The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Lancaster County Motors (Long Post) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14137)

Green1995SVX 10-31-2003 05:18 PM

Lancaster County Motors (Long Post)

It's always been my place in the past to have a positive review of this dealership, and i've referred a number of people there in the past. I was under the impression that they were a class act, and though expensive, you really got what you paid for. I was VERY wrong.

Let me explain what happened:

A little over a year ago, I had my rear wheel bearings and housings replaced by lancaster county motors. I went all out and did both so that I wouldn't have to worry about them again for a long time (per their advice). I ended up paying a little over $1100 for the repair.

In the beginning of the summer, I began to notice a bit of noise from the rear of the car, but I attributed it to tire noise as the tires on my car were wearing and I have had the experiance that tires tend to become more noisy as they reach the end of their usable life. I drive my svx very rarely (about twice every month or so) so i didn't really think much of it past that. Last week i took my SVX to Kerven Subaru for its semi-annual checkup and the technician there informed me that both my rear bearings were failing.

Because of this news I immediately called Lancaster County Motor's service department and I spoke with a service writer who informed me that the service manager was in a meeting. I explained my situation to her and left my callback information and asked her to please have him/her call me back as soon as he/she was available. She agreed. As of this morning I still had not received a call (7 days).

I called my dad who lives in Lancaster and requested that he stop in and try to get some sort of action this way. My dad visted the Lancaster County Motors this afternoon. The service writer would not allow my dad to speak with the service manager who was in plain view in an office behind the counter. The service writer kept going back to the manager and coming back to my dad with what the manager said. Lancaster County motor's only action was to offer 10% off parts and labor for a second repair. My dad informed the service writer that he was very disappointed with that solution as he was under the impression that Lancaster County Motors was a very reputible dealership. He then left.

It is my opinion that this is simply rediculous.

I'm not sure where to go from here, but I am having Kerven Subaru replace the bearings on Tuesday. I want to let someone at LCM know what happened and that I am very upset with the situation, but I can't get through to anyone on the phone there. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mike

Shot king 10-31-2003 05:29 PM

Get enough people on the Network to call there and ask them why they gave one of our fellow member/ moderators such bad service. Kinda tye up the business line a lil bit till they crack.

Bobb 10-31-2003 05:51 PM

Parts

Hi Mike,I thought Subaru parts had a warranty on them. Like one year. Also the fact that you are calling from Kerven might have something to do with it. Take care, BOBB

Green1995SVX 10-31-2003 05:58 PM

They dont know I work for Kerven. Also, subaru parts have a 1 year warranty. It's been 14 months.

Mike

LarryIII 11-01-2003 05:16 AM

Mike,

If you still have your copy of the bill, look at the back. The 'fine print' should say that the job is warranteed for one year. That includes parts and labor. That's the way Rafferty Subaru bills read and I think it is pretty much a standard among Subaru dealers.
Good Luck.

SHISVX 11-01-2003 06:04 AM

that is so beat mike :( give us their phone number so we can have a field day!

Kelli

benebob 11-01-2003 08:32 AM

Lancaster County Motors. Exhaust stud for a BRAT= $17.43 plus tax.
Cumberland Valley Motors. Same exhaust stud= $5.63 with tax!!!!

I now drive a freaking hour one way for stupid little parts and o-rings.

Chicane 11-01-2003 09:15 AM

Hey, I have unlimited long distance on my cell phone... just post their number here, and we can all call them up and give them a sob story like we were going to bring our STis there and get them serviced but because of them wronging you, we feel we should go somehwere else. I'm sure after like 30 calls they'll reconsider.

If that doesn't work, just bring a dead horse head into the guy's bed at night.

- Rob

SHISVX 11-01-2003 09:24 AM

no rob, just steal his wipers!

Kelli:D

the godfather, that is classic!

seriously mike, post that number! and let NASCIO (sp?) know about this...they are fellow subie drivers, i think they wouldn't mind being informed of the lousy workmanship

ensteele 11-01-2003 09:35 AM

I would do what Larry III suggested, and then if that does not help, I would write a nice letter explaining your case to them. It probably won't help, but at least you told them what happened. :(

marlettpat 11-01-2003 10:01 AM

how bout me and ben go down and kick some butt!

Green1995SVX 11-01-2003 02:01 PM

As I posted previously, earl and larry, i didnt report the bearing failure until the 14th month. The warranty period is 1 year. They were bad before that but I thought it was tire noise. Lancaster County Motors thinks I'm not telling the truth about that.

Mike

Landshark 11-01-2003 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Green1995SVX
As I posted previously, earl and larry, i didnt report the bearing failure until the 14th month. The warranty period is 1 year. They were bad before that but I thought it was tire noise. Lancaster County Motors thinks I'm not telling the truth about that.

Mike

i believe you. ;)
that sucks - stuff always seems to break immediately after the warranty is expired. at least you didn't have them replace your transmission!

T.McCaw 11-01-2003 05:55 PM

So if you don't drive it much, what is the milage on your bill and the milage on the car now. One year would equal what 10 15 thousand miles. Give em hell.They should last what 50,000? Ask for the dealer rep.

Tom

bthomas 11-02-2003 03:17 PM

file a report with the BBB thats what I did with wheelguyz.com after the guy cussed me out and called me an idiot after I told him the lugs nuts he sold me were no good. However, still no response