The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Has anyone seen this beauty on eBay? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50584)

CigarJohnny 06-11-2009 11:39 AM

Has anyone seen this beauty on eBay?

Didn't see that anyone else posted this but there is a gem of a pearlie for sale on ebay right now. Gorgeous!

1992 Pearlie on ebay

Johnny

Sean486 06-11-2009 11:49 AM

Re: Has anyone seen this beauty on eBay?

It's SolarSVX's car. Did you seriously not know, or are just giving it a bump?

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50330

shelfy 06-11-2009 11:50 AM

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...hark/43225.jpg

1986nate 06-11-2009 12:09 PM

does anyone know how to look around on this forum:confused:

kwren 06-11-2009 01:39 PM

"Recently replaced timing belt and main crank bearing and cam seals new cv joints $1,000 in repairs"

WHY??

Main crank bearings with that lo mileage??

WestCoastSVX 06-11-2009 02:50 PM

You guys lay off Johnny, he owned a SVX and was posting here while half of you were still driving Hondas. :lol:

Just kidding, but it is good to see you around again, Johnny, haven't noticed you around much lately. But then again, I don't get to every corner of these forums these days so maybe you have been.

Not a huge fan of the whole "repost nagging", especially in fairly active forums with as many members as we have that come and go throughout the week.

For one thing, a topic can disappear to the 2nd page if a new post isn't added in a day or two. Or it might be in a different forum (in this case) than the one someone is about to post about it in.

For the "casual poster" that only comes here a few times a week for maybe 20 minutes at a time (re: person with a life), they are not going to see all the other threads necessarily. If they have something SVX related they want to share with the community, I'd rather they post it again rather than not post it for fear it is a "repost" and they don't have time to go make sure it isn't.

That's just me though.

ARED 97 06-11-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelfy (Post 604753)

That'll happen!!! :D

SubaROO 06-11-2009 05:03 PM

Wow. I was actually considering bidding on that car.

That's awesome that it belongs to a member of this forum. :)

CigarJohnny 06-12-2009 08:01 AM

Thanks, Troy! Some people have nothing better to do than bust on some us old timers. I actually haven't been on the site in ages and if I have it was just to make a quick post or look up something. I actually did view posts from the last week and didn't see anything from the headers before I started the thread. I suppose repost "naggers" need to do something to make themselves feel important. LOL.

Anyway the car is truly gorgeous and yeah, it needed a bump! :p

Johnny
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacGyver (Post 604781)
You guys lay off Johnny, he owned a SVX and was posting here while half of you were still driving Hondas. :lol:

Just kidding, but it is good to see you around again, Johnny, haven't noticed you around much lately. But then again, I don't get to every corner of these forums these days so maybe you have been.

Not a huge fan of the whole "repost nagging", especially in fairly active forums with as many members as we have that come and go throughout the week.

For one thing, a topic can disappear to the 2nd page if a new post isn't added in a day or two. Or it might be in a different forum (in this case) than the one someone is about to post about it in.

For the "casual poster" that only comes here a few times a week for maybe 20 minutes at a time (re: person with a life), they are not going to see all the other threads necessarily. If they have something SVX related they want to share with the community, I'd rather they post it again rather than not post it for fear it is a "repost" and they don't have time to go make sure it isn't.

That's just me though.

newsvx 06-12-2009 07:32 PM

Big John,
Always good to see you post - that way we know you are still looking at the grass from top-side! :lol:

And I like the "reposts", personally. I agree with Troy, if one is not on the network regularly, a post can be missed very easily. And when you see a SVX on Ebay, how are you supposed to know if it had been posted in a thread on our network anyway? And you are correct, that is a beautiful car!!!

Harry

Pierre-Olivier 06-13-2009 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarJohnny (Post 604748)
Didn't see that anyone else posted this but there is a gem of a pearlie for sale on ebay right now. Gorgeous!

1992 Pearlie on ebay

Johnny

Oh yeah ! Gorgeous !

svxistentialist 06-13-2009 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CigarJohnny (Post 604748)

1992 Pearlie on ebay

Johnny

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre-Olivier (Post 605036)
Oh yeah ! Gorgeous !

Hi Johnny, good to see you back on deck. :D

I think that car of Solar's is one of the nicest in the world! Very sweet car, lovely paint.

Plus I agree with Troy about the reposts. If a seldom visitor misses something, then maybe just mention the other thread and add a link for extra information. No point going on about it.

Joe :)

Sean486 06-13-2009 05:55 AM

That car's look is distinctive, and it has been discussed quite a bit around here. I think it is generally agreed to be one of the nicest SVX around. Honestly I thought it was somewhat famous in the SVX community, so when I read Johnny's post I couldn't tell if he was serious about not recognizing it. After I posted I thought for sure the response would be like "I know I was just kidding and trying to give it more attention". Anyhow it was not my intent to give Johnny a hard time.