The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Cars For Sale (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Feeler: 92 Pearlie LS 92k 4.44's (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29678)

Fuzz541 11-18-2005 08:28 PM

Feeler: 92 Pearlie LS 92k 4.44's

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...VX01LFront.jpg

Sold to fantomas on NASIOC.com 5/23/06.

Fuzz541 11-19-2005 05:29 PM

Sorry no update on details or photos. I had to work a last-minute double last night and slept all day.

OBO means OBO. Throw me a serious offer if you think my price is high. Thoughts?

Fuzz541 11-20-2005 07:17 PM

Bump for reasonable offers.

solarsvx 11-21-2005 10:26 AM

any pics? where is it located now?

Chiketkd 11-21-2005 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzz541
OBO means OBO. Throw me a serious offer if you think $5,000 is high. Thoughts?

As you haven't posted pics yet, it's hard to say whether your price of $5,000 is fair or not. The 4.44's are a +ve as well as the mileage. But two fender-benders in the rear is just too vague.

-Chike

Fuzz541 11-21-2005 02:16 PM

Bump for old photos. New ones to be added asap, and I can email hi-res versions. PM your email address to me.

Photos will probably go up tonight (snow tires are being put on as we type as 6" plus is expected tomorrow). Inspectable 225/50-16 Michelin Pilots will be included too).

The car is located in central VT. I'll take closeups of the rear fenders, inside and out, to show the repair areas. You can just barely tell from the outside that there has been bodywork. The right corner was dinged when the previous owner backed into a planter in his driveway. He had it repaired by a shop that also specialized in Porsches. He was unaware of the left ding, which must have occurred in Florida when his 80-something father owned the car. <=== not kidding. Numerous receipts with his name and I'll try to look up his obituary online. :( I bought it from his son in VT, who inherited it when he died.

I'm heading out to pick up the car and take pictures before dark. I'll post lots more about recent maintenance, etc. later. I have absolutely nothing to hide - I've just been busy the last few days and my default mode is disorganized. :D

Also, I've really enjoyed driving the car the last few days and am. not. sure. I. want. to. sell. it. :p Grrr. :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Chiketkd 11-21-2005 02:35 PM

Quote:

Also, I've really enjoyed driving the car the last few days and am. not. sure. I. want. to. sell. it. :p Grrr. :rolleyes:

Not surprised. Those 4.44 gears are perfect for our cars!

Good luck with the sale! :)

-Chike

Fuzz541 11-22-2005 08:06 AM

38 photos: http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/fuzz541pi...lst?.dir=/mail The interior / exterior shots were in a hurry and the car is filthy. There is a bit of pilling on the front seats, and the mats are in good (not new) shape.

Bumpz0r. I took a bunch of quick/dirty photos last night - all the little nicks and dings I could find on the body. The "damage" by the rear fenders is only internally visible on the left side (see drill/pull marks by the quarter). Apparently the right side was repaired without drilling and probably just consisted of Bondo.

The bumper covers could proably stand to be repainted, as there is a little bit of peel in the clearcoat and some crackling on the left rear corner (old man parking "nudges," I'm sure). There is one small puncture in the right/rear bumper cover, visible in the photos. The big ugly scuff in front of the left/rear wheel is actually about the size of two quarters. It would be 99% invisible with touch up paint, and it's plastic, so there's no rust concern.

As I said, nothing to hide. The sheetmetal is excellent except for the tiny paint crack on the right/front fender (visible with the quarter).

If the car doesn't sell I'll just get all of the above fixed and enjoy it. :D

Fuzz541 11-22-2005 08:10 AM

Also, the new tranny keeps getting smoother and smoother every day I drive it. I pwn3d a bunch of commuter lemmings this morning after dropping my kids off at preschool. Just pick a hole up ahead in traffic and "zip" you're there. <-- (did I just write that? :p )

I'll post the maintenance details later after I paint my kitchen. If I don't have it done today I think my wife will stuff/serve me for Thanksgiving.

Chiketkd 11-22-2005 08:25 AM

Beautiful car. Hope she finds a great home! :)

-Chike

Fuzz541 11-23-2005 05:44 PM

Thanks. I've always wanted one and finally found this clean one. Too bad about the tranny but now it's 4.44's, thanks in large part to you, svxfiles, and others who've "gone before me." :D As someone with tons more SVX experience than I have, how am I on price (given recent repair history of brakes, bearings, etc. that I'll be posting tomorrow)?

Fuzz541 11-25-2005 08:53 AM

Bump for maintenance update. I mentioned wheel bearings before but could find no documentation so I removed it from the original post. There is no roar or vibration from any wheels / bearings.

ensteele 11-25-2005 09:05 AM

Quote:

As someone with tons more SVX experience than I have, how am I on price (given recent repair history of brakes, bearings, etc. that I'll be posting tomorrow)?

I would say you are somewhat high on the price. I know that you put a new tranny in, but that makes it usable again. I would think that somewhere between $4,000 and $5,000 would be fair. I would be a little concerned about the tires which are not the same age though. Good luck on the sale. :)

Fuzz541 11-29-2005 12:16 PM

Bump for some wiggle room on price. Like I said, make an offer...

kuroneko_sama 01-24-2006 03:43 AM

where in vt