The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Not Exactly SVX (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I work with a bunch of sissies (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30168)

Mr. Pockets 12-09-2005 06:56 AM

I work with a bunch of sissies

2 Attachment(s)
Take a look at these two pictures, which I took this morning with our parking lot security camera.

The first one shows a number of cars left here last night because their owners, all coworkers of mine, were too afraid to drive home. Two Evos, a Mustang and a quattro TT.

A quattro.

The next picture shows my car, a mid-engined RWD MR2, which made it home just fine. Hell, I ran a couple errands. Next to it is an M3, also abandoned last night. That guy has a bit of an excuse - he can't drive on dry pavement.

Sissies, I tell you.

SVXer95 12-09-2005 07:00 AM

I'm sure it is because if you don't have a big SUV or a FWD car, then your car will obviously not handle the snow. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chiketkd 12-09-2005 10:06 AM

Also, if you wrecked your MR2 you're out how much? $1,500-$2,000 tops??? Wreck an Evo, quattro TT or even M3 and that's a different story! :eek:

Yeah, I would have parked my ride and taken the transit. ;)

-Chike

Chiketkd 12-09-2005 10:09 AM

Btw...

VA had an ice storm last night and there's over an inch of ice on the ground. Guess what car I left at home today? That's right the awd SVX and I took my wife's little fwd Lancer ES instead...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...etkd/27605.jpg

Why, because if I wrecked the Lancer, I wouldn't care, but wreck my SVX and I'd be crapping bricks. :p

-Chike

Mr. Pockets 12-09-2005 10:11 AM

You're right, my MR2 isn't worth a hell of a lot in terms of money. But I have put a ridiculous amount of time and energy into it over the past year. I've spent at least a few grand in parts, as well. I'd be gutted if I wrecked it.

The point is that people here thought that was a lot of snow. Okay, so it doesn't snow that much here very often, but often enoguh that the city should really be prepared for it. The city's lack of preparation and ability to deal with snow compounds the problem and makes it seem much worse than it really is.

The MR2 is a lot of fun in the snow, by the way. ;)

Chiketkd 12-09-2005 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
You're right, my MR2 isn't worth a hell of a lot in terms of money. But I have put a ridiculous amount of time and energy into it over the past year. I've spent at least a few grand in parts, as well. I'd be gutted if I wrecked it.

I with you on that Pockets. :) My wife even suggested that I take her car as she knows how much time and $$$ has gone into it.

-Chike

Landshark 12-09-2005 11:51 AM

i took teh Mrs. Shark's WRX to work last night, because i still have teh scapegoat RE-92's on the LGT.

i had a crapload of fun coming home at midnight on the unplowed, unsalted roads. :D :D :D

i can't wait to get some Blizzaks on the LGT. the SVX was a tank in the snow with just cheap WeatherHandler snow tires.

Pockets, you should dish out your special brand of punishment to those sissy coworkers. SQUEEEEEAL! http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/fil...hark/24960.gif

n00b on demand 12-09-2005 12:11 PM

Screw that crap....you have AWD for a reason. Have some fun and use it for what it was meant for. :rolleyes: :cool:

nordique14 12-09-2005 12:15 PM

I once ended up in freak May snow storm...while driving my convertible...that has summer tires...on a mountain pass with lots of switchbacks. :eek: I had to put the hazards on and work my way down real carefully. Everyone must have thought I was the worst driver ever. :rolleyes:

--Matt

Mr. Pockets 12-09-2005 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landshark
Pockets, you should dish out your special brand of punishment to those sissy coworkers. SQUEEEEEAL!

Um...what, again, is my 'special brand of punishment?'

Earthworm 12-09-2005 01:09 PM

Perhaps they have bald summer tires. If so I don't blame them. My SVX is scary to drive in the winter on my worn Yoko's. I could spin on demand in 4th gear! My Graspics are a whole other story.

I'm sure if they had winter tires they wouldn't have abandoned their cars.

Manarius 12-09-2005 01:12 PM

I was out this morning at like 8 AM...my Legacy was one of the few cars out there. I was sharing the road with a bunch of trucks and SUV's. I had no problems whatsoever; even on completely unplowed roads.

SilverSpear 12-09-2005 01:16 PM

So Pockets, did you show these guys what the SVX's adrenaline in the snow is all about? :cool:

n00b on demand 12-09-2005 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSpear
So Pockets, did you show these guys what the SVX's adrenaline in the snow is all about? :cool:

His SVX is in hibernation. Its not out that much and as you can see he had his MR2 at work. Hell if i had another car or could buy one I would use the SVX as my toy too :( :o

Chiketkd 12-09-2005 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POWER on demand
His SVX is in hibernation. Its not out that much and as you can see he had his MR2 at work. Hell if i had another car or could buy one I would use the SVX as my toy too :( :o

Once I pick up Collin's '95 SVX, I'll be using my wife's silver Lancer as my daily driver around April or so. Want to keep the miles off of the SVX... :D

-Chike