The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Every member please check in here! (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22044)

tiv0 03-24-2008 04:03 PM

hell0

might be a little late on finally reading this thread, but who cares

im trevor jaixen; age 16
living in omaha, Nebraska
i have a '92 claret LSL with a stage 1 ECU
my svx has about 165k miles on it
it went through jon simmons, president of the subaru club here in nebraska (maybe former president), then it went to some guy named mitch. after that my step brother bought it from him and eventually it was sold to me.
ive been a member of this site for a few months now

just recently i installed the ecutune stage 1 chip so i can now run on 87 octane (and i'll let you know, that climbing under the drivers side dash to remove the ecu box is no easy task. the bolts holding that thing in are hard to get to, but in the end it's worth it)

i dont know too much about the technical stuff of cars, but id say i know a bit more than the average 16 year old
but to be honest with you, this site has helped me out a lot

JLHollowX13 04-06-2008 07:55 AM

well ive been a member on this site for a few months now and i have never "checked in" so i thought i would.

im John Logan, 18 years old in Divide CO (about 40 min from CO springs)
got a 92 silver/black lsl 142,xxx miles

ive had my svx a little bit before i joined the network. before i owned a 94 saturn 5 speed. good car, no power, sorta fun, but not really haha. got it cheap, first car i had ever paid for myself, and sorta my first car ever.... i owned a mid 80's nissan pickup for a short time, then had a "loaner" 94 toyota corolla for awhile.

my saturn was the car that got me into learning all i could about cars. after i bought it and had to do some work to it i began to enjoy working on cars. i was a memeber of a saturn forum too, which is where i learned about the online car community. ever since i have worked on my own vehicles and have done pretty much all my own work. svx has only been in the shop once and my saturn was only in once. my svx because there was a few feet of snow on the ground and i couldnt put the cv axle in (i have no garage). saturn because i had no idea wtf was going on with it! haha ended up being the coolant temp sensor, which i couldve done myself but the shop did it anyway without my permission. ever since then the radiator leaked, which reinforces my desire to not let anyone but myself work on my stuff. if i break it oh well, i have to pay, but if someone else does, i just get mad. ive done alot between the svx and saturn. from wheel bearing assemblies to sensors to gaskets. pretty much anything that doesnt involve the motor being removed.

i have done a few things to my svx, just general maintainance, cv axle, tires, transmission work, and soon to come a new differential/fix the one ive got. i havent really done any mods except for the power mode and the ecu crush.

i definitely want to keep this thing going. i love this car and it is a blast to drive. everyone loves it and it definitely does well in the snow (which is one reason i bought it). they are a little expensive parts wise, but preventive maintainance is key. i wish i had owned it from day 1, but then again i was what.... 3 or 4 years old at the time haha.

the svx is a great car, but i have to complain on the design of where the spark plugs go, on my saturn i could have them changed in a few minutes. on the svx, well thats another story. every car has its errors though, i had to drop the oil pan on the saturn numerous times, and to do that the exhaust had to come off, flywheel cover, pretty much everything underneath that car haha.

anyway, this network is amazing and i have recieved alot of help. this is definitely the place to be if you have an svx. thanks to everyone that has helped me or will help me in the future (as i WILL need help about something, i dont know everything, thats for sure)

Fancycargal 04-16-2008 09:08 PM

Logging in before Reading

Thought it was about time I did. Been lurking for eons, on and off. Have had my polo green '95 LSi for c. 10 years. Saw it on the Car Talk site (so pristine), flew to Texas to grab it and drive back to MD. I come from three generations of automotive types, but the family still doesn't understand my love affair with the SVX. It's just so easy on the eyes, among other attributes. I remember the first time I saw one, just walking in a parking lot to get to my own car. I stopped in my tracks, jaw dropped. Walked around, my ex just couldn't understand why I was lingering! Beautiful design, in and out, can't be beaten. In deference to that, and the fact that I am SO far from being a mechanic, my baby is totally stock.

I hope to connect with some MD types (or other Mid-Atlantic people) at Reading so I don't feel like the Lone Ranger with the weird car....

KFC_Or_Bust 04-20-2008 12:14 AM

Hi, Chris aka KFC_Or_Bust here checking in from mine and paladinwkh's hotel room at Reading IX, been a registered lurker for almost a year but a guest for about two. Never owned an SVX, don't really have any intentions to own one but who knows. ;)

ehames005 04-23-2008 07:21 PM

new guy here I have love SVX's for a long time and have owned 2 a 1992 silver one and the one that I have now a pearl white 92 with 113000 miles and I love it but because of a growing family it is looking like I may have to sell it soon for a 4 door car:mad:

kwren 04-23-2008 11:15 PM

not really!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehames005 (Post 543808)
new guy here I have love SVX's for a long time and have owned 2 a 1992 silver one and the one that I have now a pearl white 92 with 113000 miles and I love it but because of a growing family it is looking like I may have to sell it soon for a 4 door car:mad:

Not really have to sell the car! there are plenty of families looking to adopt kids! You could list them on Craig's list!

