The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thoughts on Front and Back Spoilers (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27433)

jujybo 07-19-2005 10:31 AM

Thoughts on Front and Back Spoilers

I know that lots of people really like to mod their svx's with front and back spoilers but I never really saw the apeal in it. I actually like the look of the car a whole lot better even withought the standard production spoiler. I'm even considering getting it removed from my '93.

Thoughts?

red95svx 07-19-2005 11:22 AM

I've never seen an SVX with a front spoiler.

You can easily remove the factory spoiler. With certain colors like white or silver I think the car looks better without it.

Dave

Canuck 07-19-2005 01:28 PM

I'm no car designer but ...... actually that's my point; I'm one of those people who think that those who designed this car did it right. Who am I to argue.

Dza 07-19-2005 01:54 PM

I love my factory rear spoiler, but I can support your decision to remove it IF it weren't a 93. I'm all about leaving the 93s exactly as they were made.

dcarrb 07-19-2005 02:16 PM

I'm very happy with the fact that my SVX came sans spoiler, and this feeling is renewed every day when I get behind some winged Taurus or Monte Carlo. These days, NOT having a spoiler is exceptional.

That said, the SVX spoiler doesn't look bad at all. I'd be inclined to leave it, especially on a '93.

dcb

jujybo 07-19-2005 02:28 PM

Damn good point :)

That thought did occur to me after posting and in retrospect it really isnt a good idea to remove the spoiler on a '93, since their numbers are so thin already.

thanks for the wake up call

TomsSVX 07-19-2005 06:40 PM

just move it back a little. Once the spoiler is moved back it goes much better with the lines of the car. Just my opinion though. Make sure u measure well because the jdm marks set it back a half inch too far

Tom

ensteele 07-19-2005 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jujybo
Damn good point :)

That thought did occur to me after posting and in retrospect it really isnt a good idea to remove the spoiler on a '93, since their numbers are so thin already.

thanks for the wake up call

Welcome to the site. I have a list of the 93s that are here. What is the last 3 numbers of your VIN and how many miles do you have on it? I will put you on the list. :)

Motorsport-SVX 07-19-2005 11:40 PM

I personally think the JDM wing painted a number of ways on a 2 tone cars looks pretty slick and keeps people wondering what the car is.

Maybe an all black car minus the rear wing Id say is okay.

As for front spoilers, Im fond of the 2 pcs splitters.
I think they really add to the cars lines and keep the car
a well rounded look :D :D