The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   How rumours get started... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8497)

Boone 01-30-2003 01:56 AM

How rumours get started...

Hmm.. http://members.aol.com/nowibe/aolchat.html ;)

wawazat?? 01-30-2003 05:16 AM

Damn.......

I thought you could believe EVERYTHING on the internet:rolleyes:

GreenMarine 01-30-2003 06:31 AM

isn't it funny to see how ignorant people can be?!?!

Green1995SVX 01-30-2003 07:33 AM

Wow is that a joke??? Hey my 95 is quieter than your 92, Todd!! Stick that in your pipe!!! ;) :D :D

Mike

kuoh 01-30-2003 08:32 AM

Ok maybe I'm a little slow this morning, but other than the twin turbo SVX Type-E, what is wrong with that page?

KuoH

Mr. Pockets 01-30-2003 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kuoh
Ok maybe I'm a little slow this morning, but other than the twin turbo SVX Type-E, what is wrong with that page?

KuoH

In short? Everything. I like the part about the 'SVX Outback.'

kuoh 01-30-2003 09:02 AM

I think the Outback was in reference to the Amadeus, wrong name right concept, still ugly. The powerchip is real and is in my friend's 93 SVX. I'm not sure about the emission's testing on 92's, but I thought there had already been a discussion regarding a speed limiter. And as for noise level, obviously they were not all measured under identical conditions, so a +- 3db variance is not so farfetched. I'm not saying it's all right, but I don't think it's all wrong either.

KuoH

Mr. Pockets 01-30-2003 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kuoh
I'm not saying it's all right, but I don't think it's all wrong either.

KuoH

Oh, right. I agree. I was just joking that everything was incorrect. There are some morsels in there, but they're far overshadowed by the crap. :D

ensteele 01-30-2003 10:23 AM

For someone who owns a SVX, he know very little about it, and has not done much research or he would have found all of the mistakes. :rolleyes:

svx_commuter 01-30-2003 10:44 AM

We have had many conversations about the POWER mode and for some reason this says the engine produces 37 more HP than 93 models while in the POWER mode.

It would be real nice to have verification on that. :D

Based on personal throttle stomping experiences the amount of power does seem to vary in POWER mode. Sometimes it seems to be much faster. :D

But... alas we have no proof of this. :(

That would have to be the TCU and ECU for the 92. I wonder if they work in the 94 and newer SVX's?

Noir 01-30-2003 11:55 AM

WHAT???

i don't know about you people, but my svx is a quad turbo automatic that when the "manual" feature is operated, a clutch pops out at the bottom and the automatic transmission retracts and a new 5 speed jumps out of the niche. it kicks out 1500hp and is as quiet as snow falling from the clear sky in hawaii. when the "power" feature is engaged, two leer jets thrusters comes out of the spoiler and take off is imminent.

jeez, what kind of svx's do you guys have anyway? don't you know anything? :D

SVXphile 01-30-2003 06:34 PM

Heaps 'o horsepower

<. it kicks out 1500hp and is as quiet as snow falling from the clear sky in hawaii>

Hey Randy, Pepe is back!!!!!! :D Don

cxt2001 01-30-2003 06:49 PM

Noir where u at in ATL?

Cuz Im in the marietta, cobb county area...i was just wonderin cuz i've seen only like 2 SVX in this area and i know the one kid I was wondering if the other was u? what color is ur car and are the windows tinted?

Noir 01-30-2003 07:22 PM

re: yo kid

i live near decatur/emory. who's the other "kid" that you know? i know cjoffee is in marietta could have been him. when did you see the svx? i was up by marietta near the beginning of the year, that's where i bought the svx and got my emissions there. mine's teal/green. not really tinted. what year and color is yours?

i've seen 2 svx's around here. one near lenox mall area by the nice townhouses. and one up past gwinnett mall. i saw it in my friend's subdivision. if he's willing to sell i'm willing to buy. a older asian gentleman owns it from what i hear from my friend.

other than that, i think there are a few other svx's running around. one owned by a woman and another by the notorious david (svxdc) who is selling stereo cables.

i estimate there to be about 9 svxes in atlanta.

SVXphile 01-30-2003 08:32 PM

<and another by the notorious david (svxdc) who is selling stereo cables>

Why is he notorious? Are cables the ONLY stereo accessories he sells? Being an audio fanatic.....my curiousity is up.:) Don