The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   FEAR THIS!! (or at least pretend to) (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20312)

red95svx 07-30-2004 07:58 AM

FEAR THIS!! (or at least pretend to)

On my way to work today I pulled up to a red light behind a bright yellow Ford Focus. I couldn't help but laugh as I read the "FEAR THIS" sticker this young girl had put in her rear window. Fear what? Your anemic 4 banger? The tough, muscular looks of your car that resembles an M&M?? Your long list of recalls?? What exactly should I fear? Maybe I should fear her driving?

Anyway, thanks to her my morning started off with a great laugh:)

Dave (OH NO! Is that a FORD FOCUS??? AARRGGHHH!!!! RUN!!!!)

GreenMarine 07-30-2004 08:16 AM

Re: FEAR THIS!! (or at least pretend to)

Quote:

Originally posted by red95svx
On my way to work today I pulled up to a red light behind a bright yellow Ford Focus. I couldn't help but laugh as I read the "FEAR THIS" sticker this young girl had put in her rear window. Fear what? Your anemic 4 banger? The tough, muscular looks of your car that resembles an M&M?? Your long list of recalls?? What exactly should I fear? Maybe I should fear her driving?

Dave (OH NO! Is that a FORD FOCUS??? AARRGGHHH!!!! RUN!!!!)

Hehehe, I'd fear all of the above :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Landshark 07-30-2004 08:24 AM

i fear the SRT-4 .........it is fastAr!!!11!!!one!!11!!

red95svx 07-30-2004 08:29 AM

I wouldn't care if it was the fastest car on the planet...it would still look like some sort of life-size Fisher Price toy:) How can we fear that? It's like asking people to fear Elmo:p :p

Dave

GreenMarine 07-30-2004 08:34 AM

Focus.... Not fast4r.... SVX..... Not Fast4r, but better looking :rolleyes:

Chiketkd 07-30-2004 08:47 AM

Re: FEAR THIS!! (or at least pretend to)

Funny story. Maybe those 17sec timeslips were starting to get to her head... :p :D

-Chike
Quote:

DeadlyDuck 07-30-2004 12:50 PM

Quote:

I wouldn't care if it was the fastest car on the planet...it would still look like some sort of life-size Fisher Price toy:) How can we fear that? It's like asking people to fear Elmo:p :p

Dave

You mean YOU aren't afraid of elmo?

PatrickB 07-30-2004 01:00 PM

i use to have a small 4-5" decal on the back of my mirage that said

"Who's Next?"

No one really ever got it on that car..till they raced it. Gotta have something to attract a little attention. :D

Chiketkd 07-30-2004 01:02 PM

What kinda times did your Mirage turn in the 1/4? Was it a sleeper *Evo* conversion??? :confused:

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by PatrickB
No one really ever got it on that car..till they raced it.

PatrickB 07-30-2004 01:12 PM

Quote:

i use to have a small 4-5" decal on the back of my mirage that said

"Who's Next?"

No one really ever got it on that car..till they raced it. Gotta have something to attract a little attention. :D

11.8@118mph

but i think it would have did better cause i got 8.1@92mph in the 1/8 on street tires.

http://www.patrickb.com/aboutmirage.jpg

Chiketkd 07-30-2004 01:22 PM

That's flying fast for a Mirage hatchback! :eek: Did you convert it to awd or was it fwd? Also, what kinda turbo did you use?

-Chike
Quote:

[B]11.8@118mph

PatrickB 07-30-2004 02:15 PM

big16g fwd it is 1/1600 mirage /colt turbo charged from the factory. a destroked 4g63 basicly it was replaced with a 4g63. fmic 550cc injectors and a safc

Chiketkd 07-30-2004 02:27 PM

That's just insane. Those 4G63 iron blocks are pretty much bullet proof and make a great tuner motor.

Sweet car dude!

-Chike

Aredubjay 07-30-2004 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by DeadlyDuck

You mean YOU aren't afraid of elmo?

My sentiments exactly.

I've feared him ever since I heard about the lady at the manufacturing plant who was sewing two large marbles between his legs, until her boss stopped her and exclaimed, "NO! I said give him two TEST TICKLES!" :eek: <rimshot> :D

Landshark 07-30-2004 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
I've feared him ever since I heard about the lady at the manufacturing plant who was sewing two large marbles between his legs, until her boss stopped her and exclaimed, "NO! I said give him two TEST TICKLES!" :eek: <rimshot> :D
<slaps knee> :D