The Subaru SVX World Network

The Subaru SVX World Network (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/index.php)
-   General SVX Babble (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wow. My Leather Is Soft Now! :d (https://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11829)

Chicane 07-07-2003 05:42 PM

Wow. My Leather Is Soft Now! :d

Alright, before I tell you what I used, I'll tell you what I've used BEFORE this:

Meguire's gold class leather cleaner conditioner... blah. Yeah, it doesn't leave the leather greasy, but it doesn't really like to 'absorb' into the leather either. Helped, but wasn't impressed.

Eagle 1 Leather Conditioner: It moisturized better than mequire's, but it left everything greasy feeling, which kinda sucked. Easy to apply.

Blue Magic Leather Wipes: AVOID AVOID AVOID! It took off a bunch of 'grey' on my steering wheel and I now have a steering wheel with an ugly brown spot.

Alright, this stuff, I've been WAY impressed with their wax so I've been wanting to try their leather products out for a while:

ZYMOL LEATHER CLEANER SPRAY AND LEATHER CONDITIONING CREAM

HOLY CRAP! My leather is SOOOOOO soft now. I cleaned all the leather (it wasn't very dirty), then let my car sit out in the sun to warm everything up, and applied the cream. Wow. Worked alright. The ingrediants are all natural. Anyway, I was pretty impressed.

BUT TODAY, 3 DAYS LATER, ITS SOOOO SOFT! :D I can't believe it! :D!

You guys should try some! IT RULES!

- Rob

Kerven Subaru 07-07-2003 06:13 PM

Rob-

Where did you get this stuff? All Subaru leather tends to get that tough feeling after a while. I would be very intersted to try some.

Mike
Kerven Subaru Parts

Chicane 07-07-2003 06:25 PM

TARGET! :D I didn't know Zymol even MADE leather products and I saw some there... and MAN! I can't believe what a difference it made! I used about 1/3rd of the bottle on my seats (front and back), wheel, and shifter (and ebrake) handle. Next time I'm going to just SLATHER the seats with it and cover it with a garbage bag so it REALLY soaks in. But yeah go for it. 7 bucks for hte cleaner, 7 bucks for the conditioning cream.

- Rob

SubaSteevo 07-07-2003 07:25 PM

I'll have to try it

Did it help to fix any cracking?

I've only used Armor All leather wipes and Meguires. I find the same thing with the Meguires. The AA wipes clean the leather nice if dirty but do nothing to make it softer, only more slippery.

ensteele 07-07-2003 10:44 PM

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try. I have some leather that I have been working on for quite a while. I have used Lexol as well, and it makes the leather feel greasy. I will try it the Zymol and give my impression as well. :)

Chicane 07-08-2003 10:44 AM

You guys will love it! :D

- Rob

Scott 07-08-2003 12:23 PM

You sound way to happy about your soft leather Rob. Pretty soon you'll be telling us you were rolling around naked on it. :eek:

My leather is nice and soft already. My steering wheel looks like crap, but the rest of the interior is nice. I just wish I could afford to get my clear coat stripped and re-done.

LarryIII 07-08-2003 06:24 PM

The Zymol that Rob discussed is available in Pep Boys and NAPA around northern DE.

svxeno 07-08-2003 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chicane
You guys will love it! :D

- Rob

Thanks Rob, I'll be checking it out this weekend.

Soft leather WOOHOO!

Randy ii

EverclearAtMSU 07-08-2003 08:06 PM

place i work for is the only zymol dealer in MI. I haven't seen this yet! I'll have to order some asap!!! hmmm...possible group buy discount oportunity :D

ensteele 07-08-2003 11:37 PM

Did someone say Discount? :D

Motorsport-SVX 07-08-2003 11:56 PM

good stuff

Ive also been using a product Ive only seen
at the Jaguar dealer, its a cream called HIDEFOOD.
Spread it on, and let is soak in, ...then buff it off.
I use it about once every few months...
good topic Chicane....:)

ensteele 07-09-2003 12:04 AM

Dayle

Do you like it, and how does it work? What is the price on that product? :)

Landshark 07-09-2003 12:04 AM

Re: good stuff

Quote:

Originally posted by Motorsport-SVX
Ive also been using a product Ive only seen
at the Jaguar dealer, its a cream called HIDEFOOD.
Spread it on, and let is soak in, ...then buff it off.
I use it about once every few months...
good topic Chicane....:)

i heard that stuff smells like horsesh*t. true?

Motorsport-SVX 07-09-2003 12:27 AM

its great

Quote:

Originally posted by ensteele
Dayle

Do you like it, and how does it work? What is the price on that product? :)

its the only thing Jaguar reccomends
Ive been using it for over 10 yrs, love it.
It has a distinct smell, but nothing really bad in my opinion.
Think its about $10-13 for a small jar of it.