The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   totaled???? (Plow and perch) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30971)

kuroneko_sama 01-18-2006 10:37 PM

totaled???? (Plow and perch)

i was driving down s I-89 and the road conditions were a bit on the slippery side i ended up between the exit taking out a exit sign post (launched that pole a good 30 feet) and the highway ontop... yes perched ontop the guardrail like it was a mantle.... all 4 wheels off the ground. its quite impressive that the little 3500lb tank of a car tore up that much guardrail (15 feet) and managed to not suffer any signifigant front end damage, fenders and lights and hood are all like new... i wish i had a camera... looked like a crane lowered it onto the guard rail, if not for the path of destruction left behind youd think it had been.

the body recieved almost no damage at all (dont know how i didnt shatter the bumper and cave in the nose) but ill need a new front bumper probly... all the damage was done underneath... damn guardrail posts:mad: ... i know my radiator is junk as i lost all my coolant while it was perched out the underside. exhaust probly took a good shot as well being jammed on and ripped off the guardrail....damn wrecker truck:mad:... no other fluids apprantly came out.

the car rolls freely and it didnt stall after it stopped on top the guardrail, i put it in park and shut the engine off myself.

the transmission seems to let it shift from park to neutral withthe keys in it, i didnt restart the engine considering the coolant was gone.

ill probly need some axle work

it needs paint

i pray to god it didnt suffer frame damage

it has 88k on it

i have about $4500 on the loan left

anyone know the chances of the insurance company fixing or totaling the car??

if its totalled ill have a parts car/will be parting out...and will be looking to buy another (anyone in or near NH selling????):(

i do hope its fixed

i never plan to not have an svx, if anyone has a radiator/other parts, pm me... if anyone has any advice id appreciate it... if anyone has a car for sale (better shape than mine is currently in) let me know

ill let everyone know the verdict of the insurance company when it gets towed to my gf's father's shop in canaan

its currently at the "star brake" in concord on manchester street

worst part is i had finally got it jsutthe way i wanted it:o

ensteele 01-18-2006 10:41 PM

Sorry to hear that your car was damaged. :( I hope that the insurance will repair it, but it is hard to say. :(

kuroneko_sama 01-18-2006 10:45 PM

what is the nada value... anyone know?

kuroneko_sama 01-18-2006 10:45 PM

well at least its a fwd model so i didnt suffer any of that driveshaft/rear diff damage an awd would have

i dont suppose youd be willing to part with one of yours if it is????:p

(only half kidding earl)

SilverSpear 01-18-2006 11:37 PM

Sorry to hear about the accident, but pls do post pics if you can find a camera.

huck369 01-19-2006 05:23 AM

Sorry to hear about the accident....

I have a radiator if you end up fixing it....

I'd say if it didn't puncture the oil pan, nor th etranny pan, and didn't blow an airbag, you should be able to fix it easy enough, probably just some exhaust work and a radiator, and maybe a AC condensor, and some paint work on the front bumper (maybe another bumper)

Best of luck on the repairs...

Boxer6SVX 01-19-2006 09:24 AM

Sounds to me like you made out VERY lucky! If its as you say then i doubt insurance will total it. Usually its body and frame damage that totals cars, not a radiator, exhaust, and a bumper.

Best of luck!

TomsSVX 01-19-2006 11:03 AM

Sounds like you were making some pretty good time in those slippery conditions. Hope all works out for the best

Tom

kuroneko_sama 01-20-2006 09:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
well ill fix it regardless of what the insurance will do. they nada valued it at 3900, and i owe about 4500 on it and the damage is possibly running about the same. depending on the body work. and any unseen stuff. ill take a picture or 12 when i get it on the lift (before and after)
here is what it looked like before in october (and i know that wheel was backwards...had a blowout and that was my full size spare..all tires got replaced in november)

Attachment 6754

Attachment 6777

kuroneko_sama 01-20-2006 09:57 AM

im having it pulled in tomorrow if anyone has a parts car and is willing ot help a guy out, let me know ill be posting some WTB parts tomorrow

kuroneko_sama 01-22-2006 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
first pic, ill have more up tomorrow when the insurance guy takes a peek.
Attachment 6776

as i siad i expected MUCH more damage from a highway sign pole and 15 feet of guardrail head on end to end

TomsSVX 01-22-2006 09:54 PM

betcha that guardrail bill will cost more than the parts...

Tom

Phast SVX 01-22-2006 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomsSVX

Tom

my thoughts exactly.....

kuroneko_sama 01-23-2006 12:39 AM

Quote:

thank god for insurance:D

huck369 01-23-2006 05:30 AM

Might have to do a little pulling on the lower radiator support, but looks like an easy fix to me.