The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another final O/T: SRT4 real world data (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6600)

$VX 10-23-2002 05:44 PM

Another final O/T: SRT4 real world data

Dodge certainly won here, regardless of how many of you refuse to accept the hemi as the ultimate v8.

Dodge Neon SRT4 Number from Sport Compact Car:

250 wft/lbs @ 3000 rpm (at the
223 hp @ 5600 (at the wheels)
CaSh68: AT THE WHEELS?!?!?!
0-60 - 5.8 sec
1/4 mile - 14.2 @ 99
60-0 braking - 119 feet

Sweet mother of jesus.... this kicks ass. Vtec say what?! Bahahahahah.

For 20k you can make Acuras suck your ...well.... you can outperform them VERy easily. Hehehe.

Dodge ownz.

- Ca$h

shoden 10-23-2002 06:01 PM

Yes, the new SRT-4 is a pretty sweet car. However, I don't think those numbers are right. Unfortunately, I'm in the process of moving and all my copies of SCC are boxed up at the new apartment :(

Anyway, the numbers given at www.dodge.com are 215 hp @ 5400 rpm and 245 lb. ft @3200, and that's crank, not wheel, hp.

Is the one they tested in SCC modified already? Bigger exhaust? Increased boost? Otherwise I have a hard time believing that Dodge is adverstising lower horsepower than the car actually has.

Other than that though, the other numbers are spot on... very impressive. Dodge even says it's their quickest car after the Viper!

$VX 10-23-2002 06:51 PM

I know dodge has said that. Those numbers are from the newest issue of SCC. Dodge is playing down the numbers/performance on purpose for insurance and a sneak attack on the competition. :)

I've known about these numbers for a while, due to a PVO meeting at the neon plant this summer. We weren't supposed to release them, but since SCC did it should be okay now. :)

- Ca$h

Landshark 10-23-2002 07:21 PM

WRX:
0-60 5.4sec (Car & Driver)
paid $24,000 (loaded w/ options)
AWD w/VTD

....but doesn't have the legendary Dodge build quality :D

shoden 10-23-2002 07:26 PM

Cool... now all it needs is AWD :D

solarsvx 10-24-2002 07:25 AM

amen shoed

dodge neon had to turbo ti too keep up with the competion

mazda speeds coming out turbo
subaru wrx turbo
mitsu evo 8

all performance turbo cars,,

im really glad the little neon has some kick now,, its been in the long time runing and hope it does well.. im shure dodge wil have its tricks on what ucan modifie and who can modified, hinthint "waranty"

but the only way a turbo car shouwl be is with AWD to enojoy the full power it has to offer,

but again kudos to dodge..

Aredubjay 10-24-2002 08:48 AM

I don't think anyone refuted the Hemi being the "ultimate V-8." It was your contention that the Hemi was in ALL (operative:ALL) Drag Racers (NOTE: No specific reference to classification such as "Top Fuel" "Funny Car" etc.). THAT'S where the contention came in, not in the fact that the Chrysler Hemi is a great engine.

So, get off it already.

Mr. Pockets 10-24-2002 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Landshark
...but doesn't have the legendary Dodge build quality :D
LOL

:D

Shadow248 10-24-2002 05:11 PM

UGLY

Yeah i saw what that thing looks like too. Apparently Dodge thinks they should make all their cars just as ugly as their trucks. Geez that's horrible.

KUL RIDE 10-25-2002 01:08 AM

I've read that SCC article

The test vehicle was pre-production model, and SCC doubted those output numbers will make the final cut. Nevertheless, it will be a hell of a pocket rocket. If only Dodge can slap in LSD...

Myxalplyx 10-25-2002 02:37 PM

Re: I've read that SCC article

Quote:

Originally posted by KUL RIDE
The test vehicle was pre-production model, and SCC doubted those output numbers will make the final cut
Correction! SCC only stated that the development engineer and engine calibrator stated that hte prototype Neon had calibration and hardware which was within several percent of the final production Neon. Even still, taking off 5% less horsepower was still over the factory crank power (215hp & 245lb/ft) figures that were orignially quoted.

And yes, the WRX would have the holeshot advantage but the further you go, a stock Neon turbo would eventually beat a stock WRX based on its 99.5mph trap speed. It's all up to the driver really. Of course rain, gravel, snow, etc, etc would be a different story. From a role, I honestly do not think a stock WRX will be able to hang with the Neon. As a matter of fact, it can't.

solarsvx 10-25-2002 02:53 PM

myxal

its stil a neon in my mind,, crappy solid rear axle cheap interior,

not shure wich is faster have to see that in person but it would be close,, wrx will out handle it and out launch it but top end the neon shoudl cach up..

as for after market potential didge neon wil have alot of caching up to do to a wrx,, and waite till the mitsu evo 8 comes out,

evo 8 4g63 dsm powerplant, runs 13.0 @ 107 comletly stock AWD turbo 4 door, and priced out at around 32,000 wil be one hell of a bang for the buck..

i am curous,to see how the neons after market potential will lay out, i already hear the turbo and exhaust manifold are all in one piece,, so no easy porting to get more hp out of it, and might be limited to a certain turbo ,..

case closing, i hope the neon does well ,, and holds its own, domestic 4 cyl havent had much out there,

Landshark 10-25-2002 02:59 PM

its still a freakin' Neon! even if it is faster than a WRX, it will be falling apart in no time. when i see a Neon, i think "cheap econo-box." if people want to buy a Neon, its their money. My friend is a service manager at a Chrysler dealer. i asked him why he doesn't get a job next door to him at the Subaru dealer (so i can get a hook up :) ) he said, "because i'll never have a shortage of work." he'll be the first to tell you how bad Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge products are. i get to hear his stories all the time.

Aredubjay 10-25-2002 03:13 PM

You can put a $!00,000.00 diamond earring in a pig's snout. It's still a pig. :D

Landshark 10-25-2002 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Aredubjay
You can put a $!00,000.00 diamond earring in a pig's snout. It's still a pig. :D
exactly. i drive an SVX, but i'm still a low-life :D