The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Reading Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Reading Dinner info and poll for those who have signed up. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25055)

benebob 03-15-2005 09:01 AM

Reading Dinner info and poll for those who have signed up.

1. Benebob (1 Adult)
2. thndrmtn92svx (1, do I have to be adult? )
3. Subafreak and Ms. Freak (Shudders), Church!!)
4. newsvx (1) Only me going, unfortunately
5. Ron (1 Adult and a box of wine to boot)
6. MikeCG (1 30yr old kid)
7. Larry III & The Beautiful Naviguesser (2 adults looking for low carb canoli)
8. Green1995SVX (1)
9. GreenMarineSVX (2)
10. Aredubjay (1 -- maybe 2)
11. svxcess (1)
12. robricc (1 at least, but probably 2)
13. Mr.Rotorflyr, Mrs. Rotorflyr and Baby Rotorflyr (3, 2 adults 1 infant, will need a high chair)
15. Svxfiles and green_eyed_lady
16. Mohrds and Brian (2 adults)
17. Warren and Sandy
18. Hocrest and Melis

Here's the list! It is now officially closed. IF YOU MISSED IT OUR STILL WANT TO GO EMAIL me at blroth@yahoo.com or PM me here. DO NOT just add your name to this list. No promises from this point on but I will see what I can do. No idea what or how any prizes for the rally will happen if we feel like doing a rally now since we can't seem to get participation in most everything else that we spend our time working on. We will now work on a menu with the restaurant.

Since there are so few my idea at this point is to get some choices from the restaurant (like 3-4 to chose from that are all priced the same) include the tip then get everybody the price to have in cash that evening as everyone here seems to be the "regulars" anyways. I would need to know your meal choices prior though (once we come up with them)

Second option would be simply to have ya choose of the menu (so long as the restaurant will go for it and have each table come up with the bill). This to me is always the most difficult because someone always ends up getting stuck covering the tip for others, etc.

Final option is to decide on a meal or two and then have a family style dinner at each table.

Please, let me know what everyone thinks in the next couple days then we will make the decision based on that. Also, ANY VEGANS, VEGATARIANS OR special dieters out there?

The restaurant is typically closed on Saturday evenings so we will have it to ourselfs. The lot, however, is not the biggest so we're hoping that carpooling happens. Thank you everybody for being understanding.

A very tired and disappointed benebob

mohrds 03-15-2005 09:59 AM

Thank you for your hard work.

It does seem that people are much more pre-occupied with other stuff this year, but I still think it will be a great event!

Doug

Hocrest 03-15-2005 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob
Since there are so few my idea at this point is to get some choices from the restaurant (like 3-4 to chose from that are all priced the same) include the tip then get everybody the price to have in cash that evening as everyone here seems to be the "regulars" anyways. I would need to know your meal choices prior though (once we come up with them)

Second option would be simply to have ya choose of the menu (so long as the restaurant will go for it and have each table come up with the bill). This to me is always the most difficult because someone always ends up getting stuck covering the tip for others, etc.

Final option is to decide on a meal or two and then have a family style dinner at each table.

The second option probably isn't a good one. Seeing as she doesn't really have a "dinner menu". Her dinner menu runs along the lines as your first option and changes from night to night.

I personally like the first option.

If you have any suggestions on specific menu items, mention them now. Of course, she can't do 30 different menus. But, since it is looking like 30 meals rather than 70 like she was originally told, I'm sure she can be somewhat flexible with the planning.

svxcess 03-15-2005 03:58 PM

Since we are already back at the Morgantown Holiday Inn (with a great bar), have we considered seeing what the restaurant there will be willing to do for the group?

It may be short notice, but there would be no problem with parking, carpooling, etc. Now that we have come back, they may be willing to go the little extra in order to keep us happy.

benebob 03-15-2005 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svxcess
Since we are already back at the Morgantown Holiday Inn (with a great bar), have we considered seeing what the restaurant there will be willing to do for the group?

It may be short notice, but there would be no problem with parking, carpooling, etc. Now that we have come back, they may be willing to go the little extra in order to keep us happy.

You would think they'd be happy to have us back but from what I hear you would be wrong. They wanted $250 just for a room rental. Add that up and it translates into $5 a person based on 50 (which we can't even come close to anyways. We'd be looking at $30 a person at least. Virtually all options have been searched in the area. It really doesn't help being back as there isn't much around there unlike the other location plus it isn't that close to any of the planners.

Besides, personally I'd rather give my money to a start up business owner than a huge corp that can't see past the bottom line anyways. Besides, she's family as she's related to a memeber and she drives a Subaru. Trust me you won't be disappointed with the food, or atmosphere.

The parking shouldn't be a huge issue as I'd guess 10 cars will fit there and we already know Ron shouldn't be driving by that point in the day
:eek: .

