The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Does your interior rattle? (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11173)

DavieGravy 06-04-2003 11:35 PM

Does your interior rattle?

Some people say I'm too picky so I wanted to gather some info.
Thanks.

b3lha 06-05-2003 02:47 AM

It was solid as a rock until I started fiddling with it.

Once you start removing interior panels to fix the speakers/speedo/bulbs etc., they're never quite the same again.

Motorsport-SVX 06-05-2003 03:28 AM

sorta

have the usual dash pop from time to time
for the most part.....no
rear pkg shelf rattled until I padded it.....

want-a-fast-svx 06-05-2003 08:57 AM

wish i knew, but im gonna have to go with lots of irritating rattles...The bearings are too loud though so i cant hear the rattles...

Mr. Pockets 06-05-2003 09:02 AM

I've been very happy with how solid and quiet the interior in my SVX is. What a car. :D

kvnobrien 06-05-2003 09:29 AM

I drove it without a radio for a year and the only rattle came from the panel where moon roof open close buttons are. My '01 2.5 RS has ten times the number of rattles of my '92 SVX.

Chicane 06-05-2003 10:33 AM

Mine was dead silent when I bought it, but I think madisons horrible roads, potholes, bumps, etc are taking it's toll. It seems like it's aging rapidly. It still isn't bad, but it isn't great like it used to be.

- Rob

LarryIII 06-05-2003 10:40 AM

I just wish that my own interior was as rattle free as my 92 SVX's interior. :D :D

JLittell 06-05-2003 10:54 AM

Don't come a knock'n, when the the SVX 'a' rock'n!!:D

SVXer95 06-05-2003 11:27 AM

The only rattle I ever get is the change in the change-holder.

SVX10 06-05-2003 01:00 PM

I was good until I rolled it up to Flint. Now I have a rear deck rattle. The stereo cover rattles when open if I hit a really bumpy patch. Plus I have the suspension knock goin' on...i have my share of noises, but none are audible with stereo on.

Pure_Insanity8 06-05-2003 03:55 PM

Re: sorta

Quote:

Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX
have the usual dash pop from time to time
for the most part.....no
rear pkg shelf rattled until I padded it.....

What did you do to pad it, Dayle?

I get rattles there, too. Also the dash pop often... with lots'o sqeakin' in between. The head unit cover when open. The A pillar has a squeak as I recall. The door lock "buttons" rattle a bit... maybe some felt behind them. The passenger seat belt release button rattles like crazy... so a stick a penny in it.:D

I'm REALLY picky, too. All these drive me absolutely nuts! Gotta just crank the stereo to drown my "sorrows.":D

However, the noises from the engine bay are the ones that concern me the most. Especially since I literally had put my ear to the hood and listen for 5 seconds in order to hear that it was running.:(

Alycone 06-05-2003 07:31 PM

Aside from the occasional alarming cracking sound from the windshield, mine's pretty quiet.

Ron Mummert 06-05-2003 09:15 PM

About two years ago on a long pleasure trip, I began to hear a buzz coming from somewhere on the dash/console area at about 3000 RPM. I began to push on everything in sight in those areas. Finally I got to the stock radio & pushed up on a piece of plastic & the noise stopped. It's the highest part of the radio molding that, in my case, seems to vibrate against the lowest part of the dash plastic that contains the climate control buttons. The fix was & still is a folded dollar bill stuck in the gap. I have another intermittant rattle that comes from the front edge of the sunroof. If I lightly press the headliner of the sunroof, it stops. Any help on this one?

Ron (it's a good rattle if it ain't a death rattle).

ensteele 06-05-2003 10:38 PM

I only get the normal cracking of the windshield when it is heating up or cooling down. :)