The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   Down Under (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   FYI: Yet another one 4WS in NZ? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=34245)

nutshell 07-16-2006 07:10 AM

FYI: Yet another one 4WS in NZ?

Apparently only two claret/black touring models (leather. roof. 4WS, short wing) were ever brought to NZ.

NUTSHL is one.

The other is (so they say) owned by an elderly gent name of URLICH, which just happens to his plate as well.

Keep ya posted.

Ian

ensteele 07-16-2006 12:53 PM

Are you looking for him? :)

floatingkiwi 07-26-2006 12:58 PM

I would certainly like to get a hold of one of those babbies!

nutshell 07-30-2006 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensteele
Are you looking for him? :)

Yep. Know where he is?

As an aside. mate of mine knows the ex-Service Manager of Subaru NZ in the early 90's. Apparently 8 SVX were imported. Mine was #2

-JJ- 11-21-2006 04:21 AM

There is black 4ws in Australia:eek: , in Canberra to be exact!, recieved conformation today, i am awaiting some photos to be sent to me:D :cool:

Trevor 11-24-2006 10:52 PM

Fws

I know of another for sure. It was pranged and went to a wreckers yard. Also another which moved on, after the owner spent much time and money on it. He was an electronics expert and fixed the control unit himself. I have the details.

They were extra cheap second hand in Japan, because no one wants one due to the cost of repairs. Because of this many of those imported into NZ were so equipped. Beware !

In point of fact, several makes introduced this feature, but consumers did not like it and it was a dead duck.

Trevor 11-24-2006 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutshell
Yep. Know where he is?

As an aside. mate of mine knows the ex-Service Manager of Subaru NZ in the early 90's. Apparently 8 SVX were imported. Mine was #2

On 10/05/3002, I was advised on the telephone, by Mr. Rod Cunningham of Subaru NZ, that overall, 57 were sold new in NZ. He said that The going price was NZ$110,000, but the last were discounted at NZ$100,000. I have a very good friend who purchased one from new, so could confirm the price with him if this is of very real interest.

rallyingrob 11-26-2006 09:55 AM

forgive my ignorance but........
i kinda always assumed the NZ dollar was similarly valued to the aussie?
100,000$ ?!?!?!?
yikes!!!

( i know the aussie is roughly equivalent to the cdn $ right now.....)

hairy 01-26-2008 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutshell (Post 414790)
Apparently only two claret/black touring models (leather. roof. 4WS, short wing) were ever brought to NZ.

NUTSHL is one.

The other is (so they say) owned by an elderly gent name of URLICH, which just happens to his plate as well.

Keep ya posted.

Ian

Sorry to reopen a v.old thread but URLICH was the SVX I spotted and followed for a short time a couple of days ago in Remuera.
I got a thumbs up from the driver when I pulled up alongside.

:p

SURTEESS 01-29-2008 10:47 AM

4WS SVX - for Trevor + others

Trevor - I remember seeing Ulrich up on the car ramp at North Shore Giltraps - getting the 4WS control unit taken out - he hit a kerb & got the rear wheels pointing slightly the wrong way - the rear electronics package behind the rear diff had to be sent to Japan to be fixed as no one at that stage had any info.

I should have taken some photos for the guys overseas to check out (hey Trevor maybe you could get under yours next time it is in the air?.

Still got my 95 SVX with 120km - believe it was the last one sold new in NZ - first owner only did 5km in 18 months!!! before I got my hands on it (for a mear 50% of original cost).

Steve (1 OF 1)

Trevor 01-29-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SURTEESS (Post 524237)
Trevor - I remember seeing Ulrich up on the car ramp at North Shore Giltraps - getting the 4WS control unit taken out - he hit a kerb & got the rear wheels pointing slightly the wrong way - the rear electronics package behind the rear diff had to be sent to Japan to be fixed as no one at that stage had any info.

I should have taken some photos for the guys overseas to check out (hey Trevor maybe you could get under yours next time it is in the air?.

Still got my 95 SVX with 120km - believe it was the last one sold new in NZ - first owner only did 5km in 18 months!!! before I got my hands on it (for a mear 50% of original cost).

Steve (1 OF 1)

My car does not have 4WS. I made sure I did not purchase one so equipped. I know of one which had the electronics repaired locally by the owner, who had electronic skills. However I have lost contact and I understand he has sold the car.

As I understand it, in Japan used SVX with 4WS are considered a liability due to repair factors, and because of the price difference quite a few have ended up here via dealers.

SURTEESS 01-29-2008 02:32 PM

4WS SVX - for Trevor + others

Yes that is right - I saw a 4WS version for sale in Wellington, but decided that something weighing 1800kg+ with 4WS was not for me....

'E' 01-30-2008 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -JJ- (Post 438410)
There is black 4ws in Australia:eek: , in Canberra to be exact!, recieved conformation today, i am awaiting some photos to be sent to me:D :cool:

the black ruby mica 4ws is in Canberra is mine now :D and it was originally imported from NZ to OZ

E

subbieatnz 02-03-2008 04:26 AM

ive got an 4ws svx im wreaking here in chch ay

nutshell 02-18-2008 06:15 AM

4WS in West Auckland

Peter, up in the boonies of Candia Road now has four SVX under the wrecking ball...the first was a 4WS he owned for many years before it bit the dust. He's a good source of all sorts of bits and pieces.
FYI my 4WS works fine...at 230+ Kms - once Wingers sorted out how to put the steering rack together properly. ;)