue (Post 522029)
Hello Huck

If I live and nothing happens:confused: I will be there this year, it was great fun last year.

trueblue

Cool Beans!
You can always haul your bike up too;)

RSVX 01-18-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huck369 (Post 521994)
Cool Beans:cool:

...but why no SVX?:confused:

Immortal and I adjusted the brake band a long time ago, and about a week after it running wonderfully it decided that 2nd and 4th weren't gears that it wanted to use anymore. So I got it home that day, parked it, and thats where its been ever since.

Has to have been at least a year or more that its sat there now.

huck369 01-18-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSVX (Post 522108)
Immortal and I adjusted the brake band a long time ago, and about a week after it running wonderfully it decided that 2nd and 4th weren't gears that it wanted to use anymore. So I got it home that day, parked it, and thats where its been ever since.

Has to have been at least a year or more that its sat there now.

that sucks... (shows how much attention I pay:rolleyes:)

Moody 01-18-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue (Post 522029)
Hello Huck

trueblue

You will have competition for the "most beautiful Alcyone" award this year, as I will be driving Black Molly down. :)

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...lly/Molly2.jpg

trueblue 01-22-2008 12:26 PM

Wow

Black molly is gorgeous. Did the XT come in black when they were sold as new cars?

Trueblue

huck369 01-22-2008 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue (Post 522840)
Wow

Black molly is gorgeous. Did the XT come in black when they were sold as new cars?

Trueblue

Yep...my first XT6 was a black 88 AWD 4EAT....

Wikedjuggalo 01-22-2008 12:49 PM

I'd love to go I'm even in NC and its not that far of a drive. But my SVX is FWD :( so the driving wouldn't be as much fun as you AWD guys ^^ but I still wanna pop out there.

huck369 01-22-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 522850)
I'd love to go I'm even in NC and its not that far of a drive. But my SVX is FWD :( so the driving wouldn't be as much fun as you AWD guys ^^ but I still wanna pop out there.

My SVX was a RWD 5-Speed at last years Dragon Meet:D...and we always have a few FWD's there, you'll have fun no matter what you show up in...:cool:

Hocrest 01-22-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo (Post 522850)

You need to come up. How far are you?

It's more about the meet than high speed driving. Especially if the Cop's are going to be Nazi-ish again this year.

Wikedjuggalo 01-22-2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hocrest (Post 522950)
You need to come up. How far are you?

It's more about the meet than high speed driving. Especially if the Cop's are going to be Nazi-ish again this year.

I live in Fayetteville or Fort Bragg NC. I know boone is about a 4 hour drive I think.. maybe 5. I'd love to come ^^ but i can't commit atm I'll have to wait and see how my schedule looks. I wasn't planning on driving fast ^^.
I will be driving AJ4U2's 94 I purchased from him this year. He attended a Dragon meet if I believe right.