The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   A bit of cool news! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49703)

odepaj 03-31-2009 04:19 AM

A bit of cool news!

Ok, so I'm pretty sure that most of you all don't know that I never finished high school. :o (Now you do).

Instead of getting my diploma, I was stupid and dropped out. I got my G.E.D. finally (about this time last year).

Jump forward to now:

So I've got my G.E.D. and have gone about my business, not thinking about it anymore.

Well yesterday morning when I woke up, I recieved some mail from the Texas Adult Education Board (where I got my G.E.D.).

As it turns out, I scored high enough on my G.E.D. tests that I was asked to compete for a national award from Washington D.C.

I'm excited about all of this and can't wait to send out my info to register!

Just figured I'd share some of my good news with you all!

Dustin

subeman90 03-31-2009 04:22 AM

Re: A bit of cool news!

good for you! congrats

Mike621 03-31-2009 07:20 AM

Dustin,

Congratulations and good luck. As someone who is trying to further their education, I respect that you went back to complete your program. My brother is currently working on his high-school equivalency.

1986nate 03-31-2009 07:42 AM

Great news for you. I just finally got done with the class I needed for my diploma. Took me almost 4 years after the fact due to my laziness and procrastination but at least its done now.

ensteele 03-31-2009 08:05 AM

Congratulations! Let us know how it goes. :)

Landshark 03-31-2009 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odepaj (Post 594623)
Ok, so I'm pretty sure that most of you all don't know that I never finished high school. :o (Now you do).

Instead of getting my deploma, I was stupid and dropped out. I got my G.E.D. finally (about this time last year).

you spelled "diploma" wrong. :D

seriously, congratulations. :)

Wikedjuggalo 03-31-2009 08:43 AM

Congratz man!!

odepaj 03-31-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark (Post 594645)
you spelled "diploma" wrong. :D

seriously, congratulations. :)

:lol: It was 5 in the morning and spelling isn't my strongest subject. :o

Thanks for the well-wishes guys!

Bobb 04-01-2009 04:09 AM

Hi Duston, I'm glad to see that you got your GED. And as an old guy, I think I can safely say that there is no such thing as to much information. By that I mean you can't get to much education. This does not mean only going to school. Trade learning programs and things of this nature are also valuable. Never sell yourself short. If you have an interest in something, see what is out there to teach what you need to work in that field. Take care, BOBB

subbieatnz 04-01-2009 04:53 AM

Congrats dude

odepaj 04-01-2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobb (Post 594802)
Hi Duston, I'm glad to see that you got your GED. And as an old guy, I think I can safely say that there is no such thing as to much information. By that I mean you can't get to much education. This does not mean only going to school. Trade learning programs and things of this nature are also valuable. Never sell yourself short. If you have an interest in something, see what is out there to teach what you need to work in that field. Take care, BOBB

I agree 100%!

I'll be registering for fall classes at a local College for their Automotive course, and I plan to get my ASE certifications after I have the proper work experience (they require 2 years of full-time work experience).

bwb3 04-01-2009 11:52 AM

Doesn't ASE allow 1 year if you graduate from an auto tech course?
Gene

odepaj 04-01-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwb3 (Post 594872)
Doesn't ASE allow 1 year if you graduate from an auto tech course?
Gene

Possibly?

I'll have to look into that?

bwb3 04-02-2009 07:29 AM

Dug out the Spring 2009 ASE Test Registration Booklet and it says:
Substitution for work experience,
1. 1 year credit for completing 2 full years at a technical institute, community or 4 year college, or bona fide apprenticeship program.
2. Short courses, 1 month credit for each 2 months of training.
Gene