The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Southeast Region (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Smokies Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=12332)

huck369 07-31-2003 05:36 AM

Smokies Meet

OK,
I’m trying to make this meet happen, any help would be appreciated.
I’m shooting for October 17-19th, if that’s a major problem for anybody, let me know.
I’ve started an agenda, that reads as follows:

Friday:
Register at meet hotel (something else we need)
Possibly a car wash
Basic bench racing, ect..ect..

Saturday:
8:00-10:00am Breakfast
10:00am meet in parking lot for Scenic drive
10:30am Leave for Scenic Drive (unknown route at this time)
12:00-1:30 Lunch (Where depends on route)
4:00-6:00 Cookout at Duff's Subaru (if they are up for it)
Maybe some test drives of a Turbo Forester, or WRX (STi would be sweet)
7:00-??? More Bench Racing in the parking lot, maybe drinks at a good local pub

Sunday:
8:00-10:00am Breakfast
10:00-12:00 Good-byes
12:00 possibly lunch for the ones that haven't left yet.

This was just off the top of my head, so any ideals or changes are
welcome.

These are the names that showed interest on the poll I did a few months ago. Let me know if you can still make it, and add you’re nam to the list if your not on it and want to be there.
1.immortal_suby
2.Alsvx
3.GreenMarineSVX
4.Porter
5.Noir
6.Aredubjay
7.Montypython
8.Benebob
9.svx1999
10. svxter
11.me (huck369)

Let me know your thoughts,

GreenMarine 07-31-2003 06:02 AM

Dude, I really want to make this happen too... I am trying to get my car back on the road (legally) within the next week or so... Hopefully we can have two 5 speed SVX's there!!! I am trying to change my girlfriend from a Honda "ricer" to a Subaru freak like me... She's never ridden in a Subaru before and I know that she will just forget about ricers once she goes to the Dragon and possibly this meet too... So where will it be held??? I would need to plan directions and all that stuff... Ya know that the second Dragon meet of 2003 is going on at the end of September too right?? Well I will let ya know for sure as the time approaches... Still have to get to a subaru dealer and get my brakes and clutch bled and adjusted for the Dragon meet though... Good luck and I hope that we can get this to happen!!!!

GreenMarine 07-31-2003 06:09 AM

I know what I can do... Give me the general location and I can plan the "Scenic Drive" route.... That would be a fun project for me!!! Then I can run the diffrent routes by you since this is "your baby" :):D:cool:... let me know cool???

lindleycj@beaufort.usmc.mil

Thanks Huck!!!

Aredubjay 07-31-2003 07:52 AM

I'm still up for it. Let's do it!! And, if anyone knows John Rowe's e-mail addy, you might let him know. I know he was at the first Smokies meet. Addington? How 'bout Ren and . . . Stimpy (Can't remember Ren's wife's name :D:D:D). Maybe Bill can get in touch with those guys. And, maybe I can get "Patience" in touring shape by then and bring both cars. :D:D:D

GreenMarine 07-31-2003 12:05 PM

YES!!!, That's what I'm talkin' about Randy!!! Time to go to another meet.... Oh no, You'll never break free from the club.... Ahhhhh!!!!:D :cool:

huck369 07-31-2003 01:20 PM

By the way, I still plan on making this a SVX/XT6 meet....Subaru's two 6-cylinder sports cars (Sport touring).
Hope to get some of the XT6 guys to show up.

GreenMarineSVX, we may stay at the same hotel as the last one, which was in Oak Ridge, TN...so if you want to look at some scenic driving routes and E-mail me at "huck369 "at" charter.net"
I'll look them over.

I e-mailed John Rowe, but it was an old address, so I don't know if he'll get it or not.

immortal_suby 07-31-2003 07:55 PM

We're still on for the trip. Anyone able to talk with Bill lately? Haven't seen him around in quite a while.

huck369 08-01-2003 05:36 AM

I've been corresponding via e-mail with Bill, and he's helping set up the meet. (Which is good since i don't know what the heck I'm doing:rolleyes: )

Noir 08-03-2003 03:14 AM

re: i'm in

i'm in, i'll have my car setup the way i want before the meet. just depends on if i have to work. blasted unforseen problems sometime drains my precious 'quality' time with the svx and fellow enthusists :D.

huck369 08-03-2003 10:00 AM

Who would be interested in a SVX/XT6 Smokies Meet Tee-Shirt if I have some made up?
Will probably be just one color on an ash Tee.

immortal_suby 08-03-2003 10:08 AM

Cool - count me in on the T-shirt

Noir 08-03-2003 02:06 PM

re: put me on the list for one

huck, put me on the list for 1.

hey immortal :D how ya doing? i saw a earlier post that you were in greer, i'm in greer from time to time for work, we have a plant across the bmw plant. next time i'm up there we should grab lunch or dinner. i grabbed dinner last time i was up there with porter as he showed me downtown greenville. was a nice little place, been up there for work on several occasions but never really explored greenville much. it's work, then go home :D, but i think greenville is a nice little place to eat, so inexpensive compared to atlanta. good beer too!

benebob 08-05-2003 02:27 PM

Smokies

Yey!!!! I'm still in. How wet has your summer been would like a real nice dry next couple of months so get some colors in those trees. What are the tenative plans for Sunday. I might have to bug out late Saturday as I'm to help a friend move on Sunday.

immortal_suby 08-05-2003 05:45 PM

Harry - let me know next time you'll be in town and we'll get together.

huck369 08-05-2003 07:20 PM

Re: Smokies

Quote:

Originally posted by benebob
Yey!!!! I'm still in. How wet has your summer been would like a real nice dry next couple of months so get some colors in those trees. What are the tenative plans for Sunday. I might have to bug out late Saturday as I'm to help a friend move on Sunday.
No big plans for Sunday, as many will have to get headed home early...but I'm open to suggestions...:D