The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I hate UPS (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54727)

Lookin4SVX 06-02-2010 07:55 PM

I hate UPS

So my driver side door sill came in from subaruparts.com via UPS today.
I was in the driveway installing a power antenna when UPS put the box on my porch.
UPS guy didn't say anything to us.

When we went inside to take a break that is when I saw the box. :mad:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/...6f51c880_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1305/...671ae67d_b.jpg

Thanks UPS guy!

I think they dropped some heavy box on it..

Good news is sill is intact. :)

Wikedjuggalo 06-02-2010 07:58 PM

Re: I hate UPS

If there is any damage you best let them know I am sure the sill wasn't cheap. ]
\

Lookin4SVX 06-02-2010 08:03 PM

Part#94016PA010MD "Cover Side Sill Upr" Price $38.33
+ $10 shipping, So $50.

Haven't installed it yet, just took it out the box and check it for damage.

Wikedjuggalo 06-02-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX (Post 649015)
Part#94016PA010MD "Cover Side Sill Upr" Price $38.33
+ $10 shipping, So $50.

Haven't installed it yet, just took it out the box and check it for damage.

O just the upper piece. I thought you ordered a whole door silla.

Lookin4SVX 06-02-2010 08:14 PM

Yeah sorry, just the upper piece. I was expecting to find it snapped in 2 pieces, seeing its just a long thin piece of plastic.

subi-crosser 06-02-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lookin4SVX (Post 649011)
So my driver side door sill came in from subaruparts.com via UPS today.
I was in the driveway installing a power antenna when UPS put the box on my porch.
UPS guy didn't say anything to us.

When we went inside to take a break that is when I saw the box. :mad:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/...6f51c880_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1305/...671ae67d_b.jpg

Thanks UPS guy!

I think they dropped some heavy box on it..

Good news is sill is intact. :)

The last box that came here via UPS was smashed so bad that the wife has a vid of me squeezing it in and out like the 'Squeeze-box' song!
Thank God it contained a thing that was made of CLOTH so it survived!
I had to 'refund' a 35$ purchase price for an item that the USPS CRUSHED while delivering it a week later. They all SUCK! Sell and buy within driving distance.....

Blacky 06-03-2010 06:33 AM

UPS...Universal Package Smashers
What I hate most is their "brokerage" fees when importing packages from the USA. They often exceed the value of the package. That's why I have everything delivered to The UPS Store in Ogdensburg, NY. and pick them up there.

svxcess 06-03-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blacky (Post 649045)
UPS...Universal Package Smashers :lol:

The old joke goes that if a manufacturer wants to advertise a product as "unbreakable", they do test shipments with UPS, labeling the contents as extremely fragile.

subi-crosser 06-03-2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess (Post 649047)
The old joke goes that if a manufacturer wants to advertise a product as "unbreakable", they do test shipments with UPS, labeling the contents as extremely fragile.

I mark mine with "FRAGILE, MANGLE WITH CARE"

sowise 06-04-2010 04:09 AM

I have had so many issues with UPS that I can't stand having to use them if certain companies use them for shipping, I will often go buy from somewhere else if I have other options.

I have caught them in a lie saying customer wasn't home for a package that was shipped with Signature required (I hate those). I was home they never came. I unfortunately missed all of their delivery attempts and ended up having to pay for them to ship it to my work took another 3 days for that change.

I have had them refuse to deliver a package to my house, after calling them to find out where it was because the tracking showed for 2 days it was at the nearest depot but no effort to deliver (as far as I could tell) was made and no contact with me was attempted. When I called them they said their driver refused to deliver the package because my dog bit them. I was in shock, I have the nicest dog in the world unless you are a ground hog or chihuahua. There is no way my dog has ever shown aggression to any person, besides Fed Ex guy loves the dog and is always commenting and bringing treats. I ended up having to drive to the depot to pick up the package about an hour and a half away.

UPS sucks.

lhopp77 06-04-2010 08:27 AM

Service seems to mostly depend on local staff. Here UPS is great--dependable, fast and damage to only one or two shipments of the huge number that I have received.

It's Fedex that sucks big time here. Poor service, really lousy customer service and extremely slow unless you pay for next day or express service of some kind. The regular driver was on vacation last week and the substitute could not even find my address and worst of all the office was getting ready to ship it back and I have received many previous shipments. :mad:

And--DHL and Fedex will not deliver in bad weather. UPS at least calls and will meet me close to home even in very bad weather (roads tend to get a bit muddy at certain times).

Lee

Nevin 06-06-2010 04:22 PM

Around here UPS is excellent and I prefer them to any other carrier. The two local drivers know me by name and I can stop and have conversations with them.

Very good service, and I ship everything with them. I'm not the best box-maker, but all of my swaybars have gone out with them and so far I haven't had any reports of mangling or disfiguration.

bwb3 06-07-2010 09:28 AM

+2 for UPS from me. I ship 2 - 6 packages a week and receive monthly shipments from Australia. Very seldom any package damage.
Gene

JaySVX 06-14-2010 11:27 AM

Every package I have received from UPS has been damaged in some way. Dropped, stuff dropped on it, etc. It's absurd. I have had to file claims as well, which is essentially impossible, even if you pay for insurance.

To file claim you must contact the UPS you shipped from, as they're indepently owned. The parent company holds no responsability. Then you have to ship the item back to that UPS store, where they can assess the damage with an adjuster. If you are EXTREMELY lucky, you may be able to get an adjuster to to come to you. If you do, go play the lottery ASAP. Just because they approve an adjuster to come to you, doesn't mean he will. He will not show, then report back that he showed and no one was home so he could not inspect the package. This has happened about a dozen times to me. The adjuster will (in my experience) lie to you about the damage being pre-existing or occuring after it was delivered. Then he will bend you over and shove his fist, well, you get the picture.

On the plus side, FexEx packages have always arived without a problem ever! USPS is pretty good in my experience as well. And if there's a problem, any fedex or usps can handle it, not just the hsipping store.

shelfy 06-14-2010 12:34 PM

Ups Ftw!!!