The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   European Forum (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   always look on the bright side...... (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47978)

blueji 12-22-2008 07:01 PM

always look on the bright side......

Just like to say 'all the best and seasons greetings' to all who know me and those who I've yet to meet!

when I joined the forum, it was quite a busy place.....seems these days folk are shy to post.....even for a chin wag:(

with the cost of fuel down again and no real alternative to rival the SVX.....
Lets hope 09' will see a little revival

Joe, got the bike sorted and ready for the spring.....so will see about tackling the 'bible' in the new year....honest:p

John:)

ensteele 12-22-2008 08:26 PM

Re: always look on the bright side......

Thank you and you have a great Christmas and Happy New Year. :)

Phil Hill 12-23-2008 03:19 AM

I second that John, although I guess I'm partly responsible for not posting as often as I used to..............

Not much chance of a return to SVX motoring for me either, although my Mini projects are keeping me busy at the weekends so that's got to be good. We are currently fitting a BMW K100 motorcycle cylinder head on an A-series block...... which isn't a daft as it sounds, but means I'm probably going to have to become familiar with Megaquirt II in pretty short order !!

I'd like to thank Joe for being the upstanding pillar of the network that he is, again to Joe and Graham for taking on the duties at JAE this last couple of years, to Phil for his seemingly never ending quest to unravel the mysteries of the TCU, and to everyone who has contributed to the European section this year.

So as John says take solice in the reduction in fuel costs and enjoy the swift, smooth and superior motoring pleasure provided by the SVX in 2009.

Phil.

svxistentialist 12-23-2008 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueji (Post 578402)
Just like to say 'all the best and seasons greetings' to all who know me and those who I've yet to meet!

when I joined the forum, it was quite a busy place.....seems these days folk are shy to post.....even for a chin wag:(

with the cost of fuel down again and no real alternative to rival the SVX.....
Lets hope 09' will see a little revival

Joe, got the bike sorted and ready for the spring.....so will see about tackling the 'bible' in the new year....honest:p

Hey John

good to hear from you.;) :D

I'm very pleased to hear about the bike and about the "bible"

Regards the bible it will be nice to get a start whenever we do we do. It will happen quick enough once we get started.

Regards the bike, my touring friends are strongly thinking of Scotland for a few days this year. Any chance you could join us for a day or two? We would have fun :eek:

Joe :)

svxistentialist 12-23-2008 03:02 PM

Be doo,

Be doop be doop be doo.
:rolleyes:

Phil, thanks for the kind comments. It was the car that got me hooked, but it's the people that keep me coming over.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.

Joe :)

blueji 12-24-2008 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Hill (Post 578439)

I'd like to thank Joe for being the upstanding pillar of the network that he is, again to Joe and Graham for taking on the duties at JAE this last couple of years, to Phil for his seemingly never ending quest to unravel the mysteries of the TCU, and to everyone who has contributed to the European section this year.

Phil.

and I'd like to second that Phil!...you can guarantee if you post a question, Joe will answer for sure..(always seems to be in the middle of the night though:p).
I bought my SVX as a 'put me on' till I saw something better..through the help and advise from Ireland and the ROTW, soon made me realise what I had bought!.....5 YEAR AGO!

all the best Phil

Joe, the bike thing would be good, if I get all me bits!

parts for a 16 year old SVX from Japan, 2 weeks...parts for a 5 year old Aprilia from Italy, 2 months....so far:(

b3lha 12-24-2008 04:17 AM

Happy xmas folks!:)

Arthur-UK 01-02-2009 07:13 AM

Happy New year all, I still have the 97 Green SVX (75,000m) it had its MOT recently and is still like new !

I came across another SVX (Silver K reg) on Hayling Island this morning, so Hi if you are on the forum.

Arthur

svxistentialist 01-02-2009 07:34 AM

Howdy Arthur :)

75000 miles, not too shabby.

My current SVX in use is a '92 silver. It has 40K miles on it, I got it from Jersey where they don't have great scope for high mileage. :rolleyes:

Happy New Year everybody

Joe