The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Convesation at Airport Today (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5846)

Aredubjay 09-10-2002 02:59 PM

Convesation at Airport Today

I had seen my daughter off on a trip at the airport and was leaving short term parking. I pulled to the window to pay. There was an older lady working the window. She was quite classy looking, in her latter fifties to early sixties. I handed her my ticket. She ran it through the machine and said, "One Dollar." I looked at her with a smile and said, "One dollar! I don't think I can afford that." "If you can afford to drive that car, you can certainly afford one dollar. What kind of car is that?" As I handed her a fiver, I said, "It's a Subaru SVX." "Well, that must be a brand new one," She said. "No, it's a '92," I replied. The look on her face was priceless, and, remember, I was driving "The Evil Twin," blemishes and all. "You wanna sell it?" she queried. "No, I just bought it." I said, "I now have two." "Two?" she asked. "You must like Subarus," she grinned. "I just like THIS kind of Subaru." I said. As she handed me my change, she said, "Well, if you ever want to sell it, you'll know where to find me. I'll be right here at the airport." I gave the obligatory, "I will," as I took my change, and gave her a big smile. Funny, the smile stuck and was still on my face when I got back to the office. :D

Seraph 09-10-2002 04:46 PM

Re: Convesation at Airport Today

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
I had seen my daughter off on a trip at the airport and was leaving short term parking. I pulled to the window to pay. There was an older lady working the window. She was quite classy looking, in her latter fifties to early sixties. I handed her my ticket. She ran it through the machine and said, "One Dollar."
I just paid 3 dollars at ORD today for an hour of parking

vkykam 09-10-2002 04:56 PM

Aw, comon, Aredub. Sell your 92, use the money to hunt for 94 like you wanted.

That's if Larry doesn't beat you to it... :D

VK

Boone 09-10-2002 04:58 PM

Re: Convesation at Airport Today

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
....Funny, the smile stuck and was still on my face when I got back to the office. :D
Randy, Mebbe you will be able to call up that smile when "patience" in required in the future. :p ;) B.

Shadow248 09-10-2002 07:47 PM

Try parking in Pittsburgh, then complain about airport parking. To get a parking pass at Pitt for any of their lots, it's about $550 a semester. Parking on the street or the by-the-hour lots would cost $40 a week (5 days). It's just ridiculous.

Ron Mummert 09-10-2002 08:33 PM

Let's see - Classy looking, late fifties, wants an SVX .....
The next time you see her, be sure to drop my name. I'll even let her wax mine, (the car!) ha-ha. Ask if she's into cooking & cleaning too!
Thanks, Dream-date Ron.

Aredubjay 09-10-2002 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert
Let's see - Classy looking, late fifties, wants an SVX .....
The next time you see her, be sure to drop my name. I'll even let her wax mine, (the car!) ha-ha. Ask if she's into cooking & cleaning too!
Thanks, Dream-date Ron.

Ron, get hold of yourself . . . .:eek: . . . . uhm, let me rephrase that. :D

ensteele 09-10-2002 10:40 PM

Ron

I bet you could impress her with that fine box o wine you have!!! :rolleyes: :D

Ron Mummert 09-10-2002 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93
Ron

I bet you could impress her with that fine box o wine you have!!! :rolleyes: :D

Yes, Earl - A little candlelight, soft music, Almaden's finest on tap... Could lead to an exchange of fluids, heh-heh.
Yup - "I'll swap 'ya a quart'a Motor Honey, for some'a that Redline stuff"!
Trooooo romance! My style - Ron.

Seraph 09-10-2002 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Yes, Earl - A little candlelight, soft music, Almaden's finest on tap... Could lead to an exchange of fluids, heh-heh.
Yup - "I'll swap 'ya a quart'a Motor Honey, for some'a that Redline stuff"!
Trooooo romance! My style - Ron.

If that is what happens when it gets old, I for sure don't want to get that old. :D :D :D J/K guys

Lwin

ensteele 09-10-2002 11:34 PM

Lwin

I talked to a very elderly gentleman - much older than Ron - sorry Ron - and he gave me some very good advice about getting old. He said "Don't" :p :D
He also said that it used to take him about 18 hours to put in a good days work, and now it only takes him about 4. :D

Ca$h 09-11-2002 08:44 AM

Cool dude. Kinda weird that someone...eh... um. more 'mature' would be into SVXs. I mean, they are kinda low slung and hard to get in and out of. Sorta. Ah well. Old ladies with style are cool. :)

- Ca$h

Mr. Pockets 09-11-2002 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ca$h
Cool dude. Kinda weird that someone...eh... um. more 'mature' would be into SVXs. I mean, they are kinda low slung and hard to get in and out of. Sorta. Ah well. Old ladies with style are cool. :)

- Ca$h

Actually, for being a GT, the car is pretty easy to get into and out of. My friend's 3000GT is a tight squeeze. The SVX's doors curve into the roof nicely and create a very large opening.

dromano 09-11-2002 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow248
Try parking in Pittsburgh, then complain about airport parking. To get a parking pass at Pitt for any of their lots, it's about $550 a semester. Parking on the street or the by-the-hour lots would cost $40 a week (5 days). It's just ridiculous.
:mad: It's a left wing attempt to push you to use "public transportation":eek: Gez, that's expensive parking:(

Green1995SVX 09-11-2002 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dromano

:mad: It's a left wing attempt to push you to use "public transportation":eek: Gez, that's expensive parking:(

No kidding... I hate having to find a place to park 'dahntahn' especially over in oakland. Parking will cost your first born child during the week.

Mike