The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Day off... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19008)

Mr. Pockets 06-01-2004 01:11 PM

Day off...

As if my routine wasn't already blown all to hell by working all three days ythis weekend, now I have the day off. The move into the new building isn't progressing quite as planned (there are only so many elevators), so it's doubtful the movers are going to ifnish moving all our stuff before the end of the day. Look at it this way: my office had two computers, two monitors, a TV, a chair and two boxes of stuff. And that was pretty minor compared to other peoples' offices.

Now multiply that amount of stuff by 80 employees and you'll see how long this is going to take. :)

Anyway, so I have the day off. It's beautiful outside, so I'm trying to find something to do...

Green1995SVX 06-01-2004 01:46 PM

Lawn Darts?

Chiketkd 06-01-2004 01:47 PM

Carve up your favorite scenic road in the SVX!

Landshark 06-01-2004 03:53 PM

chase butterflys?

Chiketkd 06-01-2004 04:01 PM

...or go jellyfish hunting if you're like Sponge Bob Square Pants!!! :p

-Chike
Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
chase butterflys?

Mr. Pockets 06-01-2004 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chiketkd
Carve up your favorite scenic road in the SVX!
There aren't many good 'carving' roads in a state as flat as this one.

But I did get outside. :)

Shadow248 06-01-2004 10:19 PM

Ahhh a nice day off and nothing to do? Use my solution...clean something.

If the car is already clean then clean something more obscure on it that doesn't always get cleaned...like the insides of the wheels and the calipers and suspension...if that's cleaned clean the engine...if that's clean, i'm sure that there's some little annoying problem on the car that you've been meaning to fix or diagnose but just never get the time, well here's the chance.

That's my solution.

Mr. Pockets 06-02-2004 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Shadow248
Ahhh a nice day off and nothing to do? Use my solution...clean something.

If the car is already clean then clean something more obscure on it that doesn't always get cleaned...like the insides of the wheels and the calipers and suspension...if that's cleaned clean the engine...if that's clean, i'm sure that there's some little annoying problem on the car that you've been meaning to fix or diagnose but just never get the time, well here's the chance.

That's my solution.

All very good suggestions, and normally I would. But it was so perfect outside and I really haven't explored much of my surroundings since I moved here. I went to a park outside of town with some friends.

HighwayUFO 06-02-2004 09:11 PM

You are not alone. I haven't had a day off Since 5/27 and it's not looking to get any better. I'm currently roofing during the day and delivering pizzas like a tired ass madman. Soooooooo tired.

Keith

JLittell 06-03-2004 05:00 PM

Did you know that lawn darts are legally banned?

Landshark 06-03-2004 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
pssst.....anyone wanna buy some lawn darts?

Andy 06-04-2004 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JLittell
These animal welfare laws are getting ridiculous.

Poor worms