The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your favorite special feature? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17238)

svx_commuter 03-16-2004 10:32 AM

Your favorite special feature?

Well I was wondering which one of these special SVX features would win out. I think they are common to all models and if not well then I sorry.

GreenMarine 03-16-2004 10:51 AM

I recon I like the wipers... they look cool down, makes tha car more stream line looking... Then when it is rainy and nasty ya put them up so they can do thier job :D:D:cool:

GreenMarine 03-16-2004 10:54 AM

Actually come to think of it, that Auto Shutoff for the RECIRC system in the AC has really pissed me off... I hate how the smell of the air changes when it switches from RECIRC to fresh air... I wish I could just make it stay on RECIRC... Anyone know of a way to make it do that??? It really smells down here in Beaufort... Swamps are nasty in the summber... :rolleyes:

alacrity024 03-16-2004 01:22 PM

oh i'm torn!

i LOVE the "bright" button that ampts the brightness of the clock up while the lights are on (i just leave mine on all the time...)

.....which makes me realize you should've added another option to the poll.. this is better than the bright switch AND the ext. temp. button.....

the fact that the headlights go off when you turn the car off! this is sheer genius!

i'm gonna vote for the "bright' switch, because it's the one thing that my SVX has which i wish my WRX did too..

-adam

Aredubjay 03-16-2004 01:27 PM

I voted for the climate control, but I was torn between that and the outside temp button.

You should've added the "Steering Wheel Memory Lever" in the mix. I'll bet there are still some members here that don't even know it's there. :D

Mr. Pockets 03-16-2004 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
I voted for the climate control, but I was torn between that and the outside temp button.

You should've added the "Steering Wheel Memory Lever" in the mix. I'll bet there are still some members here that don't even know it's there. :D

Oh, they know it's there - they just say that their tilt is broken. :D

I don't think I could pick one of those features as my favorite. As a whole they all comprise the car's character. So I would say that my favorite SVX feature would have to be that it's an SVX. It is what it is, and it's a special car, indeed. :)

mikecg 03-16-2004 01:56 PM

Mine

Accually I love the fact that the lights shut off when I turn off the key. I dont have to worry about killing the battery by forgetting to turn them off. I just wish the lighter jack didnt shut off to. Makes it hard to charge the cell phone some times.

Aredubjay 03-16-2004 02:31 PM

Re: Mine

Quote:

Originally posted by mikecg
Accually I love the fact that the lights shut off when I turn off the key. I dont have to worry about killing the battery by forgetting to turn them off. I just wish the lighter jack didnt shut off to. Makes it hard to charge the cell phone some times.

I had the same "idiot feature" on my 74 Mercury Capri, and was sooooo thankful.

I also wished the cig lighter stayed powered. But, you can't have EVERYTHING you want, now, can you? :D

Seraph 03-16-2004 02:37 PM

Are you guys talking about general SVXes or my SVX?

I like my lights, my rear view camera and front view cam. etc.

RSVX 03-16-2004 02:42 PM

telescopic steering wheel...

Aredubjay 03-16-2004 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RSVX
telescopic steering wheel...

In case you hadn't noticed, that WASN'T one of the choices . . . FRED! :p :D

Andy 03-16-2004 02:47 PM

Headlight washers :D

Andy 03-16-2004 02:48 PM

Anti-hijack locks, great for the girls.

Stops them running away

RSVX 03-16-2004 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay

In case you hadn't noticed, that WASN'T one of the choices . . . FRED! :p :D

Speed sensitive steering...

ensteele 03-16-2004 05:31 PM

Cell phone plug in! ;)

I just love my car, or should I say cars? :) I would agree that all of these things are the SVX. I like all of the features. I really do like the outside temp though. ;)