The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   New SVX Owner. (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=52863)

thissoan 01-17-2010 11:40 PM

New SVX Owner.

GDay fellow SVX members.
:) My name is Pete, I'm new and from Melbourne. I am proud new owner of silver 1993 SVX which I bought three weeks ago. Currently in the workshop rebuilding the tranny:rolleyes:. Its my fourth subaru. Ive had my eye out for an SVX for last couple of years. It worries my alittle knowing how rare they are but to me its the best looking subaru ever made. Looking forward to exchanging info and advise about how to best to maintain them, hope to see and hear from other members around the place, all the best.......Pete (thissoan).

Trevor 01-19-2010 11:22 AM

Re: New SVX Owner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thissoan (Post 631117)
GDay fellow SVX members.
:) My name is Pete, I'm new and from Melbourne. I am proud new owner of silver 1993 SVX which I bought three weeks ago. Currently in the workshop rebuilding the tranny:rolleyes:. Its my fourth subaru. Ive had my eye out for an SVX for last couple of years. It worries my alittle knowing how rare they are but to me its the best looking subaru ever made. Looking forward to exchanging info and advise about how to best to maintain them, hope to see and hear from other members around the place, all the best.......Pete (thissoan).

Kia ora Pete,

Very nice to have a Christian name to address.

I am little further down under than your location, but hasten to welcome you aboard. You will find swags of information in the technical section, all of which will help you a lot.

What ever, do not let anyone tell you that you have purchased any sort of lemon. The SVX is a very worthy top of the range vehicle in all respects and constitutes a bargain.;)

Enjoy your car, Trevor.

aust92pearl 01-19-2010 02:10 PM

hi pete welcome aboard :D

ensteele 01-19-2010 10:51 PM

Hi Pete

Welcome to the site. We are more than willing to help you any way we can. Enjoy the car. They are unique and a pleasure to drive. :)

svxistentialist 01-20-2010 03:29 AM

Hi there Pete! :)

As Trevor says the SVX is a way better car than the bad press would indicate.

Enjoy it and welcome to the Network!

Joe :)

[BTW while your car is having the gearbox fixed, if it does not already have an additional transmission oil cooler you should strongly consider fitting one. It is a cheap upgrade, easily fitted, and will protect your newly rebuilt transmission]

thissoan 01-21-2010 05:40 PM

Good to see you all, thank you for your kind replies.

Like i said earlier my SVX is currently getting the tranny rebuilt. I'm putting in a higher performance valvebody kit running a higher fluid pressure and higher clamping force with also an external tranny cooler and temp gauge. Thinking of putting the gauge where the ashtray is inside the dash.

See you all around

Regards

Pete(thissoan)

OzBloke 02-01-2010 03:42 AM

G'day Pete

Welcome to the forum mate. It is a wonderful source of information with really helpful members. It will be good to see another SVX around Melbourne.

Cheers