The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Not much left, '92 AWD (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=64700)

Numbchux 10-03-2018 09:03 AM

Not much left, '92 AWD

Parting this thing out.

Definitely not available/usable:
-Engine/accessories/transmission gone
-Rear diff seized
-exhaust broken
-most body panels are wrecked
-curved upper glass sections
-obvious resellable parts were pulled long ago, lights, gauge cluster, radio, spoiler
-RH control arm bent
-LH tie rod bent (makes me question condition of the rack)
-radiator/evaporator
-glass has been busted out for about 10 years, so most upholstery is pretty ratty (although surprisingly not too bad, might have been covered for awhile)

Definitely good:
-Fuel door
-trunk lid
-I'll be using the RH door on the '97 due to rust, so I'll have an extra door card, window regulator etc.
-ABS pump, probably other under-hood stuff, though I might keep the big-bore master
-some interior plastics
-maybe wiper motors (if someone needs one, I'll pull it and put some power to it before shipping)
-fuel tank, AFAIK pump and sending unit are there, again I can bench test if there's interest
-rear bumper?
-rear glass, but I'm not pulling it (come pull it yourself, or I'd have a glass service come pull it).

But...anyone need anything?
https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1815/...6d19e43e_c.jpg
2018-07-31_08-28-28 by Numbchux, on Flickr

I probably won't get around to scrapping it until next spring. Located near Duluth, MN. Come pick up/pull yourself if you'd like, if your in the upper midwest, I can ship SpeeDee delivery for pretty cheap, or UPS. I don't want to deal with freight shipping (too big/heavy for parcel shipping).

RedLionSVX 10-10-2018 08:55 PM

Re: Not much left, '92 AWD

I don't need any large bits, but I need an owner's manual from the glovebox if its in there.

Numbchux 10-11-2018 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLionSVX (Post 749515)
I don't need any large bits, but I need an owner's manual from the glovebox if its in there.

doubtful, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Numbchux 10-12-2018 03:49 PM

Nothing in the glove box, so if the owner's manual is around, it probably on the floor, which means it's been wet for ~10 years.....you probably don't want it :eek:

ensteele 10-13-2018 07:04 PM

Is there a tray under the passengers seat?

Numbchux 10-16-2018 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 749525)

Nope, nothing there

Sean486 10-16-2018 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele (Post 749525)

I have a gray spare if you need one.

Numbchux 10-22-2018 01:08 PM

Dragged it out into the woods for the winter over the weekend. I spent a few minutes poking around for good parts....not much. Lower glass in the driver's door, and both rear lower quarter (roll down) glass sections. Probably rear window regulators/motors. Driver's visor holds itself up, but passenger sags a bit.

Won't be easily accessible until spring, but it's not gone yet.

Labmember0003 11-03-2018 08:03 PM

Any chance you have the steering intermediate shaft (the bit that goes between the column and the rack that has two u-joints on it)?

I am in pretty desperate need of one for my 92.

Numbchux 11-05-2018 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Labmember0003 (Post 749649)
Any chance you have the steering intermediate shaft (the bit that goes between the column and the rack that has two u-joints on it)?

I am in pretty desperate need of one for my 92.

Sorry, man. No good. Either from the crash or 10 years of crappy storage, it binds up really bad.

pppjr63 11-20-2018 07:56 AM

Hello from Ohio !
I have a '92 FWD that I am having new head gaskets installed. While the engine was out, we noticed the drivers side engine mount with the rubber cushion is bad. Any chance that you have one that is in good condition ?

Please advise ...

Numbchux 11-20-2018 08:11 AM

Nope, both mounts were held together by nothing but gravity.

I thought that an EJ mount could be used (assuming a new EG one isn't available), possibly with modification. I don't remember the details but do some searching in that direction. Motor mounts are a pretty normal wear item, I'm sure it's been dealt with before, and I certainly wouldn't want a used one.