The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Factory floor mats: small stash found (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25973)

svxcess 05-04-2005 04:00 PM

Factory floor mats: small stash found

True to my sv-xcessive roots, and through some exhaustive research, I was able to stumble onto a small stash of new factory floormats. Currently this Subaru dealer has access to 6 sets of beige mats and only 2 sets of the gray ones.

With all of the demand for these, there is not going to be any fair way of offering these here. I thought that the first 7 or 8 members to PM me would get the preference, but that would not be fair to those unfortunate enough not to be on the board when this was posted. I could also have hoarded the entire stash and put them on ebay and make a nice profit. (not my nature; I once bought 6 sets of gray ones and sold them at Reading for what they cost me)

This seems to be the fairest way:

Tomorrow, after double-checking my source again, I will post the name of the dealer, the parts person and the part numbers. It would then be your responsibility to contact them and arrange for payment and shipping. This way I am not forced to make choices.

SVXer95 05-04-2005 04:39 PM

Do you know how much they are asking for the mats?

michael 05-04-2005 05:22 PM

How about we write an essay about how bad we want them :rolleyes: :D

Earthworm 05-04-2005 06:31 PM

I would say make it a draw.

SVXer95 05-04-2005 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earthworm
I would say make it a draw.

I'm in.

Ron Mummert 05-04-2005 07:15 PM

I could also have hoarded the entire stash and put them on ebay and make a nice profit. (not my nature; I once bought 6 sets of gray ones and sold them at Reading for what they cost me)

Wait, John! I have a MUCH fairer way (at least for me).
Ripimoff Industries offers to buy'em all at A DOLLAR OVER INVOICE!!!
That's right - 8 sets o' mats will give you an EIGHT DOLLAR profit!
Now you can turn around & order a set o' genuine GIUGIARO decals from the other John, & have a buck left over to buy a nice lunch at Costco.
Ripimoff will then afix a genuine "Made in occupied Iraq" sticker to the mats, & sell them next year at Reading, for a humong....I mean a humanitarian mark-up with all profits going to one of my favorite off-shore charities.
So hurry & PM me the dealer's number before other pretenders in here snap'm up, & ruin'em with spilled fries, ketchup & dog drool. (Oh, the humanity!!!)

I'm sure you'll feel better now.

Ron (CEO, COO & CFO Ripimoff LTD, LLC, PA).

svxcess 05-04-2005 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SVXer95
Do you know how much they are asking for the mats?

About $80.00 for a set of 4. Not sure about shipping costs as they are dependent on distance. Will try to get more clarification tomorrow.

fl_svx 05-04-2005 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
About $80.00 for a set of 4. Not sure about shipping costs as they are dependent on distance. Will try to get more clarification tomorrow.

Okay, you told us about the mats, now tell us about the stash :rolleyes:

fl_svx 05-04-2005 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Mummert
I could also have hoarded the entire stash and put them on ebay and make a nice profit. (not my nature; I once bought 6 sets of gray ones and sold them at Reading for what they cost me)

Wait, John! I have a MUCH fairer way (at least for me).
Ripimoff Industries offers to buy'em all at A DOLLAR OVER INVOICE!!!
That's right - 8 sets o' mats will give you an EIGHT DOLLAR profit!
Now you can turn around & order a set o' genuine GIUGIARO decals from the other John, & have a buck left over to buy a nice lunch at Costco.
Ripimoff will then afix a genuine "Made in occupied Iraq" sticker to the mats, & sell them next year at Reading, for a humong....I mean a humanitarian mark-up with all profits going to one of my favorite off-shore charities.
So hurry & PM me the dealer's number before other pretenders in here snap'm up, & ruin'em with spilled fries, ketchup & dog drool. (Oh, the humanity!!!)

I'm sure you'll feel better now.

Ron (CEO, COO & CFO Ripimoff LTD, LLC, PA).

I can make the "Made in Occupied Iraq" sticker. :eek:

svxcess 05-05-2005 05:29 PM

What you have been waiting for...

Well guys, here is the information you have been waiting for. After pursuing the Subaru parts warehouses in Germany, with some help from my friends, there are none to be found and they don't expect there will be any more through their channels. That was the only country that used the LHD like ours until I remembered about buying my clear headlight protectors from Subaru Canada, which is also LHD.

Without further delay I will tell you that I arranged for Willowdale Subaru in Toronto, Ontario, (Where the main warehouse is) to have a hold put on the rest of the mats, waiting for members here to purchase.

Here are the particulars:

Willowdale Subaru
(416) 221-8876

Ask for Dan or Richard in parts, they are aware of this and expecting calls

As of this afternoon there are only 2 sets of gray floor mats, Part # SOA440B143 and 5 sets of beige ones, Part # SCI440B145 left in their system. I believe these are the last of them. They will not be sure until all of these are gone if they will be discontinued or marked obsolete. They said after these are sold they would make a test order to see if anymore would be available, though doubtful.

The price is 96.44 CAD, (plus the mandatory 15% tax of 14.46 CAD) totalling 110.90 CAD before shipping. This translates to $89.42 USD, before shipping.

Shipping is dependent upon location and distance from Toronto. Shipping by DHL to Maryland is 40.00CAD ($32.00USD) These end up being expensive, but there are few alternatives, other than Dayle's mats.

I believe they open at around 7:30am EDT tomorrow and are open until 6:00pm EDT. I wish there were more of these beauties available, but this is not the case

And so the great race begins....

Earthworm 05-05-2005 06:06 PM

Don't call now. Their parts dept is closed.

WGJ 05-06-2005 01:21 AM

'Worm...

you are such a sneaky rascal...tell everybody they're closed while you swoop in ahead an score! I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you. Such deviousness!
So how much do you want for the grey?
WGJ

svxcess 05-06-2005 09:17 AM

There was just no equitable way that I could think of to offer these mats. I guess I could have waited until all the parts departments were closed on the west coast. But then members out there would have to be up at 4:30 in the morning to be able to call Willowdale Subaru.

Any suggestions on how to handle similar situations in the future? I was so excited to be able to find these mats and let you know.

Maybe some of our German members here can help out in trying to get a little more information on mat availability there.

Rd96SVX 05-06-2005 09:21 AM

canada huh?

I've never attempted ti dial out of country, is there a speacial code i need to dial first? or just (416)221....... :confused:

mbtoloczko 05-06-2005 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
.... But then members out there would have to be up at 4:30 in the morning to be able to call Willowdale Subaru.....

Did that and got myself a set of gray mats. Actually the parts department opened at 5:00 am PST.