The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   10th Anniversary Meet (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Traveling from/through MN (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3708)

Stevebsy 04-17-2002 04:41 PM

Traveling from/through MN

Well...I know it seems a little early, but here is my travel plan. I'd love to hook up with anyone along the way, or if anyone is coming from farther west/north have them hook up with me.

Duluth, MN to Eau Claire, WI (hwy 53 to I94)
Eau Claire to Madison
Take I39 South from Madison, down to Normal IL
I74 East to hwy 43
North to Lafayette

This helps me avoid rush hour in Chicago...tho it might not be so bad if we had a good sized convoy going by the time we got to Chicago...

I plan on leaving Duluth at about 6am and arriving in Lafayette at about 6-7 pm

Anyone?

BLKSVX92 04-17-2002 08:01 PM

What day to you plan on leaving?

I was hoping on Doug and any others in Milwaukee..or above me to "pick me up" in Rockford....then head down to get Lwin..... I think Colin is going to try to head my way from Madison

Stevebsy 04-18-2002 09:06 AM

That'd be Friday 6 am. I imagine I'd be getting to Madison by about noon and Milwaukee by about 1-2ish so if people are good with those times, then I'll join the caravan. If not...oh well :(:(

Bwana 04-18-2002 09:35 AM

Mike, if you "pick up" Lwin, then i'll join in, I live like 10 mins from him. I'll try to arrange with him so you can get us both at the same place.

P.S. Lwin, are you going to bring the '92 only? or both? If you want to bring both and your brother's not coming, my dad would probably be willing to drive the other one. Or, if you're feeling particularly daring, my 15 y.o brother could use some highway experience. :D

BLKSVX92 04-18-2002 10:08 AM

If you hit up Milwaukee around 2...that puts you in Rockford at 330 almost on the head..however theres a ton of construction goign on here (Milwaukee) right now

Those times seem to be fine with me....because that puts us to Lwin im guessing around 5ish 6...then off to the meet.

Seraph 04-18-2002 11:22 AM

ok gys sounds good tome.

as for the info on y 94, chances are that the 94 will be long gone

Lwin

Earthworm 04-18-2002 11:43 AM

If I am able to go I would gladly join the caravan. Of course for me to be in Duluth for 6am I would have to leave home around 9pm the previous night. If my dad/mechanic goes with me then we should be able to drive all night.

My journey starts in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

BLKSVX92 04-19-2002 10:18 AM

hotel reservations made...ITS A GO!!! :D

Stevebsy 04-19-2002 01:35 PM

Let me know if you are coming. I can recommend a hotel for you in Duluth, or possibly you could crash out at our place, old lady permitting :eek:

Quote:

Originally posted by Earthworm
If I am able to go I would gladly join the caravan. Of course for me to be in Duluth for 6am I would have to leave home around 9pm the previous night. If my dad/mechanic goes with me then we should be able to drive all night.

My journey starts in Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Stevebsy 06-07-2002 09:35 PM

Bump!

Hey just a little bump here for any of you who will be travelling from the MN area to the big meet.

My Plan is slightly revised now..

6am -- Leave Duluth, MN (With Earthworm? if he makes it from Canada)
9am -- hit I94 at Eau Claire, WI
Noon -- Madison, WI
Lunch/gas/slack time until 1 pm

From Madison, depending on the SE WI contingent

either A:
3pm - Milwaukee, WI via I94 to hook up with Milwaukee people
5pm - Chicago, IL
8pm - Lafayette, IN

or B:
4pm - Chicago, IL via I-90
7pm - Lafayette, IN via I-65

So....I'd like to hook up with anyone coming on I94 from west of Eau Claire, or anywhere else along those routes...anybody have similar plans? Please speak up now so we can get our plan together :D:D:D

subymtnguy 06-09-2002 07:46 AM

the 6 P's.....

"Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!"

I learned this lesson a long time ago!

I can't wait for the road trip, and really look foward to meeting everyone!

:D

mark10t 06-12-2002 11:08 AM

Count us in, Stevebsy!

I assumed you might come south thru the 'cities', but you indicated you're going to take the 'shortcut' to U-Clair. I guess we'll have to meet up with you there.

I'll have to check with Pski to see if he's still coming from ND. Maybe he can hookup with us too.

-Mark

Stevebsy 06-12-2002 06:54 PM

There is a rest area approx. 24 miles east of Eau Claire in I-94. I think that is where I will stop and hopefully meet up with you and some other folks.

Judging by my plan, I should be there at about 9:30AM on Friday. Does that work for you (or anyone else coming that way)?

Oooh I am getting giddy about this whole meet...even though I will have to miss the plant tour :(

Quote:

Originally posted by mark10t
Count us in, Stevebsy!

I assumed you might come south thru the 'cities', but you indicated you're going to take the 'shortcut' to U-Clair. I guess we'll have to meet up with you there.

I'll have to check with Pski to see if he's still coming from ND. Maybe he can hookup with us too.

-Mark

Seraph 06-25-2002 07:50 PM

The plans are not in final stages yet but I would like to leave Chicago by about 2 at the latest. I MAY have another 94 of my own to go as well. Let's all hope and pray for me. As for driving, I say Doug from milwakee can come down and Colin from Dalavan can swing out and pick up Mike. I should have 4 SVXes leaving Chicago on Friday. Perhaps 5 if I end up buying the 94 and bringing it down too. Let's wait and see on that. Steve, if you are comming down, let me know so that we can pencil you as well. Send me an e-mail with contact number as well. If anyone else in Chicago area is going down, let me know as well so that I can give you plans.

I have driven with a 87 prelude a while back and without speeding (below 90mph) in IN, I can make it to location in about 2.5 hours from Chicago.

Lwin

Stevebsy 06-25-2002 09:12 PM

Hmm.. can you wait a little longer for us? There should be a few of us in the caravan by the time we hit Chicago..

I'll recheck my maps and see what I have to do to get to Chicago by/around 2pm..