The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Speaking of new cars... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10340)

Motorsport-SVX 04-27-2003 07:43 PM

Speaking of new cars...

1 Attachment(s)
I looked at a car today here in town Ive always liked
since I saw one growing up...
Very seriously thinking about buying this one to drive
around once in a while....the price is decent too.
Anyone recognize what it is and know about them ?
Hint, its an import too.....

jsvxstyle 04-27-2003 07:50 PM

LOL

ITS THE MOST COMFORTABLE CRUISER YOULL DRIVE

Bwana 04-27-2003 07:56 PM

I'm guessing it's a 1972 Citroen.

(ahaha, clever observation pays off again!)

Motorsport-SVX 04-27-2003 07:59 PM

so far so good

Quote:

Originally posted by Bwana
I'm guessing it's a 1972 Citroen.

(ahaha, clever observation pays off again!)

Ah , yes.....but do you know the specifics and technology
put into this car 30 yrs ago.?

Bwana 04-27-2003 08:03 PM

No, I just got the year and make from the file name that you attached. lol :D :D :p

lee 04-27-2003 08:23 PM

I've forgotten a lot about the SM, but I do remember it was the hottest thing out of France, and the rest of the world too for it's time. Do you think parts would be a nightmare?

Wasn't it featured in a Bond film or something like it in it's day. I saw a limo version once in Britanny in 1975.

I suppose you've seen this site: http://www.citroensm.net/

Motorsport-SVX 04-27-2003 11:31 PM

its surprising

parts are plentiful thru a place outta SanDiego...
and not too $ either.
I remember the 007 movie, but cant remember which one
it was...
Thanks for the tip on the site, not sure if Ive seen that one yet..
Let you know if I get it this week..
( I was headed towards a DeLorean, but they dont have adjustable factory ride height adjustment :) :) )

Seraph 04-27-2003 11:55 PM

I thought it had an air-ride on the system where at high speed, the car lower itself (also very nice since it does not need jacks for lifting up the car since it can lift itself up and all you have to do is insert a rod to keep it up).

L

zamorush 04-28-2003 12:11 AM

Re: Speaking of New Cars

Nothing bits this oldie.......... http://www.usedcars.ru/view_news.phtml?ID=1066

Vaz 2101. I was exaclty 1 month unborn when my grandpa purchased the 83 model. It was beautiful........ at that time, and very expencive too.

It had no luxury at all, drove like a tank, and with only 1.2L, 78hp, engine was very uneconomical. However, it was a russian car, and my Granpa had it for almost 15 years. Unfortunatelly you probably can't find one here, in US, unless you go to Canada. Fiat is very similar to it. (Vaz 2101 was build from Fiat model)

nik

Motorsport-SVX 04-28-2003 12:13 AM

close

Quote:

Originally posted by Seraph
I thought it had an air-ride on the system where at high speed, the car lower itself (also very nice since it does not need jacks for lifting up the car since it can lift itself up and all you have to do is insert a rod to keep it up).

L

Its pretty cool, it has a lever next to the drivers seat with 3 or 4 positions, you pick what you want, when you want...
One thing it always does after you shut off the motor and park it is drop down to the lowest setting (aprox 5")
Also, you can actually remove one rear wheel and still drive
the car with its self leveling system !!
On an History Ch. late nite show called Voyages, they did an hour
show about the history of the Citroen company from the beginning, very very cool.

Seraph 04-28-2003 12:38 AM

Re: close

Quote:

Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX

Its pretty cool, it has a lever next to the drivers seat with 3 or 4 positions, you pick what you want, when you want...
One thing it always does after you shut off the motor and park it is drop down to the lowest setting (aprox 5")
Also, you can actually remove one rear wheel and still drive
the car with its self leveling system !!
On an History Ch. late nite show called Voyages, they did an hour
show about the history of the Citroen company from the beginning, very very cool.

That is technology! That system kicks royal a$$. And look at when they had that too. It's amazing that none of the cars today have that. It is very nice to have for a flat tire.

L

LarryIII 04-28-2003 04:29 AM

In high school (1958-1962) my buddy's girlfriend's father had a Citroen DS-21. It had a 4 cyl. engine, auto trans, & "air over oil" suspension. I beleive it was a 1960 model. It was black. We used to double date in that car alot and IMHO it had the best back seat of any car in which I've ever ridden. That includes my dad's Sedan deVille.

Dayle,

Is that the Citroen-Maserati that you are looking at. If I recall correctly, Citroen teamed up with Maserati in the early 70's and they made a Maserati powered Citroen. I think Shadowing's (sp?) dad has one.

Clydesvx 04-28-2003 06:16 AM

It sure LOOKS LIKE a Citroen-Maserati!!

Green1995SVX 04-28-2003 08:12 AM

I have dreams about cars like that. That there is a true, import classic. I would love to have one of those... but I would rather have an svx or two. :)

Dayle you've already got the SVX's. Go for the Citroen!

Mike

Phast SVX 04-28-2003 10:39 AM

i thought you were going after a GT-R. Im gunna be really upset if when i go down there in a year its not there for me to get a ride in!
phil