The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   So ashamed... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25407)

Mr. Pockets 04-06-2005 06:42 PM

So ashamed...

Words cannot convey the conflict in my mind that sets in when I say the following words:

I am absolutely, totally smitten...with a Saturn.

I'm not going to get into my reasons for disliking Saturn. I'm not here to get into another argument over GM. I am posting to declare my love for this:

http://www.saturn.com/saturn/showroo...10&flashOK=yes

I've never liked the look of the Pontiac Solstice, and that's kept me from researching the car any further. That's a shame, because the Sky led me to look into the cars a little, and I'm really impressed.

Needless to say, it's going to take a good, hard test drive before I make any final declaration, but I have very high hopes for these cars. They could be true cone-carvers. :D

Shadow248 04-06-2005 08:29 PM

It's really not that bad you know.

What's the number one most important factor in a car? If you like it, right? What good is the most solid, best built car in the world if you just don't like it? So in the end, buy what you like the most. Nothing compares to a drive in your dream car. Or at least one you really really like.

I think that's a sweet looking car too. I kinda like the Pontiac better, but both are going to be eye-openers.

newsvx 04-06-2005 08:47 PM

Mr. Pockets,
Don't feel badly at all! It looks to be a sweet ride, and the price will be GREAT, from what I hear. The Pontiac too, which I like a bit better. But then again, ever since my 1969 Firebird .... well....? You know. Boy do I miss that car!!
Now if I can just figure out a way to keep my SVX AND acquire one of these jewels! On yes, I know. The LOTTERY!!! Yeah, THAT's the ticket!

Harry (in dream land again)

ensteele 04-06-2005 09:16 PM

That looks like it could be a fun car. :rolleyes: :)

RobSVX 04-06-2005 09:30 PM

All depends on the weight. I know that the little 4 banger has great low-end torque, but will it be enough ?
Reminds me of the Lotus Elise, which is a BLAST to drive.

I'm impressed it appears to have coilover suspension and is rear wheel drive.

I agree, looks like a fun car !!!

Chiketkd 04-06-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
Words cannot convey the conflict in my mind that sets in when I say the following words:

I'm not going to get into my reasons for disliking Saturn. I'm not here to get into another argument over GM. I am posting to declare my love for this:

http://www.saturn.com/saturn/showroo...10&flashOK=yes

This thread is starting to sound like one of mine from before - let's see, first I was obsessed with the S60R, then the MazdaSpeed 6 and my latest craze has been the Legacy 2.5GT.

Btw, the Sky looks amazing. It'll be a cold day in hell before I bring home a two seat car though... :rolleyes:

-Chike

LarryIII 04-07-2005 05:16 AM

Nick,

The Solstice, Sky, and an unnamed Opel 2-seater are going to be built at the GM plant in Newark, DE. It is about 10-12 miles from my house. They always test pre-production and production models on local roads. When I see some, I will take photos & post them.

immortal_suby 04-07-2005 08:09 AM

Quote:

I didn't want to have to do this, but,
You're Fired.

Pack up your things and get out of here.

:p j/k

Mr. Pockets 04-07-2005 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
I didn't want to have to do this, but,
You're Fired.

Pack up your things and get out of here.

Dude, I know. My criteria for a car is pretty narrow right now. Passenger seating, cargo space, fuel economy, size, bad-weather ability - all these are secondary to one thing for me right now: will the car be fun (and competitive) to autocross? So I look for focused sports cars. Most are eliminated easily - even DSMs because they starve out of fuel in high-speed turns. That's not a sign of a focused sports car.

Never in a million years would I have expected one to come from Saturn. Again, we'll have to see once they're actually on the market, but the ingredients look fantastic.

mohrds 04-07-2005 09:12 AM

Quote:

Dude, I know.Never in a million years would I have expected one to come from Saturn. Again, we'll have to see once they're actually on the market, but the ingredients look fantastic.

If it works for your needs, get it no matter what the name badge is. That thought pattern is what contributed to the low sales of the SVX (well, that and the piss-poor advertising).

Hell, if Yugo was still imported to the US and fit your needs, I'd say get it.

Doug

immortal_suby 04-07-2005 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mohrds
Hell, if Yugo was still imported to the US and fit your needs, I'd say get it.

Doug

Aw hell Doug, now you're fired too.

Anyone else want the axe?

If you guys keep this up I'll lock this thread.

mohrds 04-07-2005 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Aw hell Doug, now you're fired too.

Anyone else want the axe?

If you guys keep this up I'll lock this thread.

Aw come on, give me another chance. :(

Earthworm 04-07-2005 11:25 AM

That car kinda has a "me too" look to it (Miata, S2000...)

benebob 04-07-2005 11:39 AM

Its really not a saturn, 99% of the styling and work was done at Opel if I remember correctly. GM just wanted to be able to sell it here so it got the rebadge.

SHISVX 04-07-2005 01:13 PM

i think it is quite nice...a rather cool chick magnet!

just kidding ;)

Kelli