The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   WANTED: Left Door (Must be close as to perfect as possible) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40050)

Mike621 08-01-2007 04:02 PM

WANTED: Left Door (Must be close as to perfect as possible)

I need a replacement left door for my Claret 92, as a part of the restoration. The replacement from the donor vehicle is littered with dings and has previous bodywork. I need the cleanest, most ding and bodywork free example available. I'm willing to pick it up within a reasonable distance if it is in acceptable condition.

The color doesnt especially matter, because it will be color-matched when the car is painted in its entirety. If I cant find an acceptable replacement, I may be forced to use the current door and lower my standards of what is acceptable on the car as far as filler is concerned.

Please let me know what you have. Thanks in advance.

huck369 08-01-2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike621
I need a replacement left door for my Claret 92, as a part of the restoration. The replacement from the donor vehicle is littered with dings and has previous bodywork. I need the cleanest, most ding and bodywork free example available. I'm willing to pick it up within a reasonable distance if it is in acceptable condition.

The color doesnt especially matter, because it will be color-matched when the car is painted in its entirety. If I cant find an acceptable replacement, I may be forced to use the current door and lower my standards of what is acceptable on the car as far as filler is concerned.

Please let me know what you have. Thanks in advance.

I think the teal door I had in storage was straight...but haven't looked at it for over a year....but if you wanted to drive all the way down here to get it, you can have it.....(I'd go and check it out first before you came down)

Mike621 08-01-2007 08:38 PM

If you could check and send me photos of the detail, Id appreciate it much :).

huck369 08-01-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

If you could check and send me photos of the detail, Id appreciate it much :).

I'll try to think to go check it out tomorrow...pics might be later, as I'll be on the bike...so I may or may not have the camera with me...just depends on what all I have to haul...

huck369 08-02-2007 05:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It's still there!!:D :D :D (wasn't sure it had been so long since I saw it:rolleyes: )

It looks really good, I didn't notice ANY dings in it....

Here are a couple pics...

Let me know if you plan to come after it.

Mike621 08-02-2007 03:10 PM

"need a replacement left door"

Huck, I think we got some wires crossed.

huck369 08-02-2007 07:29 PM

Quote:

"need a replacement left door"

Huck, I think we got some wires crossed.

Doh!....

Sorry....I should read a little closer...:o

I have a drivers door, but it IS a bit beat up.....sorry, I could have sworn you said right door....:o :o