The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   lame, but oh well (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7329)

subafan 12-03-2002 12:37 AM

lame, but oh well

uh.... i'd like to celebrate quietly that i just got an email that my indiglo guages are coming soon hehe...
since so many ppl on this board deem it lame.... i'll only celebrate quietly.... but when (or eventually) when i get my 5sp hehe... i'm going to celebrate.... loudly?

$VX 12-03-2002 08:13 AM

I don't have anything against indiglos... I had some on my neon. I think they're cool. The problem is that the SVX is a high quality car, and the SVX indiglos are both very LOW QUALITY. THe print of on the speedo for instance, looks gay as hell. IT doesnt look hi-tech at all, it looks like writing some old woman would use on a greeting card. And there's that gigantic hole in the middle. Why? So lazy people don't have to pull the needles to install them. Brilliant. And they don't convert the upper outside edge guages to indiglo. So you're going to have a mis-mash of black/white .... indiglo/black with green light.... high quality/ crappy quality dash.

BLECH.

- Ca$h

greg 12-03-2002 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX
I had some on my neon... the SVX indiglos are both very LOW QUALITY. THe print of on the speedo for instance, looks gay as hell. IT doesnt look hi-tech at all, it looks like writing some old woman would use on a greeting card. And there's that gigantic hole in the middle. Why? So lazy people don't have to pull the needles to install them. Brilliant. And they don't convert the upper outside edge guages to indiglo. So you're going to have a mis-mash of black/white .... indiglo/black with green light.... high quality/ crappy quality dash.

BLECH.

- Ca$h

Oh, but the Neon is such a high quality car and has such superior indiglo guages!

Anyway, congradulations, I think they look great. I am too worried about breaking something to put them on mine but the guages and the faux wood trim covered with steel or painted in that fashion look great togther and make a very sporting look! Not to mention what a shifter would look like cranking through gears all showing up in indi-glo!:cool:

-G

$VX 12-03-2002 04:54 PM

Neons actually DO have superior indiglo gauges. Better speedo font, more options, more competition= better product. Look at the aftermarket for a neon/civic/integra. HUGE. Why? Lots of people own them. The SVX on the other hand, was sorta rare since the first day. Frankly, I'm surprised there's even indiglos available for it.

Anyway, until someone builds a QUALITY indiglo set that does the entire dash, not just 2/3s of it, I'm sticking OEM.

- Ca$h

deadwood 12-03-2002 08:09 PM

Yeah, the Neon simply has a larger aftermarket. Just got rid of my 96. It was a pretty shoddily put together car, but it served me well.

$VX 12-04-2002 09:02 AM

Anyway, here's the final answer: the indiglos available for the SVX are crap.

- Ca$h

Green1995SVX 12-04-2002 09:38 AM

They do suck, but I think they're better looking than the stock gauges that's for sure.

Mike

$VX 12-04-2002 10:03 AM

Disagree. The stupid 'kiddy' font on the indiglos looks like ass. So does the fact that it doesn't cover the top two gauges. So then you have a kiddy fonted mish mash of black and white. BLech.

- Ca$h

Mr. Pockets 12-05-2002 12:59 PM

Let's throw some more fuel into the fire:

I don't like white-faced 'indiglo' gauges because they're not as easy to read at night. There's not enough contrast. It may not look fancy and 'high-tech' like VW's deep blue lights, but orange and green were chosen by the manufacturers as indicator colors for a reason.

I'll stick with the stock gauges, not only because I'm a purist, but because I also don't want to have to wait for my eyes to adjust whenever I glance at my display.

Don't flame me. I understand that the idea behind the white gauge faces is 'individuality' and 'making an expression with your car,' so functionality takes a back seat to the current trends.

Aredubjay 12-05-2002 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
Let's throw some more fuel into the fire:

Oh, please do. :rolleyes:

ensteele 12-05-2002 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX
Anyway, here's the final answer: the indiglos available for the SVX are crap.

- Ca$h

:rolleyes:

$VX 12-06-2002 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele93

:rolleyes:

Blow me.

You guys call me sarcastic and a jerk but who's constantly baiting and rolling their eyes?

Yeah. Not me.

- Ca$h

Seraph 12-06-2002 08:34 AM

Where is my pump?

How much pressure do you need?

Subafan:

If you need help installing them, let me know.

Lwin

SVX10 12-06-2002 08:44 AM

Dude!

Ca$h...chill out. If you start taking the internet face symols personally, then, well, that's sad. You can't get all mad whenever somebody disagrees with you. But, since I don't want to suffer the wrath of Ca$h :rolleyes: oops.... ;) maybe getting closer? :) there we go...I think that one's safe...I'm going to agree with you on the guages. I don't really like the SVX indiglos and I don't see the point of them in general. The stock green is very easy to see at night, and they fit the calm demeanor of the car very well. With the faux wood grain and the high quality gray leather and suede trim, the indiglos look out of place.

Aredubjay 12-06-2002 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by $VX

Blow me.

You guys call me sarcastic and a jerk but who's constantly baiting and rolling their eyes?

Yeah. Not me.

- Ca$h

I, personally, have never called you "sarcastic." Sarcasm can actually be entertaining. Most of us can handle true sarcasm. You are definitely *not* sarcastic. I have also never called you a jerk (though I must admit my guilt of *thinking* it numerous times).

I've called you annoying and belligerent (Defined as "aggressively hostile" by Webster). If you would merely state your opinion and state it *as* your opinion, instead of "the final answer" or "blow me because you disagree with my factual representation of my opinion," no one would have to roll their eyes or get agitated by your brash, inconsiderate, abrasive and annoying personality. But *that's* just *my* opinion.