MNYPNNY 03-15-2005 08:48 PM

You have my complete understanding and sympathy when it comes to organizing dinner (yet some who didn't actually attend still criticized my attempts... :rolleyes: ). It's not easy when no one will commit.
My name's on the list and I'm up for anything as long as chicken is not the only item on the menu.
Can't wait!

Aredubjay 03-16-2005 09:17 AM

1. Benebob (1 Adult)
2. thndrmtn92svx (1, do I have to be adult? )
3. Subafreak and Ms. Freak (Shudders), Church!!)
4. newsvx (1) Only me going, unfortunately
5. Ron (1 Adult and a box of wine to boot)
6. MikeCG (1 30yr old kid)
7. Larry III & The Beautiful Naviguesser (2 adults looking for low carb canoli)
8. Green1995SVX (1)
9. GreenMarineSVX (2)
10. Aredubjay (2 -- UPDATED)
11. svxcess (1)
12. robricc (1 at least, but probably 2)
13. Mr.Rotorflyr, Mrs. Rotorflyr and Baby Rotorflyr (3, 2 adults 1 infant, will need a high chair)
15. Svxfiles and green_eyed_lady
16. Mohrds and Brian (2 adults)
17. Warren and Sandy
18. Hocrest and Melis

LarryIII 03-16-2005 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob

The parking shouldn't be a huge issue as I'd guess 10 cars will fit there and we already know Ron shouldn't be driving by that point in the day
:eek: .

Ben,

Ron brings new meaning to the word "tailgating", since the spoiler on his SVX comes equipped with the optional 'Box-O-Wine'.

Ron Mummert 03-16-2005 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII
Ben,

Ron brings new meaning to the word "tailgating", since the spoiler on his SVX comes equipped with the optional 'Box-O-Wine'.

With all the quibbling over the cuisine, you see why I always tote a box lunch.

I say we rent a stretch Amish buggy limo, & do the church thing.

I'll eat anything not containing tofu, sprouts, or the insides of farm animals.

Ron.

newsvx 03-16-2005 08:45 PM

Ben,
Sorry there does not seem to be much support. Last year the dinner was a blast!! People just don't know what they will be missing - and those not even signed up for Reading VI don't know what they are missing either.
As for the menu, I would suggest Option one, however, at this point I would keep it very simple - the KISS principle applies!

Thanks for all ya'll's hard work on this meet. I don't care how many come - those that don't? It is their loss! I am looking forward to getting together with "all of the regulars! Now THAT's the real FAMILY!!!!! :D . This will be a great meet!!!!!!!!! Regardless. But Ben, don't you or the others helping lose any money on this deal! Okay? Us regulars will make sure you don't!

BTW, I'll take the responsibility of getting Ron to the dinner - he would need help anyway, but certainly by then :rolleyes: ;) .

Harry

Ron Mummert 03-16-2005 09:23 PM

But Ben, don't you or the others helping lose any money on this deal! Okay? Us regulars will make sure you don't!

This is Harry's way of saying dinner's on him. Woo-hoo!
Pass the fois gras.

Ron (OK - SOME innards).

LarryIII 03-17-2005 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Mummert
I'll eat anything not containing tofu, sprouts, or the insides of farm animals.

Ron.

Ron,

Don't be so lilly livered. Show some intestestinal fortitude.
How could you sprout such tripe? :D ;)

newsvx 03-17-2005 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryIII
Ron,

Don't be so "lilly livered". Show some "intestestinal fortitude".
How could you sprout such "tripe"? :D ;)

Okay. here we go. Ithas started again! :eek: :D

Don't we love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Harry

Aredubjay 03-17-2005 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsvx
Ben,
Sorry there does not seem to be much support. Last year the dinner was a blast!! People just don't know what they will be missing - and those not even signed up for Reading VI don't know what they are missing either.
As for the menu, I would suggest Option one, however, at this point I would keep it very simple - the KISS principle applies!

Thanks for all ya'll's hard work on this meet. I don't care how many come - those that don't? It is their loss! I am looking forward to getting together with "all of the regulars! Now THAT's the real FAMILY!!!!! :D . This will be a great meet!!!!!!!!! Regardless. But Ben, don't you or the others helping lose any money on this deal! Okay? Us regulars will make sure you don't!

BTW, I'll take the responsibility of getting Ron to the dinner - he would need help anyway, but certainly by then :rolleyes: ;) .

Harry

Aye, there's the rub. Folks don't realize that it's not about the dinner, it's about "da peeps." :) It's not about the cars, it's about the comp'ny. And, to us "regulars," it's usually the only time during the year that we get to hang out with each other. That said, let's see if we can't get more cooperation, y'all. Time's short -- I'm looking forward to it -- in fact, I "NEED" it. :D

Aredubjay 03-17-2005 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsvx
Okay. here we go. Ithas started again! :eek: :D

Don't we love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Harry

Talk about your PUN ditz. :D