The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Semi OT (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3676)

LarryIII 04-16-2002 04:39 AM

Semi OT

As most of you know, I have been out of work since 3/15/02.
Well, I have a new job. I will start tomorrow at Jacobs Engineering in Conshohocken, PA. Conshohocken is an Indian name. It is next to Philly about 35 miles from my house. Jacobs is the 3rd or 4th largest engineering co. in the USA. Yesterday, I went in for orientation. In the parking lot was a black '92 SVX with Delaware plates. Imagine my suprise. I left a network calling card on his windshield. I wrote a note with my home phone no. on it. No call so far.
When I worked for D&Z in Phila., there were 3 of us SVXers in the same bld'g. Then I was transfered to D&Z in Newark, DE and my boss bought an SVX. No I start for a new company and there's another SVX. They seem to be following me. Who says they are so rare. If this keeps up, I may become paranoid.

To paraphase the immortal works of a very famous & great paranoid personality: " YOU WON'T HAVE LARRY iii TO KICK AROUND ANYMORE !!!"

My appologies to Tricky Dicky.

Larry III

Mr. Pockets 04-16-2002 07:15 AM

Re: Semi OT

Quote:

Originally posted by LarryIII
Well, I have a new job. I will start tomorrow at Jacobs Engineering in Conshohocken, PA. Conshohocken is an Indian name. It is next to Philly about 35 miles from my house. Jacobs is the 3rd or 4th largest engineering co. in the USA. Yesterday, I went in for orientation. In the parking lot was a black '92 SVX with Delaware plates. Imagine my suprise. I left a network calling card on his windshield. I wrote a note with my home phone no. on it. No call so far.
When I worked for D&Z in Phila., there were 3 of us SVXers in the same bld'g. Then I was transfered to D&Z in Newark, DE and my boss bought an SVX. No I start for a new company and there's another SVX. They seem to be following me. Who says they are so rare. If this keeps up, I may become paranoid.

To paraphase the immortal works of a very famous & great paranoid personality: " YOU WON'T HAVE LARRY iii TO KICK AROUND ANYMORE !!!"

Larry III

Congratulations on the job, Larry!

Beav 04-16-2002 08:38 AM

You're not paranoid if they really are out to get you. :eek:

Congrats on the job.

Seraph 04-16-2002 09:23 AM

congrats!

Green1995SVX 04-16-2002 09:58 AM

I hope everything goes well for you Larry :)

-Mike

wasions 04-16-2002 10:19 AM

Best of luck Larry!

I guess you worked time off in July into the contract? :D

Never2phat 04-16-2002 11:58 AM

Congrats on the new job :)

Quote:

Who says they are so rare. If this keeps up, I may become paranoid
Didn't anyone tell you that every Pennsylvanian owns a SVX? ;) :D :)

:D B.C. :D

Green1995SVX 04-16-2002 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Never2phat

It really does seem like it. They seem to be breeding on campus here at school. Someone needs to lock them up or something. SVX's these days... :rolleyes:

-Mike:D

LarryIII 04-16-2002 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Never2phat

Brian,

I did say in the post that the black SVX had DE plates.

Delaware is a very small, very cool state, run like a good business (not Enron). But, as a state it gets no respect from the large states around it, like PA, MD, & NJ. SHEEESSSSH !!!!

Larry III or iii

svxistentialist 04-16-2002 03:28 PM

Gone fission

Quote:

Larry III

Larry

Congrats on the new job. You take care now until you get used to the off-ramps on this 35 mile trip.

Joe
:D

Aredubjay 04-16-2002 03:43 PM

Great, Larry! Congratulations! They DID let you "grandfather" your vacation time for the 10th Anniversary meet, didn't they?

Again, congrats!!

phoenix96 04-16-2002 04:49 PM

Quote:

Brian,

I did say in the post that the black SVX had DE plates.

Delaware is a very small, very cool state, run like a good business (not Enron). But, as a state it gets no respect from the large states around it, like PA, MD, & NJ. SHEEESSSSH !!!!

Larry III or iii

Maryland? New Jersey? "large states"? LOL :p

Never2phat 04-16-2002 05:26 PM

Quote:

It really does seem like it. They seem to be breeding on campus here at school. Someone needs to lock them up or something. SVX's these days...
He he he :D

Quote:

Maryland? New Jersey? "large states"? LOL
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
My state is bigger than your state Larry of three eyes. Whatcha gonna do about it ;)

LarryIII 04-16-2002 07:16 PM

Brian,

MD, PA, & NJ are geographically large. DE is small (tiny) geographically and by population. But it's a solvent state .financially,which is more than can be said for Philly & Pittsburgh.

In fact, it took a kid from Brooklyn (Ed Rendel) to straighten out Philly's finances.
The raods in PA are in general disrepair. Ask any SVXer that took the PA T'pke on their way to the Reading SVX Meet.

SEPTA is also joke. It's a bus company running a full size set of electric trains - not very well. I know, I rode those trains enough.

Larry III

phoenix96 04-16-2002 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

MD, PA, & NJ are geographically large.
Hehe ;)