Anyway...Don't think I have ever checked in here so here goes. ( I am such a rebel):lol:

I am presently driving a new sub loaner from the dealer because my SVX is being tested at a Subaru dealer. Been there 31 days being tested to find out why the engine doesn't run right. yes, 31 days... not a type-o. I really miss it but they are taking good care of it! Lots of great people on this SVX firm!
Every day someone "makes my day"
I was wondering today how many people call this site "home" and checked in and noticed new folks were signing in!
If anyone knows, maybe a private message to me??
Thanks, and take care...
Keith

ehames005 04-24-2008 09:34 AM

Im told my wife Im keep in my SVX till the bitter end espesaly now when I looked to trade it in and the offered me $500:confused: I laughed in there face and said I would not give them a wiff of the exhaust for that money!:D then promptly left In by beautiful SVX. Im sure I can stuff a kid or tow in the back:lol:

Flipper 04-24-2008 02:39 PM

Hi. I'm Zbyszek but they call me Flipper.
I was a everyday visitor to SVX World Network for many months now. Just was looking for information on SVX which I intended to buy… and I bought it – also thank to You all!

SVX is a rare car here… very rare, so I needed couple of years to find it… and I did! :)
December 1996 LSi with just under 60 000 miles on it :) Pure stock, previous owners did a great job keeping it in really good shape! I intend to keep it like that as long as I can :)

I have to be honest with You all… I work at the General Subaru Distributor in Poland - from 2000 as a media support and from 2005 in IT/Marketing Division. I’m also founder and Admin of Official Subaru Forum here… so… I know what I’ve just bought… it’s a Subaru… but it has a soul… for me… more than GT’s, STI’s or any other!

Right now just a few pictures after first drives: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photopost/...6245&protype=1
More pictures coming soon…

Right now I have not much time to visit SVX WN cause of preparing for annual - 5th Subaru Meet called “Zlot Plejad” (means not less then “The Plejads Meeting”) in Poland.
SVX will be present there as a show car :) of Subaru Poland so pictures will be soon available.

That should be enough for my first post here. A long one – sorry :)

Regards
Flipper

tiv0 04-24-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipper (Post 543939)
December 1996 LSi with just under 60 000 miles on it :) Pure stock, previous owners did a great job keeping it in really good shape! I intend to keep it like that as long as I can :)

very nice looking svx you've got there

Flipper 04-24-2008 03:07 PM

Thank You... and the best is... it's a US-spec :D

MiniGuy77 05-08-2008 11:05 PM

hi, i'm either called tim, or mini...i'm usually found driving around in the Fraser Valley just outside of Vancouver BC Canada....

i own a laguna blue 1994 svx lsi and have for almost 2 years. i'm new to lurking here as i've only been here once to find out what to do with a problem i had with my car. i bought this car purely by chance while looking for a car to buy. when i saw it, i fell in love with it.

before i bought the car, i knew it was gonna need a bunch of things done to get it running perfectly, but i bought it anyway. mainly it needed new seals and gaskets(especially the head gasket) and a cv joint replaced. after, i've used it as my one and only car and it has been quite kind to me. in 2 years(disregarding the stuff i knew needed fixing when i bought the car) it had a weird problem with the abs(that you guys helped me with and cost me $0), and the alternator went this year.

i bought it with 160,000 kms and im now at 188,500kms on the odometer. i take good care of it even tho the appearance is riddled with dings, scratches and scrapes. unless this car dies, i'll never sell it...

im gonna try to look here a bit more often, see who else lives around me cause i know i've seen 2 other subaru svx's in abbotsford BC alone...and a couple more in and around vancouver...anyways...cya around!

ensteele 05-09-2008 08:25 AM

Welcome to the site. I am on the other side of the boarder, and quite a few around here too. Watch the NW forum for meets in this area. :)

Pav625 05-09-2008 04:01 PM

Hey, I'm Matt (or Pav), been lurking around on here for a little over a year now. Have a 92 LSL & attended my first Reading this year. Had a blast & look forward to attending more!

aust92pearl 05-17-2008 09:49 PM

hi im joel im from new south wales ,Australia i bought my svx four months ago build date may 92 pearl with black roof so far ive had no major problems with her except the death of my heater core resulting in wet feet for the pasenger hehe but i dried her all out and bypassed the busted core and i have a few bits of rust in my sunroof :,(

svxistentialist 05-18-2008 04:10 AM

Welcome!

Quote:

Originally Posted by aust92pearl (Post 547945)
hi im joel im from new south wales ,Australia i bought my svx four months ago build date may 92 pearl with black roof so far ive had no major problems with her except the death of my heater core resulting in wet feet for the pasenger hehe but i dried her all out and bypassed the busted core and i have a few bits of rust in my sunroof :,(

Nice to have another Joe on the show!!. :D

You're very welcome Joe. I hope we can help you keep your car running well. Heater cores have broken on a few people, but not so many you could say it was usual or common.

If you are interested in fixing the heater you should look out for engine importers, I know there are a few in Australia, if I can find the links I'll post them for you. These guys tend to buy front chops. In the case where somebody is buying the engine for a transplant to an SVX or to a sand buggy or boat or plane, the heater will be redundant, so you should be able to get a core easily.

Joe:)