The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   SVX Parts Wanted (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   wtb: cheap as is motor (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46281)

jeffast 09-22-2008 10:17 PM

wtb: cheap as is motor

i'm looking for a long block that runs, i don't care if it leaks or smokes a little just needs to be cheap or free.

SVX92-97 09-23-2008 11:09 AM

Re: wtb: cheap as is motor

Im about to pull the engine out of my 94 pearlie. It has 158k miles and runs good, has some gasket leaks it appears. Im in CT. You can have it for $450 plus shipping.

jeffast 09-24-2008 02:20 PM

uh, thanks i appreciate your offer, but my budget is pretty much 0.
i was hopeing someone would donate one to my cause, thats about all i can afford.

benebob 10-13-2008 05:21 PM

If you can figure out how to get one out west you can have one of the ones in my attic for the cost of scrap $60 or so.

jeffast 11-03-2008 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 568316)
If you can figure out how to get one out west you can have one of the ones in my attic for the cost of scrap $60 or so.

you know i wish i had seen this, tomsvx offerd to bring one out to me if i found one out there... crap

benebob 11-04-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffast (Post 571133)
you know i wish i had seen this, tomsvx offerd to bring one out to me if i found one out there... crap

You snooze you loose. It's still up in the 2nd floor, not 100% complete but the motor is there and I'm sure you can swap the missing sensors etc with your existing motor. If you come up with a way to get it out there she's yours. It isn't going anywhere at the moment. Unless Dave decides to go on a motor killing spree.:D

wawazat?? 11-06-2008 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffast (Post 571133)

I don't think it would have fit in the Forrester:lol:

jeffast 12-02-2008 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 571202)
You snooze you loose. It's still up in the 2nd floor, not 100% complete but the motor is there and I'm sure you can swap the missing sensors etc with your existing motor. If you come up with a way to get it out there she's yours. It isn't going anywhere at the moment. Unless Dave decides to go on a motor killing spree.:D

i'll see if phil can pick it up on the way back from the dragon lol

benebob 12-12-2008 06:26 PM

Just give me a couple weeks notice so I can figure out how to get it down!

jeffast 12-13-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 576568)
Just give me a couple weeks notice so I can figure out how to get it down!

k, i will but i think phils rear bumper will drag, if he puts an eg33 in the trunk. :)

benebob 12-14-2008 01:28 PM

It should fit fine right where the pass. seat goes!;)

kingbobdole 12-15-2008 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 576815)
It should fit fine right where the pass. seat goes!;)

I kinda need that seat... for my wife.. ;)

Hondasucks 12-15-2008 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benebob (Post 571202)
You snooze you loose.

win/lose tight/loose

Quote:

Originally Posted by wawazat?? (Post 571475)
I don't think it would have fit in the Forrester:lol:

Forester has one R :P I guess we SVX owners have it easy when it comes to spelling our cars :P

What do you need an engine for? Are you taking Chassis Fabrication? If so, who is your instructor? If you run into Howard Trammell or Randy Svalina tell him Andrew from Oregon with the Polara says hi :D And watch out for Gordon Cossitt, he knows a lot but he's a complete ass, he dragged everyone from every class out of the shop and back into the classroom because one kid decided to weld in the shape of the middle finger with "F*** YOU" next to it, and Gordon found it in the scrap bin and flipped out... We were all like, yeah that was childish but it really wasn't worth dragging each class back to the classroom and yelling at us for 20 minutes...

Also, go over to Collision at the Main Campus and hunt down Bill Mikkelson aka Nine Fingers, he's a nice guy, and he's a Subaru freak too.