The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Where/how do I donate money to the forum? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=36805)

Ricochet 01-04-2007 10:10 AM

Where/how do I donate money to the forum?

Without this forum my car would be left to rot without a transmission. I would like to donate a small token of my appreciation.

svxcess 01-04-2007 12:00 PM

Look here:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/faq.php

Snail Mail address for checks and money orders, plus a Paypal address

Ricochet 01-04-2007 12:09 PM

Cool.
That being said, I would like to encourage other members to do the same. I know the forum I help moderate isn't cheap.. if every person on there donated a measily $5 it would all add up.

Crazy_pilot 01-04-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricochet
Cool.
That being said, I would like to encourage other members to do the same. I know the forum I help moderate isn't cheap.. if every person on there donated a measily $5 it would all add up.

Yup, $25,000 would keep things rolling for a little while:D. Kidding. Once I get my paypal set up and verified I'll fire a late Christmas present to the Network.

bwb3 01-05-2007 07:52 AM

Contribution PayPal'd:)

Chris 01-06-2007 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
Look here:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/faq.php

Snail Mail address for checks and money orders, plus a Paypal address

Woa....... Just give me one last week. I promise!!
I just got paid.. I need to buy one last piece of software so I can track this from a possible legal and or taxes standpoint. We do not have a 501c nor an LLC set up and I do not want to get crazy until I have the padded cell and straight jacket ready! :D

I hope to be more prepared by Wednesday the 10th. Give me until that evening to provide a post on my readiness. THEN, if you see nothing from me, go a head and ride my ***** about it. :eek:

And if I have all my quarters stacked right, I have all the information required from the people that have fired the paypal shots off already.

This indeed is coming at a good time because the server is just about to retirement. Can you believe that come the end of February it will be SIX YEARS!?

(note to the naysayers that thought I could not do "this" back in the Yahoo MSG 40 bug era... Look out, I am buying pies!)

ensteele 01-06-2007 10:44 AM

Good to hear it Chris. :) :)

Trevor 01-06-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris
Woa.......
so I can track this from a possible legal and or taxes standpoint.

This indeed is coming at a good time because the server is just about to retirement. Can you believe that come the end of February it will be SIX YEARS!?

(note to the naysayers that thought I could not do "this" back in the Yahoo MSG 40 bug era... Look out, I am buying pies!)

Chris, You give the clue that you are on the ball.

I sincerely hope that you can set of some sort of non profit organization, so as to satisfy and keep the taxmen at bay. In any event, keep your nose clean, anything else is not worth the risk and members must be prepared, if necessary, to make up the difference.

The patience of all in this regard will be rewarded.

SomethingElse 01-06-2007 05:03 PM

$$

wow history the making:D It wont be hard to shovel 5 bux over...

Trevor 01-06-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SomethingElse
wow history the making:D It wont be hard to shovel 5 bux over...

On the basis of the wealth so obviously displayed here, say $50, should be the minimum in order to be recorded as being officially recognised as a donor, as has been suggested.

Chris 01-06-2007 05:16 PM

Well, to be honest, I want to set it up as a 501c. This would allow us to provide papers to companies, users, and such that donate money, equipment, tools and parts to be raffled, and such. But sadly, this costs a lot of money and normally requires set up by an attorney.

We will likely go the route of a LLC. The forums will remain free, but we will add some related services that people would pay small amounts for. The payments would change peoples status on the forums to "donating member" and minor services would be provided to them to use if they chose to do so. Services like email with our domain name, and web hosting.

We could easily track money through the system with something as small as Quickbooks. It would also make reports easy for tax purposes and such.

Trevor 01-06-2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Well, to be honest, I want to set it up as a 501c. This would allow us to provide papers to companies, users, and such that donate money, equipment, tools and parts to be raffled, and such. But sadly, this costs a lot of money and normally requires set up by an attorney.

We will likely go the route of a LLC. The forums will remain free, but we will add some related services that people would pay small amounts for. The payments would change peoples status on the forums to "donating member" and minor services would be provided to them to use if they chose to do so. Services like email with our domain name, and web hosting.

We could easily track money through the system with something as small as Quickbooks. It would also make reports easy for tax purposes and such.

Chris what a bummer,

Way down here you could register as a non profit organisation, e.g. an amateur club, without incurring too much expense. Maybe you should operate from offshore. :confused: :) How do small clubs get on up there? Surely the is a member here with a legal background who can come to the party. Shout out loud, you have the means.:eek:

Chris 01-07-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor
Chris what a bummer,

Way down here you could register as a non profit organisation, e.g. an amateur club, without incurring too much expense. Maybe you should operate from offshore. :confused: :) How do small clubs get on up there? Surely the is a member here with a legal background who can come to the party. Shout out loud, you have the means.:eek:

Well, way down there, the 501c status of non-profit.... well... its a US thing for tax purposed. I do not think the US Internal Revenue Service will recognize non-profit status in New Zealand. If we operated there, I am sure it sounds to be easier. But once the funds come back to the US to pay for services here, the status goes out the window. Sounds cool though. ;)

Trevor 01-08-2007 01:56 AM

Quote:

Well, way down there, the 501c status of non-profit.... well... its a US thing for tax purposed. I do not think the US Internal Revenue Service will recognize non-profit status in New Zealand. If we operated there, I am sure it sounds to be easier. But once the funds come back to the US to pay for services here, the status goes out the window. Sounds cool though. ;)

I think they call it gold panning, or is it money laundering ? :confused: :p

SomethingElse 01-12-2007 04:56 AM

bummer...I thought more people would have jumped on the bandwagon:(