The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I just beat a WRX?? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3361)

elninoalex 03-28-2002 03:00 AM

I just beat a WRX??

I came upon a blue WRX last night and we went at from 30-90 and I edged him by a car length. He got ahead of me at first, but I came on strong and passed him. The funny thing was, my nitrous arming switch lost a wire and I did it without the n2o. I thought those WRXs were supposed to be really fast. I guess if he raced me from 0 it would have been a different story. But then again, if I gassed him, it wouldn't have been close. Did I mention that n2o is fun.

Stephen

EverclearAtMSU 03-28-2002 06:18 AM

Re: I just beat a WRX??

Quote:

Originally posted by elninoalex
I came upon a blue WRX last night and we went at from 30-90 and I edged him by a car length. He got ahead of me at first, but I came on strong and passed him. The funny thing was, my nitrous arming switch lost a wire and I did it without the n2o. I thought those WRXs were supposed to be really fast. I guess if he raced me from 0 it would have been a different story. But then again, if I gassed him, it wouldn't have been close. Did I mention that n2o is fun.

Stephen

I've had the same thing happen. I sumed it up to be either 1, the person driving couldn't drive a stick, or 2 he was way out of his power curve and I wasn't. I know the wrx has a lot of potential to be upgraded to go really fast, but I'm not so sure abuot how good it is stock. One of my friends is getting one this summer, so I'll find out then, before he mods the hell out of it

There's some ricer around here w/ a yellow one that I've wanted to race, it's got a big wing, loud exhaust, all the rice goodies :rolleyes:

alacrity024 03-28-2002 06:23 AM

lol I actually passed a WRX last night. At least I'm 75% sure it was a WRX and not just a 2.5RS w/a spoiler. it was dark and I couldn't see if there was a hood scoop. He was going pretty slow in a single lane so when a passing zone opened up I got out alongside, hovered for a moment, then blasted forward.. no challenge, he didn't give chase.. maybe he just wasn't in the mood..

-Adam

Bwana 03-28-2002 06:30 AM

I raced one the other day as well. It was blue and had aftermarket exhaust, and a big sticker on the windshield. We did 0-100 from a stoplight. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, he only beat me by 1-2 car lengths, and then both of our radar detectors went off, hehe. Surprisingly i braked faster then him too...maybe he didnt hit them as hard...

Green1995SVX 03-28-2002 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bwana
We did 0-100 from a stoplight.
Sounds safe to me.

-Mike

EverclearAtMSU 03-28-2002 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bwana
I raced one the other day as well. It was blue and had aftermarket exhaust, and a big sticker on the windshield. We did 0-100 from a stoplight. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, he only beat me by 1-2 car lengths, and then both of our radar detectors went off, hehe. Surprisingly i braked faster then him too...maybe he didnt hit them as hard...
maybe it seamed that way since you were 1-2 car lengths behind.:p