The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Svx sighting (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30651)

PhillsSvx 01-04-2006 02:30 AM

Svx sighting

I was driving on interstate 80 going to brockway pa. I just happened to see a Green svx pulled over with Florida tags on it. The hood was up and a guy named Tim was standing there steem rolling all over the place. i pulled over and asked him if i could help with anything. He replied "NO you proably dont even know what kind of damn car this is so no you cant help me" I was like its a svx i have 2 of them and he was like wow thats a 1st. He didnt know a thing about the car so i took a look coolant was pouring all over the place. Then i happened to see tranny fluid and looked up the entire bottem of the radiator was gone where the tranny cooler is. i was like holy **** he was like "is that bad?" i was like very and i told him i have one at home in clearfield and would sell it to him for 50 bucks. Tim and I then went back to Clearfield Pa i showed him my car and grabed my tool kit and the radaitor went to NAPA got coolant and tranny fluid and a pice of cooler hose. Got back on i80 and went back to his car. I pulled the raidator and put the used one in put a new pice of 3/8 tranny cooler hose on and filled it with coolant and tranny fluid. He was like wow your a life saver he handed me a 110 bucks i was like tis ony 50 he was like take it your one of a kind it would have costed me more to have it replaced. He was then like is there anything else you need i was like yeah when you get back to Jacksonville Fl get online and Join www.subaru-svx.net and wrote it down for him and then he said thanks again we got on our way.
Just a story i thouhg i would share with you guys
Lata
Phill

msvx95 01-04-2006 04:29 AM

That was very nice of you to help him out like that. I'm glad it was a fix that didnt' need to go to the dealer.:D

Ricochet 01-04-2006 10:41 AM

That was cool of you :cool:

Landshark 01-04-2006 11:41 AM

you are one good human. :) there aren't many left.

It's Just Eric 01-04-2006 02:00 PM

Good job. think he'll come to reading?

YellowBird 01-04-2006 06:09 PM

Let's see....with FLA tags, maybe I can get him to Atlanta. :rolleyes:

gest24 01-04-2006 06:25 PM

And why weren't you already in your own SVX cruising around? Either way great story. Highly doubt that'd happen out here in San Diego.

PhillsSvx 01-05-2006 12:31 AM

Well i use the ford tauras for trips i have 55k on the svx and i would like to keep it low so i really dont drive it on the interstate alot only in the summer

TomsSVX 01-05-2006 12:51 AM

Nice meeting, too bad the meet monster got there early:rolleyes: Good thing you came around or else he would have been stranded in PA for at least a week as Radiators are pricey and not always in stock at Stealerships

Tom

wynndi 01-05-2006 08:34 PM

Good Samaritan! I'd stop for any SVX I saw as well. "Pay it Forward."