The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Exactly one year ago today... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=5847)

WestCoastSVX 09-10-2002 03:19 PM

Exactly one year ago today...

It was exactly one year ago today, almost to the minute that I'm posting this in fact, that I walked out of the office to the parking garage and found my SVX sitting crooked in its spot, walked around to the front to see the front corner smashed in with little bits of signal light plastic strewn around, and a note under the wiper. :(

Victim of a careless employee driving her husband's 2001 4x4 Dodge Ram she obviously wasn't expert at yet. A sad moment, but I had $1800 in my hand within a week and one new signal assembly and a bra later, the car "looked" new. Thus began my quest to do a few body mods and save up to add to the insurance money for a complete new paint job. Until then, at least the car "looks" undamaged. :)

Green1995SVX 09-11-2002 06:09 AM

I remember you posting about that like it was yesterday. As they say, time flys...

Mike

WestCoastSVX 09-11-2002 01:02 PM

Something else I just thought of.

I was reminded of something else in reading a few posts today that loosely compared the Ca$h situation with the eddycat situation...

The last post before "The Garage" was closed down was 9/10/01...

And now, almost to the day, it looks like a similar situation has hopefully been averted. :)

Mr. Pockets 09-11-2002 01:21 PM

Re: Something else I just thought of.

Quote:

Originally posted by MacGyver
I was reminded of something else in reading a few posts today that loosely compared the Ca$h situation with the eddycat situation...

The last post before "The Garage" was closed down was 9/10/01...

And now, almost to the day, it looks like a similar situation has hopefully been averted. :)

And my name's been attached to that forum ever since. I'm so effing proud, I can't even tell you. :P

Ca$h 09-11-2002 01:42 PM

I just read some of the thread I THINK you guys are referring to.. and...heh... its kinda funny. Someone mentioned opening up a board called "SVX Rants" a board where all you do is ***** and complain and yell at each other.

WELL, the neon community did sucha thing. Point your browser over toward:

www.flameaway.com

NO rules basically. You can swear, you can rant, and there's even a section for naked chicks. :) Hehe. I'm "Thesenewboardssuck".

- Ca$h

Aredubjay 09-11-2002 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ca$h
I just read some of the thread I THINK you guys are referring to.. and...heh... its kinda funny. Someone mentioned opening up a board called "SVX Rants" a board where all you do is ***** and complain and yell at each other.

WELL, the neon community did sucha thing. Point your browser over toward:

www.flameaway.com

NO rules basically. You can swear, you can rant, and there's even a section for naked chicks. :) Hehe. I'm "Thesenewboardssuck".

- Ca$h

Instead of accommodating ranters, we can just point them to the URL you suggested. Then things can REALLY heat up when the Neon owners and SVX owners begin to rant. And, it can be done far, far from here. :D

Ca$h 09-11-2002 02:04 PM

go for it! The place was made to flame in! Flame on, but don't ***** when a neon owner wants to race you for pink slips. ;P

- Ca$h

I_Alcyone_I 09-11-2002 02:33 PM

Id race, do a mile or 2 mile race. No contest.

Ca$h 09-11-2002 02:53 PM

heh. Thats true.

- Ca$h