The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Q & A (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   no blinkie blinkie! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3342)

EverclearAtMSU 03-27-2002 07:07 AM

no blinkie blinkie!

My turn signals dont work, at all! I checked the fuse, which looked to be in perfect condition, yet replaced it w/ a new one anyways, and still nothing. I remember something about a blink control thingie and that you can replace it w/ one that goes twice as fast, but that's about it. Could my blinkie controlie thingie be burnt out? If so, where is it?

alacrity024 03-27-2002 08:51 AM

correct me if i'm wrong but the blinkie controlie thingie has two wiriey doohickies attached to the fuseamabobber. if you're not getting blinkie blinkie I think you're supposed to get a torqueamathinger and give the controlie thingie a good solid smackamadoodle...

-Adam

EverclearAtMSU 03-27-2002 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by alacrity024
correct me if i'm wrong but the blinkie controlie thingie has two wiriey doohickies attached to the fuseamabobber. if you're not getting blinkie blinkie I think you're supposed to get a torqueamathinger and give the controlie thingie a good solid smackamadoodle...

-Adam

lol from now on I'll refrain from talking in giberish. wack what control thing? and by torqueamthinger i take it you mean a hammer or something?

alacrity024 03-27-2002 09:34 AM

heh, sorry, but i've got no idea how to help you. I was just kidding.. I thought it'd be pretty funny :) feel free to continue talking in gibberish, I do it all the time. Just having fun, that's all.. I do NOT recommend the use of a hammer in this situation.. again I was ONLY KIDDING :)

-Adam

Aredubjay 03-27-2002 09:37 AM

Your flasher unit has probably gone south. I have no idea where the one (or, maybe 2) on the SVX is. THey are usually somewhere around the steering wheel. I'll have to check my manuals for you tonight, unless someone else knows of their location.

EverclearAtMSU 03-27-2002 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
Your flasher unit has probably gone south. I have no idea where the one (or, maybe 2) on the SVX is. THey are usually somewhere around the steering wheel. I'll have to check my manuals for you tonight, unless someone else knows of their location.
well, i went to autozone durring my lunch and picked up a flaser relay thing, as that seams to be what's wrong, and for $10 it's not that big of a deal. and they told me it was by the drivers seat under the kick pannel. so I looked around in there for a bit and couldn't find anything! So off to the subbie store, and they looked in their bible and told me I would have to take off the front pannel, under the stearing wheel and then I could get to it. Or I could give them their $72.00 per hour and they would be happy to spend an hour doing it. :eek:

Looks like I'm pulling that off tonight. At least the wheathers nice so the garage will be warm and nice :-)

svxeno 03-27-2002 06:03 PM

Quote:

Your flasher unit has probably gone south.

Randy,

Where do these things go when they go south. I'm in Florida and that is south. I could use some of these parts.

Randy (Down south ya'all) ii

Ron Mummert 03-27-2002 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by svxeno

Randy,

Where do these things go when they go south. I'm in Florida and that is south. I could use some of these parts.

Randy (Down south ya'all) ii

I believe most flashers head south for the winter, as these northern climes can be devastating to a show-off in a trench coat.

Ron (keepin' my parts warm)i

EverclearAtMSU 03-27-2002 10:31 PM

Quote:

I just spent 4 and a half hours looking for the damn thing! With no luck. I tore apart everything under the steering wheel pretty much. So if you've come up with the exact location and how to get to it, it would be a BIG help!

Hey, if you see my relays in FL, please send them back to me. I kinda need them :)

Aredubjay 03-27-2002 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU

I just spent 4 and a half hours looking for the damn thing! With no luck. I tore apart everything under the steering wheel pretty much. So if you've come up with the exact location and how to get to it, it would be a BIG help!

Hey, if you see my relays in FL, please send them back to me. I kinda need them :)

Oh, man, sorry, I havn't had a chance to check it out yet. I'll check it out in a few minutes (If I can get caught up on these darned posts) and post. Again, sorry.

Aredubjay 03-27-2002 11:32 PM

The diagram shows the turn signal/hazard unit to be located to the right hand side (passenger's) of the steering wheel shaft, under the dash, just up from the gas pedal position. Hope this helps.

Oh, I believe they go to the Caymans. :p

huck369 03-28-2002 05:51 AM

Quote:

The diagram shows the turn signal/hazard unit to be located to the right hand side (passenger's) of the steering wheel shaft, under the dash, just up from the gas pedal position. Hope this helps.

Yeah, I broke my 92's while doing the 5-speed conv., it's attached to the underside of the steering column, has one screw attaching it, it's in a rubber square housing. I think it has 3 wires going to it.
You have to remove the panel under the steering column to get to it.

Good luck with the $10 unit, as a cheap aftermarket unit would NOT work in my 92, had to replace it with a factory unit, something to the tune of $80:mad: , I've still got the aftermarket one laying around somewhere.:rolleyes:

Hope it works for you

EverclearAtMSU 03-28-2002 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by huck369

Yeah, I broke my 92's while doing the 5-speed conv., it's attached to the underside of the steering column, has one screw attaching it, it's in a rubber square housing. I think it has 3 wires going to it.
You have to remove the panel under the steering column to get to it.

Good luck with the $10 unit, as a cheap aftermarket unit would NOT work in my 92, had to replace it with a factory unit, something to the tune of $80:mad: , I've still got the aftermarket one laying around somewhere.:rolleyes:

Hope it works for you

That could be my whole problem right there! I remember seeing what looked like a relay in a rubber square housing just like you said. I took out the clip with the 3 wires and pluged it into my new relay and still nothing, so I figured it was something else. Bah!!!!

But on a positive note, while in there I knocked something back into place because my radio reception is back! :D